Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Henley Homes

Page 126 of 128
Has anyone looked into the T&Cs for the 50 year warranty ? Is it the same contract as the standard 7 year HIA warranty ?
baronx good pickup. surely will read about this.
How soon did people have a site start once they received their building permits?
Hi stayxtrue just checked my dates,
received permits on the 19/4
site scrape started on the 9/5
slab prep started on the 15/5
3-4 weeks for start
Hi Just a question to all,

1st snip is from my Final Drawings of Floor Plan, where i confirmed with Henley Admin team that why my Island having 20mm Caesarstone where with my promotion it is 40mm stone on top. (40mm is just downfall, not actual stone top)

After checking with them what they advised me is that Manufacture don't make any Caesarstone as 40mm or 80mm it is just on the side/shadow line what it looks like to be 40mm or 80mm in fact actual stone is just 20mm if you cut in half from the middle. i have selected Style 602.

is it what the same for everyone.?
That's right. All Caesarstones are 20mm only Edges is 40mm or 60 mm and pay too much for those edges...
zee1308 you will notice the difference in size if you under mount your sink...20mm around the sink and 40mm around the island bench, unless you go for a top mounted sink then you wont know the difference
@bhutani.sumit I got the sample contract from Henley.. will keep you posted
D.Sao-Mafiti
@zee1308 you will notice the difference in size if you under mount your sink...20mm around the sink and 40mm around the island bench, unless you go for a top mounted sink then you wont know the difference

yeah it is top mount sink.
Hello friends! Just curious if anyone else building in The Grove at Tarneit?

Trying to do some research on Henley build quality for KDR. Is there a general consensus if they're worthwhile building with or will it come down to your luck on who you get working on your build?

productrev1ew.com.au has some savage reviews!
Special_K
Trying to do some research on Henley build quality for KDR. Is there a general consensus if they're worthwhile building with or will it come down to your luck on who you get working on your build?

Nice designs and up front pricing. Ended up forfeiting our $1,500 deposit as we had zero confidence in their ability to deliver. Typical smoke and mirrors organisation, who it seems are of the belief that building with them is a privilege. It was a real shame as we really liked their design and suited our wide block in a greenfields estate. I would rather sink $1,500 than have to deal with the pain of building and subsequent maintenance issues.

We have built before and I'm familiar with local design caveats and bca so well versed in the process.

Special_K

Depends on your luck and the odds of getting a good one is tough.
I'm building the reserve range and the workmanship make me sick not mentioning their admin stage worst of what I can image.

vintay68
Special_K

I'm building the reserve range and the workmanship make me sick not mentioning their admin stage worst of what I can image.

Agree with this. We're building at the west and for us it was the floorplan and inclusion package(that we got) that made us decide to go with Henley. Admin stage was overall a good experience. Workmanship is going to test your reserve. Comparing with neighbouring builds in our estate, you'll easily lose your confidence. Not sure if this is with SS or trades but I believe this is still SS' responsibility. I'll never build with Henley without hiring a private inspector - that's for sure.

Special_K

You still trying to choose a builder SpecialK?

voltairevi
vintay68
Special_K

Agree with this. We're building at the west and for us it was the floorplan and inclusion package(that we got) that made us decide to go with Henley. Admin stage was overall a good experience. Workmanship is going to test your reserve. Comparing with neighbouring builds in our estate, you'll easily lose your confidence. Not sure if this is with SS or trades but I believe this is still SS' responsibility. I'll never build with Henley without hiring a private inspector - that's for sure.

This is really worrying. We are in tender and contract stage with Henley. Any tips anyone?

pri7780
voltairevi
vintay68
[quote="Special_K"]Trying to do some research on Henley build quality for KDR. Is there a general consensus if they're worthwhile building with or will it come down to your luck on who you get working on your build?

This is really worrying. We are in tender and contract stage with Henley. Any tips anyone?

[/quote]You're quite some way into the process now and realistically the overwhelming majority of volume builders feed you rubbish and treat you with contempt. If you're not familiar with construction, it may be a good idea to engage a reputable stage inspector.

Mondeo
it may be a good idea to engage a reputable stage inspector.

Any recommendations for inspectors in Melbourne (West) ?
baronx
Mondeo
it may be a good idea to engage a reputable stage inspector.

Any recommendations for inspectors in Melbourne (West) ?
I've engaged Darbecca but it's up to your SS to take action on those issues stated in the report. Most of them just don't bother.

I have used Jim's inspectors previously but going with Darbecca this time around.
Related
16/04/2024
Henley Homes

Building A New House

Hi, If you give a set of criteria as to what means 'good' to you, it'll give others prompts to respond. We considered Henley early on but there were two factors that…

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum