Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Stockland Elara at Marsden Park

Page 121 of 142
Goodevening all,
My land settlement is happening next week Monday.
Was wondering if someone can pls tell me when will I start paying mortgage off and start getting council rates etc.
Is their anything I need to do for water electricity etc at this stage?
Thanks in advance.
bp_home
Blacktown council maps will show the street names and numbers - http://maps.blacktown.nsw.gov.au/

Search for "ELARA BOULEVARD, MARSDEN PARK" and just browse through the map, you can find the lot numbers and DP.

Stage 17 - "Parkway Drive"

Hi,
Thanks for the link, it is very useful.
But it seems that Stage 17 no one has got the street number for Parkway Drive.
90,000 new homes to be built North West Priority Growth Area to cope with huge rise in population

Rawson Homes Parkside Home and Land Packages

Wisdom Homes Parkside Home and Land Packages

Observation: Wisdom Homes has far better inclusions but comes at a price.

cheeku
Goodevening all,
My land settlement is happening next week Monday.
Was wondering if someone can pls tell me when will I start paying mortgage off and start getting council rates etc.
Is their anything I need to do for water electricity etc at this stage?
Thanks in advance.

Your solicitor and bank should be able to answer those questions.

If you have bought land only nothing needs to be done for water or electricity until construction begins.

Kind Regards,

Bruce
"Building an Eden Brae Waldorf 50 in North Kellyville"
Blog: http://waldorf50.blogspot.com.au

A Mobile Solicitor at Wong & Horta Lawyers
kaycee
Observation: Wisdom Homes has far better inclusions but comes at a price.

Indeed. The price is that you can't complain about the builder in an open forum like this or on social media without their expressed permission, or you will be breaching the terms of your building contract.

http://www.smh.com.au/business/consumer ... v9lvv.html

Kind Regards,

Bruce
"Building an Eden Brae Waldorf 50 in North Kellyville"
Blog: http://waldorf50.blogspot.com.au

A Mobile Solicitor at Wong & Horta Lawyers
Hi all, can you let me know what could be the possible reasons why the plans need to be submitted to council rather than cdc? I was a bit frustrated that after waiting for a long time for land registration and making sure that all our colour appointment are done so that when registration comes the builder would be able to start the building process the soonest possible time. We knew eversince that our plans will be through CDC, however along the way there were some modifications that we have requested which is changing from single garage to double garage in a zero boundary lot. My greatest frustration is that along the way when we were requesting the changes, we were happy that the builder accommodated it. But we were not even made aware that there could be an implication that our plans will go to council rather than cdc because of changes made, didn't even know what change has caused it. Now we are in a dilemma that the start of our construction might take a lot longer than we expected. Council approval takes 6-8 wks as compared to CDC approval of 2 wks.

ladytwinklestar
Hi all, can you let me know what could be the possible reasons why the plans need to be submitted to council rather than cdc? I was a bit frustrated that after waiting for a long time for land registration and making sure that all our colour appointment are done so that when registration comes the builder would be able to start the building process the soonest possible time. We knew eversince that our plans will be through CDC, however along the way there were some modifications that we have requested which is changing from single garage to double garage in a zero boundary lot. My greatest frustration is that along the way when we were requesting the changes, we were happy that the builder accommodated it. But we were not even made aware that there could be an implication that our plans will go to council rather than cdc because of changes made, didn't even know what change has caused it. Now we are in a dilemma that the start of our construction might take a lot longer than we expected. Council approval takes 6-8 wks as compared to CDC approval of 2 wks.

The additional garage and additional house size could have done it. If your house takes up over a certain percentage of your land size then you must go through council. There are other things too but that is usually the most common.

Council approvals are not always 6-8 weeks, I have seen it happening in 2-4 weeks as well so be hopeful

jack_elara
Council approvals are not always 6-8 weeks, I have seen it happening in 2-4 weeks as well so be hopeful

Thanks for the encouragement jack_elara, that's what we can hope and pray for at the moment.

Following suburb name change, the journalist wants to meet few of us personally at the site to take some photos and have a group chat on Monday or Tuesday as a preference if possible. If not, she wants at least few of us to call/email her so she can have more point of views than just one person. Details below.
Meg Francis
Journalist
Fairfax Community Newspapers
Hills News. Blacktown Sun. Parramatta Sun. Rouse Hill Courier. St.Mary's Star
t 02 8867 2913 m 0419 683 013
meg.francis@fairfaxmedia.com.au
Level 2, 24-32 Lexington Drive, Bella Vista, NSW 2153

If u believe this change is not in ur favour, pls help the cause.

There three newspaper covering this story.

Cheers!

So it looks like my bank will be delaying settlement on Monday, two weeks is a tight timeframe
. who knows how much in interest we have to pay?
[quote="BuildingMightBeFun"]So it looks like my bank will be delaying settlement on Monday, two weeks is a tight timeframe
. who knows how much in interest we have to pay?
/quote]

My lawyer said up to 10%. We were in a same boat but finally going ahead on Monday.

Same boat. Waiting for the bank to verify the loan documents. Supposed to have settled on Tuesday but it looks like it might take a few more days. Looking at 1 week delay, minimum and approximately $1,000 a week in penalties.

You work hard to earn this money and then to have it taken away in penalties is so annoying. For no fault of your own. Some random people at the bank are't working as hard they should be and we get penalized.

We applied for the loan on the 13th March. Conditionally approved on the 27th March and submitted for formal approval during the 1st week of April. 7 weeks later, we still haven't settled!
BuildThatThing
Same boat. Waiting for the bank to verify the loan documents. Supposed to have settled on Tuesday but it looks like it might take a few more days. Looking at 1 week delay, minimum and approximately $1,000 a week in penalties.

You work hard to earn this money and then to have it taken away in penalties is so annoying. For no fault of your own. Some random people at the bank are't working as hard they should be and we get penalized.

We applied for the loan on the 13th March. Conditionally approved on the 27th March and submitted for formal approval during the 1st week of April. 7 weeks later, we still haven't settled!

Oh no
I hope you're able to settle this coming week! Which bank are you with?
It's super frustrating that now it's just in the hands of the bank.. playing the waiting game
it's a bit of money for delayed settlement :/ is it added onto the loan amount or do you have to pay it separately? I'm trying to prepare for worst case
BuildingMightBeFun
BuildThatThing

Oh no
I hope you're able to settle this coming week! Which bank are you with?
It's super frustrating that now it's just in the hands of the bank.. playing the waiting game
it's a bit of money for delayed settlement :/ is it added onto the loan amount or do you have to pay it separately? I'm trying to prepare for worst case

Have to pay separately, I'd think. It is with Heritage Bank (QLD based bank). Going through a mortgage broker (Loan Market).
It is a sad development that a few builders will discourage their customers to express their experience and views publicly. However most builders value feedback to improve their service. Nevertheless readers of this forum are intelligent enough to distinguish between a compliment and a critic.

Source: Plans for your area - Infrastructure

Source: Key actions and documents

Hi, asking for a friend. Do you know a new house that is on sale at the moment around Marsden Park area that is ready to move in in the next 2 or 3 months? Looking for single storey. Thanks.

How many here are planning and building your house with Simonds Homes? How is your experience so far?

Guys, need your help, My land registered on May 4 and settlement done on may 18, how long that council takes to release Section 149 Certificate? Any idea
Related
You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum