Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Redink Homes - NOR - xxkatxx's build - what type of render?

Page 13 of 77
Me too please Miss Em!
thanks!
CC101
how deep shelves and drawers are normally?

If you're wondering about the lifestyle wardrobes they are 450 but not sure what the standard during the build is
4500mm is standard. Well that's how ours come with builder and how couple quotes came back
Thanks Kat for those details
Hi Kat, can I ask how much it cost to have the tile floor wastes installed in the bathrooms/shower?
WildwoodDream
Hi Kat, can I ask how much it cost to have the tile floor wastes installed in the bathrooms/shower?

We are providing our own tiles, tiler and floor wastes so not sure what Redink would charge to do them...sorry
They seemed to be pretty familiar with the tile insert floor wastes so shouldn't be too difficult to find out
We have a slab!!!!

It looks HUUGGEE!

It's so nice to finally have our slab
Not so nice to receive the bill...

It all finally feels real!! Wooohooooo!!!
Fantastic!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!
Congratulations!! Very exciting
Little bit of a timeline for the Redink newbies who want to know what to expect and for my own interest! I think ours has been a bit drawn out though at no fault other than our own...what idiots would book a 7 week holiday right in the middle of all the paperwork?!
Won't do that again

12 Jul 2012 - Start getting our plans together with Redink rep
29 Sep 2012 - Signed PCQ
9 Nov 2012 - Working drawings completed
12 Dec 2012 - Interior Design Consultation
7 Jan 2013 - Prestart Meeting and all upgrade costs received (was offered to us in December but we weren't ready...)
29 Jan 2013 - Developer Approval
6 Feb 2013 - Final Plans received
26 Feb 2013 - Building Permit issued
12 Apr 2013 - Site Scraped
22 Apr 2013 - Plumbing and sand pad completed
29 Apr 2013 - Slab laid
Yay! Congrats!!!
Well done kat you must be so relieved that you can finally look at something. We are awaiting an email sometime this week to say when our siteworks will start. No luck today, maybe tomorrow. btw I'm jealous.
Conslabulations
WildwoodDream

Hi
I asked to have Bermuda floor wastes instead of usual white plastic floor wastes and it was upgraded with no charge. Fantastic. Not so with the strip drains in the showers was quoted for my two showers $ 1,730.00. Ouch. Did not realise they were so expensive.
conslabulations
Congrats Kat! Hope everything goes smoothly from here on in for you!
Conslabulations!!!!

jibs
WildwoodDream

Hi
I asked to have Bermuda floor wastes instead of usual white plastic floor wastes and it was upgraded with no charge. Fantastic. Not so with the strip drains in the showers was quoted for my two showers $ 1,730.00. Ouch. Did not realise they were so expensive.

Really Jibs! Maybe I will ask about the Bermuda wastes then....not sure if I am too late!
Little bit of a tile problem in our ensuite
Knew organising our own tiler and tiles would bite us in the butt

We have bought the 150 x 900 timber tiles for our ensuite floor...including the shower floor and have now been told by one of the tilers we used to quote our job that it's not possible to get the fall required on the floor with those tiles. So gonna have to rearrange the tiles as my boyfriend is in love with them and doesn't want to let them go

These are the timber tiles and the plain ivory tile that we have to go with them. The dark laminate is the cupboards and the light gloss laminate is the benchtop.

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u403/xxkat86xx/tiles_zpsacc35c2f.jpg

This is our ensuite, planning on floor to ceiling tiling all around except for the toilet.

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u403/xxkat86xx/layout_zps92cdec63.jpg

So initially we had the timber tiles horizontal down the window wall and flowing out accross the floor to the toilet. So as you walk into the ensuite they were vertical. Wasn't ideal but we wanted the flow up the wall look! We used the window wall as our feature wall because it has a niche under the window and we have seen something similar and it looked awesome! The darker baby poo colour is the plain 300 x 600 and the light colour the timber tile.

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u403/xxkat86xx/oldlayout_zps07570b2c.jpg

Now we are thinking have the timber tiles on the floor horizontally as you walk in and up the entry wall and mirror wall. Then our plain tile on the window wall, shower floor, shower hob, nib wall and toilet wall.

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u403/xxkat86xx/newlayout_zps027bc29e.jpg

I coloured it in to try and visualise it but I'm failing to imagine it very well
Any other ideas of what we should do? Should we change the plain tile to something darker as the only dark colour in there is the wall hung cupboards? I also wasn't too keen on having the marble look benchtop meet the timber tiles but with our new idea the timber tiles are between the mirror and bench
I think that would work Kat / I am pretty sure there is a redink display that does that type of tile horizontal like how you are saying.
Hope you get it sorted! We are organising our tiling too - dreading these sorts of issues
Related
5/03/2024
What type of tile is best for outdoor patios?

Outdoor Living

Natural stone tiles like slate, travertine, and limestone add a timeless, elegant look to…

11/04/2024
What type of cladding is this

General Discussion

That looks like it, thanks very much

23/08/2023
Need advise on surfacing render interior wall

General Discussion

I am looking for someone who might have tackled a similar issue as me. I have a few rendered interior walls, the surface condition is hardly flat. I can see all the bumps…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum