Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

ADH - custom KDR in Clearview. Countdown to handover!!

Page 13 of 21
Ah could be. We went up to ours yesterday, at some stage this week someone has been and sealed all the pipes around the slab and done termite treatment etc, there's yellow tape over the tops of the pipes to say it's been done.
could it be a part of the curing treatment for the hot weather?

what termite treatment did you choose

checked and we have the pipes covered and yellow stickers - not sure what type of treatment it is. Just know it is supposed to seep into the slab
Shouldbe fir termites
Did well at Bunnings this weekend - scored a towel heater for $10 (normal price 239) because it is missing the mounts. Dh should be able to bodge something together.

All cleaned up and pretty. Still a week off getting frames (hopefully). But then won't get to see too much for 2 weeks as I'll be in the Gold Coast - so will be reliant on dh sending me pics

more plumbing work today and bricks delivered

Nawsome
more plumbing work today and bricks delivered

It will be looking like a house in no time... what bricks did you choose?

We went with pgh harvest gold. Hated it in the brochure, but looked nicer in real life. Apparently the colour has changed a lot over the years, so the original colour is like the brochure colour. We struggled with choosing bricks, so hoping we still like it when they go up. Framing due next week, so not long now (I hope).
How is your build going?
Nawsome
We went with pgh harvest gold. Hated it in the brochure, but looked nicer in real life. Apparently the colour has changed a lot over the years, so the original colour is like the brochure colour. We struggled with choosing bricks, so hoping we still like it when they go up. Framing due next week, so not long now (I hope).
How is your build going?
We're about a week behind you now i think. They said deliveries late next week. We chose licorice bricks but we're having the front rendered.

Neighbour next door asked for the fence to be replaced - gap is from where our brick garage was. We got a quote for over 4000 for the entire length :O
So lucky dh is very handy and bought some fencing sheets on gumtree and did the job himself for less than 250 (including posts and concrete). I'm very impressed! Might look mix and max, but it will do the job, and is along the side will not really be seen.

how long was the side. that seems expensive. my recent fencing was about 1300 for 16 meters

55 metres - we have a long block!! but yeah, we did think the quote was pretty expensive. Later when the neighbour builds (is a developer) we can look at doing something better for the whole length
Delivery day!! Such a pretty blue!
Now bring on the framing

Do you know when they start putting it up?

We are told this week, so fx tomorrow. I think the steel frames are quite quick to put up compared to the wooden frames
Back after being away for 2 weeks and was excited to see progress. Apparently the framers were a week or so behind, so there were delays in getting the frame up. Went for a walk through and noticed that they put the wardrobe partitions wrong way around between bed 3 and 4. Have already spoken with the SS and should be fixed quickly and easily at this stage. Windows have been delivered, so looking forward to seeing more progress soon.
It was good and weird to be walking through - some places felt massive, others tiny compared to what we thought it would be. The boys keep changing their minds on which bedroom they want to be theirs!

Nice to come back to see progress I bet.
Windows installed over the weekend and cavity sliders installed today. We also have a skip now!!
Loving the look of all the light that we will be getting through the windows.
Started looking at furniture - well lounge suite. big decision and totally confused about what we want to get. We know we want leather for easy clean and wear and tear from 2 boys, cat and dog. Currently thinking of a 2 seater and a 3 seater with an ottoman than can be used as seating if required. Not sure whether to go recliner or not. Too hard and a lot of money!!
Hoping the roof goes on soon

Nawsome
Windows installed over the weekend and cavity sliders installed today. We also have a skip now!!
Loving the look of all the light that we will be getting through the windows.
Started looking at furniture - well lounge suite. big decision and totally confused about what we want to get. We know we want leather for easy clean and wear and tear from 2 boys, cat and dog. Currently thinking of a 2 seater and a 3 seater with an ottoman than can be used as seating if required. Not sure whether to go recliner or not. Too hard and a lot of money!!
Hoping the roof goes on soon

Looking good! It's so much better when the frame goes up. We got our new sofa and dining table at Harvey norman boxing day sale thinking we would be in our place sooner. Lucky they will keep it in the warehouse for us till July.. our roof went up in a day. Have you got tiles or coloubond?

Related
21/09/2023
KDR - Home Equity Loan vs Construction Loan

Home Finance

The biggest challenge will be if you take out a loan and then run out of money - you'll have an incomplete security and lenders do not like this so you can get stuck.…

21/09/2023
KDR - Looking for feedback on Kialla Homes

Building A New House

Hi, I am looking into doing a KDR in Melbourne and am contemplating using Kialla Homes. I am looking for feedback on them from others who have built with them.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum