Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

B & D's First build with HGWA

Page 13 of 17
Looks great Dee πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘
Wow Dee! Looking great!

Hi there. Your house is looking great! Just wondering whether upgrading to Essa Stone was very expensive? We too are building with HGWA and want a white stone bench and are pretty unimpressed with the Della Vita offerings. Thanks!

Mrsxtro01
Hi there. Your house is looking great! Just wondering whether upgrading to Essa Stone was very expensive? We too are building with HGWA and want a white stone bench and are pretty unimpressed with the Della Vita offerings. Thanks!

Thanks Mrsxtro01
I wouldn't recommend it, looking back now, everything we changed is standard with most other builders. I think it was around $8000 extra.... Lol adding a third garage was cheaper.
homegroup are an absolute rip off with over and above charges.
Do you have a thread I can follow?
jenza20
Looks great Dee

Thanks jenza20
Imightbedave
Wow Dee! Looking great!

Thanks Itmightbedave
Your house is looking great Dee!
Hally72
dee13
Awesome! Yep, we're starting on Monday

Follow our HGWA build in Baldivis @ viewtopic.php?t=83352&f=31&p=1604334#p1604334

They've cleared your land today
we have a slab

Hi Hally72, you guys are way ahead of us now! You must nearly have your keys? Just wondering have you applied to have fences installed yet? I wasn't sure how far in advance we had to do it?
dee13
Mrsxtro01

Thanks Mrsxtro01
I wouldn't recommend it, looking back now, everything we changed is standard with most other builders. I think it was around $8000 extra.... Lol adding a third garage was cheaper.

Thanks for the info, dee13.
I guess I'll just get a quote at prestart and see what they say. I'm assume by they will charge like wounded bulls though so will probably just stick with the Della Vita stone.
I started a thread called 'HGWA in Calleya' if you are interested in following our build journey!

Mrsxtro01
dee13
Mrsxtro01

Thanks Mrsxtro01

Thanks for the info, dee13.
I guess I'll just get a quote at prestart and see what they say. I'm assume by they will charge like wounded bulls though so will probably just stick with the Della Vita stone.
I started a thread called 'HGWA in Calleya' if you are interested in following our build journey!

No problem
if you do try, be prepared to argue, it's not really something they like to offer, it took me awhile for them to agree (if you want white they will try to get you to upgrade to the Corian bench top in your prestart folder... The pricing is even higher and I found out its acrylic
)

I'll def have a look for your thread, good luck with your build
Holy wowza!! Those dark tiles!! Love it!!

C U S T O M. C O R A L. B R O N T E. 43
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=79581
dee13
Hally72
dee13
Awesome! Yep, we're starting on Monday

Follow our HGWA build in Baldivis @ viewtopic.php?t=83352&f=31&p=1604334#p1604334

we have a slab

Hi Hally72, you guys are way ahead of us now! You must nearly have your keys? Just wondering have you applied to have fences installed yet? I wasn't sure how far in advance we had to do it?

Hi Dee13

Your tiling looks amazing
we have been told we should have PCI in 2-3 weeks, can't wait now.

I asked HGWA could I arrange fences they said we had to wait until after handover before any other trade allowed onsite.
I've been told they take about 2 weeks so I'm going to send voucher off for to them as soon as I've done PCI as long as there is no issues.
Fingers crossed it will all be smooth sailing it has been so far for us.

Not long now for you either

Hally72
dee13
Hally72
[quote="dee13"]Awesome! Yep, we're starting on Monday

we have a slab

Hi Dee13

I asked HGWA could I arrange fences they said we had to wait until after handover before any other trade allowed onsite.
I've been told they take about 2 weeks so I'm going to send voucher off for to them as soon as I've done PCI as long as there is no issues.

[/quote]

That's good! they've been so quick, I must admit Brad's been great with setting up tradies, as soon as one is finished, the next one is there, so it's all been so fast

No worries, I was going to send in our form, figured they could save a trip and do our fence at the same time, but I'll wait till later, we're still about 6-8 weeks away atm I think.
dee13
Hally72
dee13
[quote="Hally72"][quote="dee13"]Awesome! Yep, we're starting on Monday

we have a slab

Hi Dee13

[/quote]

That's good! they've been so quick, I must admit Brad's been great with setting up tradies, as soon as one is finished, the next one is there, so it's all been so fast

No worries, I was going to send in our form, figured they could save a trip and do our fence at the same time, but I'll wait till later, we're still about 6-8 weeks away atm I think.
[/quote]

Yes I've found it has flowed well with tradies, they have to take the scaffold at the backs down too before the fences can go up.
Would be a good idea for both to be the same time.
I think our cleaners are I today

Hally72
dee13
Hally72
[quote="dee13"][quote="Hally72"][quote="dee13"]Awesome! Yep, we're starting on Monday

we have a slab

Hi Dee13

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes I've found it has flowed well with tradies, they have to take the scaffold at the backs down too before the fences can go up.

[/quote]

Thats exciting! Can't wait for our cleaning, carpets & having the outside painted, hopefully it feels more house like than a building site then
dee13
Hally72
dee13
[quote="Hally72"][quote="dee13"][quote="Hally72"][quote="dee13"]Awesome! Yep, we're starting on Monday

we have a slab

Hi Dee13

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thats exciting! Can't wait for our cleaning, carpets & having the outside painted, hopefully it feels more house like than a building site then
[/quote]

Not long now

Hally72
dee13
Hally72
[quote="dee13"][quote="Hally72"][quote="dee13"][quote="Hally72"][quote="dee13"]Awesome! Yep, we're starting on Monday

we have a slab

Hi Dee13

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not long now

[/quote]

How's it all going #Dee13

We have PCI next Wednesday

That's awesome Hally72! You're almost there

We're a while off now I think, our tiles are another few weeks away, so HG are just doing everything they can to keep it all ticking along, but as of next week, everything that can be done is.
Because of the full height tiling, after we get them laid, the ceiling fixer & painter have to come back too. They've had to hold off on the cleaning & carpets because they don't want tradies walking all over them.

Fingers crossed, they'll move pretty quickly though, with the end of financial year coming, i'm sure they'll want paid
dee13

We're a while off now I think, our tiles are another few weeks away, so HG are just doing everything they can to keep it all ticking along, but as of next week, everything that can be done is.
Because of the full height tiling, after we get them laid, the ceiling fixer & painter have to come back too. They've had to hold off on the cleaning & carpets because they don't want tradies walking all over them.

Fingers crossed, they'll move pretty quickly though, with the end of financial year coming, i'm sure they'll want paid

They will definitely get it done to be paid before eofy

Best that carpets not laid we have noticed sand on ours thankfully it can just be vacced.
I can't wait now
just have gardens to plan. We already know what we doing out back not much space to worry about. It's just the fronts are so big got to take our time and get it right

We also hate gardening
so it needs to be maintenance free

Hally72
dee13

They will definitely get it done to be paid before eofy

Best that carpets not laid we have noticed sand on ours thankfully it can just be vacced.
I can't wait now
just have gardens to plan. We already know what we doing out back not much space to worry about. It's just the fronts are so big got to take our time and get it right

We also hate gardening
so it needs to be maintenance free

So exciting! I really like the colour of your façade, it's all come together so nicely

We'll be taking our time with the front too, I want to get it right & make it as easy to maintain as possible (loving artificial lawn atm!!)
The front yards are so much bigger than I expected, I wish we could've pushed the house forward a little bit. I think we'll have to do the back first though because of the dog. Concrete co is coming to do a final measure next week, so at least when that's laid, it'll get rid of a lot of the sand

Related
12/02/2024
Suggestions whether to build my granny flat first or house?

Building A New House

hi guys. Please be nice. First time home builder in Qld. I would like some feedback please on whether I should build my granny flat first before my main house at the…

30/05/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

Soak wells and electrical run in happening this week! Summit has told me they will relocate the laundry plumbing after the walls are completed. I'm actually pretty happy…

21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum