Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Bold Living Acreage build, Scenic Rim QLD - Slab Stage

Page 13 of 35
All weve seen is the civil plans, but because theres a lot of earth works going there, its dictated which blocks we will consider.

Sure have, her floors and house ar absolutely stunning!

Weve seen g&p show homes and are looking forward to the gj one opening next month
Tribe7
sparrowsnest
Exciting! It starts to feel real when you can actually buy things

It totally does hey, I’m starting to plan spaces and ideas for the house so it helps to lock in the fixed fixtures first. How’s your pendant hunt going?

I’m on my 6th and final night shift tonight so I haven’t made any decisions and I’ve barely seen my husband
. I’ve got the next four days off so I plan on making some decisions on the pendants and I want to have a look for some artworks. Do you wait to buy artwork until you are in or when you’re planning the rooms? I want to start planning and buying but my husband wants to wait to see the spaces when we are in.

Building our first custom dream home. https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_ ... are_type=t
Lot126
Tribe7
Lot126
Loving all of your pendants!

Thanks

How are you going with your light choices?

Still undecided on a statement for the foyer, because what if we want a skylight in future? Decisions, decisions! Definitely want a long linear over island bench.

What about strip lighting along your hallway? Go a square set cornice and recess the lighting. The whole ceiling space would then be free for a skylight without fighting a pendant for attention. Love the linear pendants they look fab.

alymei
All weve seen is the civil plans, but because theres a lot of earth works going there, its dictated which blocks we will consider.

Sure have, her floors and house ar absolutely stunning!

Weve seen g&p show homes and are looking forward to the gj one opening next month

Have you asked the sales person for the plan disclosures? Try to avoid a batter we have one and it’s a huge pain in my ar7e, we need to do all kinds of retaining and stuff.

Agree Livpals home is beautiful.

I only just found out flagstone has a decent sized display village and there are a few and plain lands too. It’s fun going to look at the displays (unless your my older kids they shudder when I mention display homes
)

sparrowsnest
Tribe7
sparrowsnest
Exciting! It starts to feel real when you can actually buy things

It totally does hey, I’m starting to plan spaces and ideas for the house so it helps to lock in the fixed fixtures first. How’s your pendant hunt going?

I’m on my 6th and final night shift tonight so I haven’t made any decisions and I’ve barely seen my husband
. I’ve got the next four days off so I plan on making some decisions on the pendants and I want to have a look for some artworks. Do you wait to buy artwork until you are in or when you’re planning the rooms? I want to start planning and buying but my husband wants to wait to see the spaces when we are in.

Building our first custom dream home. https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_ ... are_type=t

Hey SN,

How are the days off going? Must be nice to be human again and not on a weird body clock.

So what’s the pendant light choices so far? Uhm art work, prints etc are a personal thing. I tend to buy what I like when I see it and will shove it somewhere and hope it looks good. If you are buying some pricey pieces maybe make up some moods boards of the room using Pinterest. I just name mine and go to town on what looks ok together, gives me an idea on scales, colours and not blending palette or styles drastically. Matching little things like a detail on your pendant light to the frame color of the print, a texture in a throw rug to a texture in a canvas, I read an article about the subtle way to make interiors cohesive, while allowing art work and furniture items to be individual. Clearly I need to stop reading this stuff
hopefully it helps you. It has helped me (maybe
)

I received an email today from our water board that our super expensive water meter tap will be installed tomorrow. I will be going to check after school and I will be posting a pic, damn thing cost nearly $1k (I could of brought so much more with that $$$) right whinge over.

Our Lovely admin lady Mikaela has advised our construction drawings will be back by Friday at the latest, I did a mad last minute change to our plans and changed the laundry door from a glass sliding to a hinged door (faces due west) we also extended the laundry bench all the way down to the external wall. We also changed our ensuite window from a standard sliding window to a floor mounted awning style window. Here is a pic from the display

OMG my poor neighbours

I also brought a new throw rug which is heavenly

And two new beside tables for my little boys to go with there bunks and a pretty little stool for my Dressing table

Oooh your ensuite will be very luxurious!
Love your purchases!! And yes think of all the homewares you could buy with 1k!
Tribe7
sparrowsnest
Tribe7
[quote="sparrowsnest"]Exciting! It starts to feel real when you can actually buy things

Hey SN,

How are the days off going? Must be nice to be human again and not on a weird body clock.

So what’s the pendant light choices so far? Uhm art work, prints etc are a personal thing. I tend to buy what I like when I see it and will shove it somewhere and hope it looks good. If you are buying some pricey pieces maybe make up some moods boards of the room using Pinterest. I just name mine and go to town on what looks ok together, gives me an idea on scales, colours and not blending palette or styles drastically. Matching little things like a detail on your pendant light to the frame color of the print, a texture in a throw rug to a texture in a canvas, I read an article about the subtle way to make interiors cohesive, while allowing art work and furniture items to be individual. Clearly I need to stop reading this stuff
)

[/quote]
Days off have been amazing and are coming to an end too soon.
I think I need to start reading those articles! Our current house is a mishmash of whatever I could get on sale when I needed it and ikea pieces. I really want to style my spaces in the new house and have a cohesive style. It’s all new to me though. I also have to think about how pieces will stand up to three kids. Things can look amazing on Pinterest but I wonder how good they will look after my three get to them 🤣. I imagine you have the same

I love your window change!
tribe7 we did the same thing for our bathroom but we don't have the luxury of space between our neighbours houses haha. Will look amazingggg! meanwhile 1K on a new build seems like a drop in the ocean lol
allblaqk

Tell me about it, I went to see my $1k tap this morning and look what I got

No damn tap but I gained a cane toad. I’m so thrilled 🤨

Tribe7
allblaqk

Oh dear! so many of them around here at the moment due to the rain, shame about the tap
Tribe7
Now our mortgage is all approved and signed I decided to purchase the pendants Ive been loving for months. Mr T agreed it’s a great time to buy with the sales, secretly I think he was scared I was going to ask for his opinion again 🤭.

For the coffered ceiling in the entry we picked the heracleum

Over the dining table we went with the bursting branch pendant

The kitchen island pendants will be the flos aim pendants

We also booked our pool install for the first week of July pending the weather

Tribe, these look amazing! Love them all! My problem has been that I keep seeing different sorts of lights that I like even though we've purchased ours in readiness too! Husband just steers me away from any lighting displays when we're out and about.
Can't wait to see it all installed for you!
Tribe7

-_-

Literally my face right now lol
sparrowsnest
Tribe7
sparrowsnest
[quote="Tribe7"][quote="sparrowsnest"]Exciting! It starts to feel real when you can actually buy things

Hey SN,

)

[/quote]
Days off have been amazing and are coming to an end too soon.
I think I need to start reading those articles! Our current house is a mishmash of whatever I could get on sale when I needed it and ikea pieces. I really want to style my spaces in the new house and have a cohesive style. It’s all new to me though. I also have to think about how pieces will stand up to three kids. Things can look amazing on Pinterest but I wonder how good they will look after my three get to them 🤣. I imagine you have the same

I love your window change![/quote]

Thanks I’m excited about the window too.

Days off would be good, it’s such a shame the fun things fly by.

I seriously find those articles really helpful, I tend to read the American ones more than Aussie ones, they seem to blend a lot more styles than here. I’ll find the links to some that I read and post them on your thread

Very much agree about looks versus durability. I’ve blended mine a bit, our couches where $2k each and they jump on them
not stupid amounts but they defiantly jump up on them. So I don’t know if spending a fortune for couches is a grand idea, they have held up really well though. Only wish was the covers could be removed and washed. We have a Tasmanian Blackwood kitchen hutch which is lovely and will go in our dining area, that was pricey, but I will not spend a lot on dining chairs and table, side tables or coffee tables as they can define a style very easily. I’ve found I can change those items easily without Mr T raising his eyebrows 🤨 do buy a good quality tv cabinet, our good one was from funky retro in Melbourne and is solid and stylish. I did buy a cheap one recently and it’s so crap and has bowed. I will buy another good quality cabinet. I picked up those cool besides for my little boys for $80 each from TK Maxx. I also won’t spend lots on prints and wall hangings because I get sick of them quickly.

Here is an idea for the pretty copper lights you got from ikea, for something different you could stagger stack them at one end,

Look up ikea and Kmart hacks too

gr8ly
@tribe7 we did the same thing for our bathroom but we don't have the luxury of space between our neighbours houses haha. Will look amazingggg! meanwhile 1K on a new build seems like a drop in the ocean lol

Hahahhaha our poor neighbours will have burnt retinas
. Crazy isn’t it, $1k is bugger all yet when it comes to homewares it can go along way if spent wisely. I would like new cushions and some leather ones, but I know my darling children throw them on the floor, lay on them, do headstands on them and wipe there fingers on them 🤢 I’m trying to talk myself out of buying cushions (can you tell?)

Joggles
Tribe7
Now our mortgage is all approved and signed I decided to purchase the pendants Ive been loving for months. Mr T agreed it’s a great time to buy with the sales, secretly I think he was scared I was going to ask for his opinion again 🤭.

For the coffered ceiling in the entry we picked the heracleum

Over the dining table we went with the bursting branch pendant

The kitchen island pendants will be the flos aim pendants

We also booked our pool install for the first week of July pending the weather

Tribe, these look amazing! Love them all! My problem has been that I keep seeing different sorts of lights that I like even though we've purchased ours in readiness too! Husband just steers me away from any lighting displays when we're out and about.
Can't wait to see it all installed for you!

Oh no Joggles, stay strong and steer clear of the lighting displays. I refuse to look once Ive brought them to avoid the doubt
. What have you picked for your pendants? I hope your home is progressing along nicely too

Good news..... we got our construction drawings back tonight

I did a few changes this week and my wonderful admin lady took it in her stride and made it all happen.

I changed my laundry door from sliding to hinged and extended the bench all the way through.

I removed the study nook from the dining area as it was cluttered and would
me. I moved it to the hall and flipped the linen cupboard to a broom cupboard.

The ensuite window too.

There are a few little errors which will be fixed on Monday

Here are our amended plans

excuse the fact the media says vinyl, clearly someone had a brain fart it’s carpeted.

the external elevation showing our new ensuite window and the 2m picture window for the study nook

new laundry elevations. I’m going to ask the tiler to do a cashie for me and tile to the ceiling in the laundry and we will then hang floating shelves.

last but not least the new study nook. I’m really excited it’s about this space, it’s 3m long and useable.

So pleased to be really moving along now.

That looks great, I rarely like single story plans but I really like this one! And I think the study nook change is a good move
Tribe7
Good news..... we got our construction drawings back tonight

I did a few changes this week and my wonderful admin lady took it in her stride and made it all happen.

I changed my laundry door from sliding to hinged and extended the bench all the way through.

I removed the study nook from the dining area as it was cluttered and would
me. I moved it to the hall and flipped the linen cupboard to a broom cupboard.

The ensuite window too.

There are a few little errors which will be fixed on Monday

Here are our amended plans

excuse the fact the media says vinyl, clearly someone had a brain fart it’s carpeted.

the external elevation showing our new ensuite window and the 2m picture window for the study nook

new laundry elevations. I’m going to ask the tiler to do a cashie for me and tile to the ceiling in the laundry and we will then hang floating shelves.

last but not least the new study nook. I’m really excited it’s about this space, it’s 3m long and useable.

So pleased to be really moving along now.

Tribe, I know it's taken a little while for you to get to this point but woman, it is looking more than fabulous! A terrific design - really love the separation of bedrooms in blocks of two with their own bathroom areas. And I'm really loving your study nook - clever, clever, clever use of space! I'm also in total envy mode for your WIR design in your master.

It is really starting to come along now for you - so happy for you! Meanwhile, over on my thread, I've thrown up some pics of some of our light choices. Progress at our end has slowed unfortunately [see my rant on my thread] but I know that it will all get there eventually! Hope there's a lovely weekend ahead for you.
Related
31/10/2023
Acreage, double storey

Building A New House

We're in NSW, but designs from anywhere ok for inspo!

5/09/2023
QLD Owner Builder Legislation.

General Discussion

Hi all. Anyone know when the $11,000 limit was set in legislation for renovations in QLD? Ive been renovating for 5 years now and this was the limit back then. As we know,…

15/02/2024
QLD - Builder finished without notifying Building Certifier

General Discussion

Hi, I contracted a Builder to do a Garage to Bedroom + ensuite conversion (Class 1a), the Builder engaged the Certifier and Engineer and received BDA from the Certifier…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum