Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Henley Homes

Page 121 of 128
stayxtrue
Zee I am dealing with Sean at the moment and I can guarantee you that he is one of the best ones in this area of work!

Spice girl, I didnt know you had Seans wife haha! She does work down at woodlea! its definitely a small world!

Wow! So cool

stayxtrue
dpcra 2
Hello fellow Henley builders!

Myself and my partner are building our first home and have bought a lot in stage 5 College Green in Berwick waters. Our land isn't titling till June/July next year. We have been shopping around for a builder and have gotten quotes from a few different builders like PD, Metricon, SJD, Burbank, Carlisle, Simonds and now Henley. Henley has stood out with their standard inclusions offering soo much more than the rest and they have quoted us 12k site costs while Matricon for an example quoted us 30k. That's a big difference so I was wondering if ANYONE has some POSITIVE AND NEGATIVE experience with Henley that they wouldn't mind sharing with me.

We really like the Vienna Q2 and Cascade Q1.

We built the Monaco Q3 in heritage hill of berwick waters and cannot fault them!! We love our house! We love it so much that we are selling and building again!!

Hi stayxtrue,

I have just paid the initial deposit for Monaco Q3 and am very confused about the facade. My council requirement is to have a part render facade and this leaves me with very basic facades under 2k. The ones with raised roof start from 5k which is a bit too high. I dont understand when all the other builders have their best facade under 5k, why Henley charges so much for them. Another problem is that they dont have pictures of most of the facades online and we are to go and visit already build houses to get an idea. Can you tell me which facade did you go for and how did you arrive at that decision? Thanks
v1v3k
stayxtrue
dpcra 2

Myself and my partner are building our first home and have bought a lot in stage 5 College Green in Berwick waters. Our land isn't titling till June/July next year. We have been shopping around for a builder and have gotten quotes from a few different builders like PD, Metricon, SJD, Burbank, Carlisle, Simonds and now Henley. Henley has stood out with their standard inclusions offering soo much more than the rest and they have quoted us 12k site costs while Matricon for an example quoted us 30k. That's a big difference so I was wondering if ANYONE has some POSITIVE AND NEGATIVE experience with Henley that they wouldn't mind sharing with me.

We built the Monaco Q3 in heritage hill of berwick waters and cannot fault them!! We love our house! We love it so much that we are selling and building again!!

Hi stayxtrue,

I have just paid the initial deposit for Monaco Q3 and am very confused about the facade. My council requirement is to have a part render facade and this leaves me with very basic facades under 2k. The ones with raised roof start from 5k which is a bit too high. I dont understand when all the other builders have their best facade under 5k, why Henley charges so much for them. Another problem is that they dont have pictures of most of the facades online and we are to go and visit already build houses to get an idea. Can you tell me which facade did you go for and how did you arrive at that decision? Thanks

Hi, great to hear you have chosen Henley too. We went with Broadway facade part render $1800. Our house is 436sqm double storey due to structural extensions. We chose the cheapest facade as we wanted to spend upgrades inside the home and the facade looked good enough as we were happy enough to get a large home. I'm not a fan to have a balcony due to the children we have, one has autism and I would be worried of falls. You could upgrade on bricks if you don't want to spend it on facade. We didn't upgrade bricks. We did put in a double entry front door approx $1.5k and have a feature render colour on pillar and main render colour on house, no extra charge. I think the choice of upgrades depends on what is most important for you, ie. Is it outside or inside? Enjoy the experience and good luck with your build.

v1v3k
stayxtrue
dpcra 2

Hi stayxtrue,

I completely agree with you about the facade costs, but the other thing to keep in mind is that henley tends to have much lower site costs and your inclusions are far greater than something like metricon or carlisle homes! Although it is slightly more expensive I still believe that you are saving on other areas, i would get some quotes from other builders and compare their inclusions.

Henley is one of the onlybuilders that will include things such as stone bench tips in the bathroms,most of the other builders are an upgrade, It honestly depends on what you are after, But i still believe henley is still one of the better valued homes
cant decide
I have just changed from another builder(no bad experience just wasn't quite happy with the floor plan and had to change facade due to the 60% rule and the other facades were pretty ordinary) and Henley have been amazingly helpful and responsive.

I went and saw Jason at Craigeburn on Wednesday and he has already managed to send through a detailed quote with very reasonable site costs. $7,000 fixed costs, $885 provision for repegging(probably won't need as pegs are easy to find) and a $3,750 provision for six star, at least $9,000 cheaper than the other major builders. He said he will push forward colours and tender because my land is due to title by the end of the year. So far so good but I'm sure things will slow down when I reach the admin stage...

We are working with Travis @ Craigieburn, but you are on a winner with Jason. They are a great team at the Craigieburn office
spice girl
v1v3k

Hi stayxtrue,

Hi, great to hear you have chosen Henley too. We went with Broadway facade part render $1800. Our house is 436sqm double storey due to structural extensions. We chose the cheapest facade as we wanted to spend upgrades inside the home and the facade looked good enough as we were happy enough to get a large home. I'm not a fan to have a balcony due to the children we have, one has autism and I would be worried of falls. You could upgrade on bricks if you don't want to spend it on facade. We didn't upgrade bricks. We did put in a double entry front door approx $1.5k and have a feature render colour on pillar and main render colour on house, no extra charge. I think the choice of upgrades depends on what is most important for you, ie. Is it outside or inside? Enjoy the experience and good luck with your build.

Thanks spice girl. You are right. Going for a standard facade does give more options for the other upgrades. I wonder at what stage we are given the options to upgrade. I will call my SC and confirm.

Thank you.
v1v3k
spice girl
v1v3k

Hi stayxtrue,

Thanks spice girl. You are right. Going for a standard facade does give more options for the other upgrades. I wonder at what stage we are given the options to upgrade. I will call my SC and confirm.

Thank you.

You can upgrade at sales, at colours and at tender at no extra cost. After contract is signed, there will be a $500 variation fee attached to a change made. I have yet to experience this part but I made changes all the way through.

Has anyone done a variation after contract signing and finance full approval? If so, did you fund it from your own cash with last stage payment? Was it a structural change, if so, how much are the redraw costs?

Just wondering if anyone can tell me the cost of upgrading your standard 920 * 2040 front door to 1020 * 2040 or 1020 * 2340? Hinged not pivot, thanks.

Depending on which door what handle combo. But budget for $4k plus
cant decide
Just wondering if anyone can tell me the cost of upgrading your standard 920 * 2040 front door to 1020 * 2040 or 1020 * 2340? Hinged not pivot, thanks.

Its roughly $350 to raise height and $350 to extend width. Its the pivot that is costly approx $1k+. The long pull handle is $500. Then an extra $$$ for type of door depending what you choose, some can be $250, others $1k. We went with 2 x 720 x 2040, ended up cheaper than having a large pivot door.

spice girl
cant decide

Its roughly $350 to raise height and $350 to extend width. Its the pivot that is costly approx $1k+. The long pull handle is $500. Then an extra $$$ for type of door depending what you choose, some can be $250, others $1k. We went with 2 x 720 x 2040, ended up cheaper than having a large pivot door.

Thanks

I wish I could fit the 720 double doors!!

I am building the Cascade Q1 and the standard is 920 * 2040 with a sidelight and was thinking of upgrading to 1020 * 2340 on hinges and deleting the sidelight(not a fan). Can I have a door this size on hinges? It won't be used that often, will enter through the garage mostly. It won't be my forever home so I'm trying hard to not go too overboard on upgrades

I already bought the Hafele pull handle I wanted from Masters at 60% off.

Can't figure out how to quote multiple posts at the same time. Thanks Quiggs

cant decide

Our standard was 920 with sidelight. At colours we asked if we could fit double doors and they said 2x720 was the maximum with no sidelight. We could have raised the height but chose to leave it. Instead of raising the height you can get a fixed glass window for about $360, we chose not to in the end, due to other costs.

cant decide

Well done getting big discount from Masters.

Does anyone know if we choose the current flooring promo, can we upgrade the flooring to what we want and pay the difference?

Yes you can Spice Girl
quiggs
Yes you can Spice Girl

Thanks Quiggs, great to hear. Just been advised land is delayed again til May, so will start to get stung by the pricing matrix soon if it delays much further. One option is to forego the matrix and take the current promo and base price. One upside, gives time to save more. Downside, we may not get into the house until school year has started and there will be some long commuting to consider.

spice girl
Does anyone know if we choose the current flooring promo, can we upgrade the flooring to what we want and pay the difference?

I was wondering the same! Good to know

spice girl
quiggs
Yes you can Spice Girl

Thanks Quiggs, great to hear. Just been advised land is delayed again til May, so will start to get stung by the pricing matrix soon if it delays much further. One option is to forego the matrix and take the current promo and base price. One upside, gives time to save more. Downside, we may not get into the house until school year has started and there will be some long commuting to consider.

No problems,
We are in the same boat re titles for land, was looking on the estate website and the schedule is stating Q3 of 2017, which I find surprising as currently they are ploughing ahead in the adjacent stages to ours! Not to worry i've done this buy land, wait for title, then wait to start build, build gets delayed, hopes get squashed constantly through out the process! Thankfully we have till September 2017 on the 12month price matrix price hold.

On your house the savings on the floor promo would be quite significant of saving considering the mansion of a house you are building
Related
16/04/2024
Henley Homes

Building A New House

Hi, If you give a set of criteria as to what means 'good' to you, it'll give others prompts to respond. We considered Henley early on but there were two factors that…

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum