Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

LYNDARUM/AURORA/SUMMERHILL ESTATES: Epping, Victoria

Page 121 of 224
Acherion, I don't think anyone is trying for a speed race... But I must admit it, the speeds have been such a joy since transitioning over from arise!

I notices someone else on iprimus who was only getting half the speed they should be... Just remember the network is the same, just a different RSP so you should be receiving speeds similar to the rest of us... Maybe your speed hasn't been correctly set up as mentioned by Acherion? We are getting similar speeds to oztish and Acherion and we are with iprimus, on the 50/20 plan.....????
DamoAu
Acherion, I don't think anyone is trying for a speed race... But I must admit it, the speeds have been such a joy since transitioning over from arise!

I notices someone else on iprimus who was only getting half the speed they should be... Just remember the network is the same, just a different RSP so you should be receiving speeds similar to the rest of us... Maybe your speed hasn't been correctly set up as mentioned by Acherion? We are getting similar speeds to oztish and Acherion and we are with iprimus, on the 50/20 plan.....????

That was me.
Funny thing is after reading Acherion's comment, I decided to test again and between the last test I did during the week and last night something has changed at either iPrimus or my setup has been fixed by the FTTH team.
I'm suddenly getting the speeds I signed up for.
Below is the latest.

So now I'm a happy camper!!
oztish
My speed tonight

Just wanted to remind people to help support the local Aurora cafe...the last few times I've been up there it's been really quiet and I like to support local small businesses. Such a nice spot for a coffee under the peppercorn trees.

Yes!!!! Everyone these guys are great
myhomie
oztish
My speed tonight

Just wanted to remind people to help support the local Aurora cafe...the last few times I've been up there it's been really quiet and I like to support local small businesses. Such a nice spot for a coffee under the peppercorn trees.

Yes!!!! Everyone these guys are great

Ditto.

Nice spot for a coffee when you can. Also very convenient for groceries.
Quote:
In no way did I mean my post to be some sort of race of speed or other type of comparison between iiNet and iPrimus; just wanted to share some information in case someone in the Aurora estate wanted their speed profile on their connection changed.

Yeah, I know. I was responding to angelviper who was querying iprimus' speeds.

It's all good - we're a team, all in this together to help each other. I knew what your post meant - maybe I should've clarified mine - was just in a hurry when I put that up...
NBN for Lyndarum: According to the page below work has commenced in certain stages. Is it accurate? I don't know...

http://www.nbnco.com.au/rollout/rollout ... n:roll-map

Work commenced

Stage 17B, 19B
Stage 28
Stage 32A
Stage 7C
Stage 32B
Hey all, just curious.... What is your opinion of the takeaway shops next to woolworths?

So far I've found the Indian guys to be the best... Takes some time but they cook fresh (except Bain maree dishes which you can ask for fresh cooked of same anyways), they even make dishes depending what you feel like...

Fish and chips are good, but same as the rest!

Pizza TBA

Dominos is ok for that type....

Noodle box... TBA

Chicken... Hmmmm Ok?
DamoAu
Hey all, just curious.... What is your opinion of the takeaway shops next to woolworths?
So far I've found the Indian guys to be the best... Takes some time but they cook fresh (except Bain maree dishes which you can ask for fresh cooked of same anyways), they even make dishes depending what you feel like...
Fish and chips are good, but same as the rest!

Pizza TBA

Dominos is ok for that type....

Noodle box... TBA

Chicken... Hmmmm Ok?

Hmm, I have only tried the Indian once and would never go back. Bland, not fresh.

Pizza is good, they have some interesting options and all the usuals.
Fish and Chips is very good. Fresh fish without too much batter.
Noodles are good. Quick fresh but a little expensive.
Chicken was ok but nothing special.
Dominos, haven't tried but probably won't bother.
Quote:

The Indian place don't make lamb korma (my fave Indian dish) nor butter chicken or any of the other usual mainstream type of dishes you find elsewhere. I tried one of their dishes and I think if you like that kind of thing it was great, but it wasn't my cup of tea (but that's my issue, nothing wrong with the meal itself)

The chicken place I've only tried once and the chicken was dry and awful. Didn't like the chips either. Even my kids threw them away so that's saying something

Fish and Chips are great but I think they use too much salt sometimes but we just ask for no salt now - problem solved

Haven't tried the pizza places - we get delivery from Sampe's in McDonald's Road - they're really really good.
PS. Whilst we're talking about the take away food shops - I just have to have a whinge (what's new?) LOL about the placement of these shops. There's very few car parks outside them, you're not allowed to turn right out of the parking strip so you either do an illegal right hand turn to come back to the traffic lights or have to drive all the way up Epping Road to Harvest Home and all the way back to come back around (if there's no parks) - ridiculous! Also, I think the shop placement is having an effect on trade.

I think the coffee shop should be on the street front...it's kind of really bleak and dull in there - would be nice to have some outside tables under some trees or something. I think Brumby's should be right next to the car park - sometimes you just want to nick in and get some fresh rolls and back out within a minute...and I think all the take away shops should be where all the dirt is now (between the Woolworths carpark and the street carpark).

It would be nice to have a newsagent/post office and a fresh greengrocer as I don't think the quality of the fruit/vegies is very good.

OK whinge over.
I must admit first time we tried the Indian shop we asked for advice, and the owner was very helpful. I noticed a lack of veggie dishes, so I asked, he made a dish to suit... He said he is trying to put a menu together that isn't plain same as everyone else.... I'd be interested to know if he would make your butter chicken etc if you asked....

I think they put hot bread shops deep in so you have to walk past other shops...
Also.... We haven't gone back to the chicken shop either.... It was edible... But nothing exciting....

We found the Indian a bit lacking at first, but the. Asked for more spice and it got allot better! I like the Japanese/chinese at the plaza to but I've noticed if you want something spicy you have to ask as it gets toned down to suit most people's tastes who don't eat much spicy food...

And oztish, I agree 100%, the parking is really bad up there.... Not sure about you but I'm sure allot of people have done that illegal u turn u mentioned!!!
Is there anyone on iiNet that is having trouble dialing out on their phones? I get a dial tone but when I press a number is does the disconnected tone.

EDIT: never mind, I just power cycled my router and all is well now.
Just a warning...there's been a police car parked in Lyndarum Drive just east of Great Brome Avenue a few times recently, nabbing people who do not come to a complete stop at Great Brome Avenue intersection (people driving northbound along Great Brome). They must be raking in a fortune - I never see anyone stop there!

Acherion - glad you sorted out your phone issue. Amazing how simple life is when we can get access to the cabinet. So stupid to lock people out. I see that those in Stages 1-7 who have not switched over yet can buy a second cabinet so that they can access their own stuff and be only locked out of the ISP stuff.
oztish
Acherion - glad you sorted out your phone issue. Amazing how simple life is when we can get access to the cabinet. So stupid to lock people out. I see that those in Stages 1-7 who have not switched over yet can buy a second cabinet so that they can access their own stuff and be only locked out of the ISP stuff.

iinet router isn't inside the cabinet is it? I thought that is what the phone works with inside the home
My router is in my study, I do not have access to my cabinet.
Hello everyone, just a question with regards to our recycle water charges. Do we pay the same charges for recycle water and normal water? I just happened to check my water bills and I am charged the same for recycle water and normal water. The charges I am talking about are the usage charges and line rental.
I think (not moved in yet) that recycled water is charged at the first tariff (the cheapest rate) and does not get more expensive the more you use.

Normal water has so many litres at the cheapest rate and then more expensive after that.

Wokwon is correct. 1st tarrif usage for all recycled water usage....

You also get the same sewage disposal charges for recycled water usage too....
Thanks a lot guys for the information.
Related
6/02/2024
Property Boundaries in New Estates

General Discussion

The setback from the kerb is 4m. It is council land to provide an area for services like sewer main, gas mains, water mains, underground power or poles for overhead power,…

20/07/2023
Building Site Access - Victoria - New Build

General Discussion

For reference, this is the Austlii reference. My take on this is, that they would be breaking the law denying access to a homeowner in Victoria, or their agent from having…

3/09/2023
Can you build on both side fence boundaries (Victoria)?

General Discussion

Hey everyone Not for me or anyone I know, just generally interested. For a single allotment house, are you allowed to take the fence on both sides of your house and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum