Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Homes - Modified Grange 29

Page 13 of 17
Hope you slept better last night.

The rental we are in has stones down the side of the house where the laundry is and I can hear if the cat is walking down the side they make that much noise. Thinking that might be a good thing now.

I would leave my bins out the front anyway or just at the side of the house so they are visible from the street.
cigr
So sorry to hear about the break in. Try to not let it get to you, enjoy the beautiful home you’ve created.

Thank you. I'm trying my best to stay positive - it happened for a reason... maybe to get our A's into Gear and finish off putting our curtains up? lol
bestspecials
Hope you slept better last night.

The rental we are in has stones down the side of the house where the laundry is and I can hear if the cat is walking down the side they make that much noise. Thinking that might be a good thing now.

I would leave my bins out the front anyway or just at the side of the house so they are visible from the street.

I slept with one ear and one eye open. Hubby left the outdoor lights on all night lol.
Our electrician comes tomorrow to install sensor spotlights and floodlight bright enough to light up the estate LOL!

You probably thought the crunch stones were annoying - but look, they may have saved you from a break it (hmmmm maybe we'll get crunchy stones too!)
CC7
Gosh they tried to break in with cars out front??

hahah yep get that wood ready. I'm sure it was just a one time thing, they weren't able to get in and i bet you guys spooked them enough to not try it again *fingers crossed*

They caught a couple of suspects who had robbed a house around the corner, so i'm hoping they were the ones that tried to do our house over too. They can't pin them to our house however, as nothing was stolen and no fingerprints were left behind. BUT i'm assuming it was them
Have you found any issues with the house now that you are moved in? Just thought I would ask in case there are things I need to check for.
bestspecials
Have you found any issues with the house now that you are moved in? Just thought I would ask in case there are things I need to check for.

No issues so far! We've only found a few minor painting issues - and thats it! Overall we're really happy with the workmanship 😁
Dylandbrooke
bestspecials

No issues so far! We've only found a few minor painting issues - and thats it! Overall we're really happy with the workmanship 😁

That's terrific. I hope you haven't had any more night time issues.
How long before you start doing the back yard?
bestspecials
Dylandbrooke
bestspecials

No night time issues, but im not scared. We got our electrician in yesterday to put in floodlights and spotlights, and we're putting in a camera system next week when it arrives - just for peace of mind!
We're getting our pool dug on Tuesday next week, and hopefully our back patio done next weekend. Then we can start on our turf and other stuff.
We only really have 1 or 2 days a week to get things done as hubby has been working 6 days a week lately.
Our neighbours have asked that they get the fence put up as they have to do the whole other side of their house, so it'll work out cheaper for both of us - not sure when that'll be though.
We're retaining the front of our house as soon as hubby gets time - hopefully next weekend too. So much to do!!!! This is our front inspo pic!
bestspecials
Dylandbrooke
bestspecials

No night time issues, but im not scared. We got our electrician in yesterday to put in floodlights and spotlights, and we're putting in a camera system next week when it arrives - just for peace of mind!
We're getting our pool dug on Tuesday next week, and hopefully our back patio done next weekend. Then we can start on our turf and other stuff.
We only really have 1 or 2 days a week to get things done as hubby has been working 6 days a week lately.
Our neighbours have asked that they get the fence put up as they have to do the whole other side of their house, so it'll work out cheaper for both of us - not sure when that'll be though.
We're retaining the front of our house as soon as hubby gets time - hopefully next weekend too. So much to do!!!! This is our front inspo pic!
You have exciting plans. It feels like you have been looking our insp pics for front yard as we want to do similar too.

Just need to find someone who does the rendered garden beds and steps and stuff. I have so many pictures of different designs, it's not funny.
I don't think I would trust my hubby with that sort of stuff.
bestspecials
You have exciting plans. It feels like you have been looking our insp pics for front yard as we want to do similar too.

Just need to find someone who does the rendered garden beds and steps and stuff. I have so many pictures of different designs, it's not funny.

That is funny!!! That photo you just posted is the other photo we had 😂
It wouldnt work with our house design though!!!! We aren't allowed rendered brick retaining walls 😩 we have to have concrete sleepers in the same profile that is around Narangba Heights. Sad really. I think the rendered brick looks so much nicer!!!!
The concreter is doing our steps, and hubby is putting in the concrete sleepers as the retaining wall.
We paid a brickie/renderer for the planter boxes and mailbox. Hes still yet to finish.
Dylandbrooke
bestspecials

That is funny!!! That photo you just posted is the other photo we had 😂
It wouldnt work with our house design though!!!! We aren't allowed rendered brick retaining walls 😩 we have to have concrete sleepers in the same profile that is around Narangba Heights. Sad really. I think the rendered brick looks so much nicer!!!!
The concreter is doing our steps, and hubby is putting in the concrete sleepers as the retaining wall.
We paid a brickie/renderer for the planter boxes and mailbox. Hes still yet to finish.

Great minds think alike.
I walked past your place yesterday. Driveway looks great.
Did your hubby do those brick garden beds himself. They are fantastic.
bestspecials

Thanks! but nope, we paid someone 😉
We got in trouble from Oxmar - they sent us an email on Thursday telling us that the structures at the front of our property weren't approved under our original plans... so we're holding off completing until our plans are approved. Hopefully they wont ask us to remove them.
Cant wait to drive on our driveway!!! We still have a week to go.
Dylandbrooke
bestspecials

Thanks! but nope, we paid someone 😉
We got in trouble from Oxmar - they sent us an email on Thursday telling us that the structures at the front of our property weren't approved under our original plans... so we're holding off completing until our plans are approved. Hopefully they wont ask us to remove them.
Cant wait to drive on our driveway!!! We still have a week to go.

The brick garden beds look terrific. Are you getting the same guy to do the steps in between? Are you rendering them yourself?
I can't see them asking you to remove them as they look amazing and very up market. So much better than a timber border and a few plants.

Can I get the contact details of the person who did your gardens. We are looking for some quotes at the moment.

I especially like the red dressing gown curtain at the front of the house. LOL!!
The brick garden beds look terrific. Are you getting the same guy to do the steps in between? Are you rendering them yourself?
I can't see them asking you to remove them as they look amazing and very up market. So much better than a timber border and a few plants.

Can I get the contact details of the person who did your gardens. We are looking for some quotes at the moment.

I especially like the red dressing gown curtain at the front of the house. LOL!![/quote]

Our concreter is going to do our steps for us once the rendering is complete. The bricklayer is also rendering - we arent doing that ourselves.
Thats exactly what i thought! Would Oxmar prefer that we have nothing but grass at the front? We'll still hold off completing until they approve. We asked for a stacked stone retaining wall at the front also, but they didnt approve and said we had to have painted concrete sleepers like the ones found in the rest of the estate 😔

Ohhhhhh dont talk to me about my red blanket curtain 😣😣😣😣😣😣😣
Diyonline blinds have somehow stuffed up our order and our shutters which were due to be ready in April, now wont be ready until June! A 14 week wait instead of the 6-8 weeks they said it would take!! How embarrassing are our front window coverings 🙈
bestspecials the bricklayer/renderer is Jamie Bisset from First point masonry +61416041163
The painted concrete sleepers are so boring. Especially painted green.

The concrete sleepers are so boring and green. They are everywhere.
You should just tell them you are doing raised garden beds, not a retaining wall.

I still haven't decided what we are doing on the windows, but I know I need to get organised.
I like your front window coverings, they are unique. It takes time to get everything together. June isn't too far away, just another 2 weeks. At least it isn't hot, so you don't really need to open the windows at the front.

Are you loving your house??
bestspecials
The painted concrete sleepers are so boring. Especially painted green.

The concrete sleepers are so boring and green. They are everywhere.
You should just tell them you are doing raised garden beds, not a retaining wall.

I still haven't decided what we are doing on the windows, but I know I need to get organised.
I like your front window coverings, they are unique. It takes time to get everything together. June isn't too far away, just another 2 weeks. At least it isn't hot, so you don't really need to open the windows at the front.

Are you loving your house??

Tell me about it!!! The stacked stone looks so much nicer. Apparently a lady around the corner did a brick retaining wall and was told to remove it as our covernance states that only concrete sleepers are allowed 😐 zzzzz!

Our shutters are due to arrive on Wednesday on a container, and then they're meant to go through customs and be couriered up to Brisbane. I made a big complaint, and they refunded our install fee of around $500 - so i cant complain about that!

I do love my house!!! Its so nice. But still so much to do. Our pool gets dug tomorrow 🤗 so thats mega exciting!!!
thats so annoying about the shutters! at least they have refunded you the install fee. I think we will be living with some random sheeting up on the window for a bit too. We havent really worked out what we want for ours yet. Theres so much to do after handover and i've been getting so anxious about it all
Related
2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

27/05/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

Hi so sorry for the late reply. I already contacted them and they wouldn't tell me instead they tried to get me to talk to one of their home coordinators and I'm not…

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum