Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Henley Homes

Page 122 of 128
quiggs
spice girl
quiggs
Yes you can Spice Girl

Thanks Quiggs, great to hear. Just been advised land is delayed again til May, so will start to get stung by the pricing matrix soon if it delays much further. One option is to forego the matrix and take the current promo and base price. One upside, gives time to save more. Downside, we may not get into the house until school year has started and there will be some long commuting to consider.

No problems,
We are in the same boat re titles for land, was looking on the estate website and the schedule is stating Q3 of 2017, which I find surprising as currently they are ploughing ahead in the adjacent stages to ours! Not to worry i've done this buy land, wait for title, then wait to start build, build gets delayed, hopes get squashed constantly through out the process! Thankfully we have till September 2017 on the 12month price matrix price hold.

On your house the savings on the floor promo would be quite significant of saving considering the mansion of a house you are building

Thanks Quiggs, I've sent van email to SC to seek her advice on our options, as our Admin is on leave with a month to go.

We moved to the new promotion because the 4K increase in price was a fair justification for the flooring as this would cost more than 4K to do and if needed we will just upgrade the flooring to something we are happy with and pay the difference.

stayxtrue
We moved to the new promotion because the 4K increase in price was a fair justification for the flooring as this would cost more than 4K to do and if needed we will just upgrade the flooring to something we are happy with and pay the difference.

Hi stayxtrue, did you forego the smeg appliances or pay extra for those? We've been advised by SC to stay with what we have as our fixed price should take us to July, and we would only get $10k credit for flooring.

Hi All,

Just an update regarding process with Henley. Paid $650 second deposit yesterday now SC said your file will go to Head office where an Administrator will assign to you and then color and electrical appointments. My land is due to title in Jan end, went to visit the progress of my land looks good road is completed. Question i have is, I have extending 1m length of home which they quoted me $3500 (500m to bed 4 and 250m each bed 2 and master) Monaco Lux q2(front flip). i was reading to blog here and someone charged around $1800 couple of months ago.. any suggestions.?
Does anyone know if you can have a mixture of warm/cool LEDS with the Luxury electrical pack?

cant decide
Does anyone know if you can have a mixture of warm/cool LEDS with the Luxury electrical pack?

Henley wouldn't allow us to mix them due to health & safety on eyes

spice girl
cant decide

you can mix them up in sense of having cool in your bathrooms and warm in your living areas.
MichaelQ
spice girl
cant decide

you can mix them up in sense of having cool in your bathrooms and warm in your living areas.

Thank you

Hi All,
Question to all people who are building in Cranbourne North or Berwick Waters...
Does Henley charge Bush fire levy in that area... I was told by my SC that previously this area was in Bush fire area but now not... and i read somewhere if your area was in bush fire region still you need to pay somewhat amount... in my sales quote it is just mention that "note" and i asked him, he said not to worry about.. Not sure if figures gets added in tender appointment... Please share your reviews...
zee1308
Hi All,
Question to all people who are building in Cranbourne North or Berwick Waters...
Does Henley charge Bush fire levy in that area... I was told by my SC that previously this area was in Bush fire area but now not... and i read somewhere if your area was in bush fire region still you need to pay somewhat amount... in my sales quote it is just mention that "note" and i asked him, he said not to worry about.. Not sure if figures gets added in tender appointment... Please share your reviews...

check this web page for your area, from all reports it is updated every 6 month or so
http://services.land.vic.gov.au/maps/bushfire.jsp

I would guess that they include the levy in your provision and then final contract as required. On the surface it seems to have it removed as a saving but if you look at it from the perspective of whats included there are items that you will benefit from- Aluminium flyscreens, sarking improves thermal insulation, whirley birds help with heat loss, brush strips on garage doors will reduce crap blowing into your garage.

Were we are eventually building I envisage it won't be removed and I hope that it isn't because of the above listed benefits
Hello,

What are your thoughts about having two 3-5kw split type aircon units vs one 7-8kw unit for the open living area of the Sahara lux q2? Thanks!

voltairevi
Hello,

What are your thoughts about having two 3-5kw split type aircon units vs one 7-8kw unit for the open living area of the Sahara lux q2? Thanks!

I would just have 1 7kw one, we currently have one in our open plan single story and it cools down very well! The only reason why you may want more is to have a smaller one in the theatre maybe? But one small one would struggle to run in the large open plan living area. I have been in homes where they have a smaller one and it just doesnt cool down effectively
zee1308
Hi All,

It honestly depends on how much of your property is in the fire zone.. You will also find that by the time they have finished the roads and your release you will no longer be in a fire zone, but as Quiggs states the things you get included are actually a benefit!
Thanks stayxtrue!

Colour Selection

This is my first home and won't be my forever home so I have tried to restrain myself when it came to selections and upgrades. I tried to keep future buyers in mind and tried not to choose anything that was too polarising.

Externals

Bricks - Austral Truffle
Roof/Gutter/Fascia - Dune
Garage - Coaba
Render - Grey Pebble
Front door/Cedar Cladding - Rich Chocolate

Internals

Flooring
Carpet - Cat 1A Laguna Keys Moosewood
Laminate - Cat 2 Venice

Kitchen
Benchtops - Cat 1 Wild Rice
Laminate - New Antique White
Splashback - Cat 2 75 * 300 Touch Ivory Gloss, laid brick bond including behind rangehood. (Bottom one in pic)
They are very similar to Spanish textured Subway tiles.

Ensuite/Bathroom
Floor tiles - Porcelain Sandstone Lappato rectified 300 * 600 Cat 4
Wall Tiles - Gloss Alablaster Rectified Cat 2
Bath Hob/ Under Ensuite mirror - Touch Ivory Gloss 75 * 150 brick bond (small textured subway)
Cabinets - Rural Oak Riven Finish
Benchtops - Osprey

Powder Room
Floor tiles as above
Under mirror same as bathroom feature tile
Benches - Nikpol Grey Beige Gladstone Oak

Paint
Walls - White Duck Half
Skirts/Doors - Whisper White

When I get a chance I will do an upgrade post with prices.

Just want to thank everyone on H1 couldn't have done it without you all.

Nice choices there! Where abouts are you building?

Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to Join in the conversation as we have decided to go ahead and build with Henley Homes.
We are building Marina Q1 in heartlands estate in Tarneit Victoria.
Just paid the first deposit and reading through the thread now to get an understanding of the Henley processes.
Hello Guys,
What you think to have floor tiles in Bathroom or Ensuite to be Glossy or Matt finish..?
I chose Cat 5 Lappato porcelain rectified, which is sort of in between, I think glossy could get slippery when wet.

Gloss looks great but I don't think it's very practical in wet areas

It's the grey tile on the bottom of pic

cant decide
I chose Cat 5 Lappato porcelain rectified, which is sort of in between, I think glossy could get slippery when wet.

Gloss looks great but I don't think it's very practical in wet areas

It's the grey tile on the bottom of pic

Did they charge more for the rectified tile? Apart for the increase of choosing a Cat 5 tile.
Related
16/04/2024
Henley Homes

Building A New House

Hi, If you give a set of criteria as to what means 'good' to you, it'll give others prompts to respond. We considered Henley early on but there were two factors that…

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum