Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

settlers run botanic ridge

Page 13 of 32
wilson3199
lasttimehopefully
Its very exciting, do you know what your going to choose at your color appointment?
Weve got ours on Monday.

More or less although not sure what colour the roof tiles are as they have to be from a certain range SBG use but we would like a mid grey with gutters and facia to match. Mushroom coloured bricks and downpipes to match. Eaves white, top render Creamy Natural with Autumn Bushland and Colourbond Blue Ridge as features on piers. White windows, timber garage door, front door and staircase. Glass sided balcony. Interior colours are Tennessee Dawn with white ceilings. Bench tops Quantum Quartz Ice. Coffee latte coloured carpets. That's about all we have chosen at the moment. Are you definitely with UE now?

Yep weve chosen to go with Urbanedge.
lasttimehopefully
wilson3199
lasttimehopefully
Its very exciting, do you know what your going to choose at your color appointment?
Weve got ours on Monday.

More or less although not sure what colour the roof tiles are as they have to be from a certain range SBG use but we would like a mid grey with gutters and facia to match. Mushroom coloured bricks and downpipes to match. Eaves white, top render Creamy Natural with Autumn Bushland and Colourbond Blue Ridge as features on piers. White windows, timber garage door, front door and staircase. Glass sided balcony. Interior colours are Tennessee Dawn with white ceilings. Bench tops Quantum Quartz Ice. Coffee latte coloured carpets. That's about all we have chosen at the moment. Are you definitely with UE now?

Yep weve chosen to go with Urbanedge.

Hope your colour appointment goes well - would love to see plans of your house.
thanks Elaine. I have another forum for help with my plans. this is the link...I hope
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=46605
I wasn't completely happy with a couple of things but I think it's sorted out now.

Ive decided on most things for colors tmw.
I want caesarstone benches in Cashmere with white cupboards. splashback - unsure??
The floor tiles will be a latte color
Carpets in a darker brown
the facade Ive chosen will be the Uber on display at Williams Landing with same colors.
http://www.buildershomeplans.com.au/pro ... 75&region=

I also want the tiles behind the sink in this display for the ensuite and bathroom

What do you think?
lasttimehopefully
thanks Elaine. I have another forum for help with my plans. this is the link...I hope
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=46605
I wasn't completely happy with a couple of things but I think it's sorted out now.

Ive decided on most things for colors tmw.
I want caesarstone benches in Cashmere with white cupboards. splashback - unsure??
The floor tiles will be a latte color
Carpets in a darker brown
the facade Ive chosen will be the Uber on display at Williams Landing with same colors.
http://www.buildershomeplans.com.au/pro ... 75&region=

I also want the tiles behind the sink in this display for the ensuite and bathroom

What do you think?

I think ideas by wrexter are really good and your colours sound great too, I am dithering about splashback colour too but probably stick with beige, coffee colours to match the bench. Have to say the Uber design is really nice. I wouldn't go with too dark a carpet if tiles are latte. Good luck tomoz.
Hello all my future neighbours!

Good to see a thread on Settlers Run, when we were building there wasn't one on here and it would have been very helpful!!!!

We've just celebrated our 1st anniversary in our house and loving it! If you have any questions I'm more than happy to try and answer them.

Look forward to seeing all of your builds!

Cheers,
Renee
rj_louise
Hello all my future neighbours!

Good to see a thread on Settlers Run, when we were building there wasn't one on here and it would have been very helpful!!!!

We've just celebrated our 1st anniversary in our house and loving it! If you have any questions I'm more than happy to try and answer them.

Look forward to seeing all of your builds!

Cheers,
Renee

Hello Renee, nice to meet you on the Forum, we are building on Plot 178 Maintop Ridge whereabouts are you and what house did you build? Have you had any problems with snakes in your garden this year?
We are at 7 Lightfoot Rise (Lot 120). I personally haven't seen any snakes, but our neighbour scared one off that apparently was heading towards our house the other day(thanks Steve!!!) My issue is with the rabbits that keep eating my plants and there now seems to be a lot of mice in the area as well, hopefully both of these subside once the area is fully established.

We built a Hartley with Dennis Family Homes, love our house but like most builders the quality is well shy of 100%, and unfortunately you don't find some things until you live in the home.
lasttimehopefully
The_Pezzas
Supposed to have started building, but nothing has happened as yet. I'm a bit annoyed as the start date has slipped from end of January to end of February and now we're heading towards the end of March and still nothing. Will be trying to get hold of Dave today to find out what is going on.

Im sure you're more than a bit annoyed, I'd be furious. Let me know what Dave says, if you can contact him (not an easy task). I'll cross my fingers for you that something starts soon.

Hi The Pezzas, how are things going with your build. We are with SBG and its taking ages, have you started yet?
Elaine (Plot 178)
the lack of communication with SBG and ThePezzas story was a major factor in choosing UE instead. I liked SBG's fixed price and their house but I can easily contact UE
Heya Elaine,
We're still not going with SBG unfortunately. We've got some issues with council and medallist about a building envelope and a crossover. Long story short we flipped the crossover from one side othe block to the other, but for whatever reason the building envelope wasn't flipped and looks as though it'll be a ridiculous amount of time and bureaucracy to flip it over if we're even allowed so its back to redesigning the house. So we're waiting on SBG to redo our plan to satisfy the crossover on the other side but to still keep our balcony and entertaining area on the 'view' side of the house. They're supposed to get back to me today, but we'll see. How are you guys going, i'm assuming you've started buildilng with SBG?

Our experience with SBG so far has been ordinary. I wish I could come in here and say different. I think Dave is a good guy and I've met some other staff at SBG and I think they've been really nice and helpful as well. The problem we've found is that there is next to no communication, we rarely if ever get a call back when we've been promised, things don't get done when they say they're going to be done and even when I have to do the chasing up to find out what is going on (which I've heard is par for the course when building a house anyways) I simply cannot get through to Dave on his mobile. Message bank every time. Leaving a message is futile. I understand that there is going to be delays for whatever reasons on building a house, I'm more than happy to accept that, but when you're not told of the delays and you can't get hold of someone to find out what is going on, it becomes a nightmare. Anyways, enough ranting from me. If SBG simply improved their communication and provided some customer service, I'd have absolutely no problem in recommending them.

UPDATE:
Our experience with SBG has certainly been much better since when i wrote this. The communication has been much better, which as I said was the only problem I had found with SBG. I've also since spoken to a few others who have spoken very highly of the finished product and I certainly do value word of mouth on these sorts of things so I thought it would only be fair to SBG to update this post to reflect what they are delivering. I'd definitely recommend them to anyone reading this and wondering if they should or shouldn't build with SBG.
The_Pezzas
Heya Elaine,
We're still not going with SBG unfortunately. We've got some issues with council and medallist about a building envelope and a crossover. Long story short we flipped the crossover from one side othe block to the other, but for whatever reason the building envelope wasn't flipped and looks as though it'll be a ridiculous amount of time and bureaucracy to flip it over if we're even allowed so its back to redesigning the house. So we're waiting on SBG to redo our plan to satisfy the crossover on the other side but to still keep our balcony and entertaining area on the 'view' side of the house. They're supposed to get back to me today, but we'll see. How are you guys going, i'm assuming you've started buildilng with SBG?

Our experience with SBG so far has been ordinary. I wish I could come in here and say different. I think Dave is a good guy and I've met some other staff at SBG and I think they've been really nice and helpful as well. The problem we've found is that there is next to no communication, we rarely if ever get a call back when we've been promised, things don't get done when they say they're going to be done and even when I have to do the chasing up to find out what is going on (which I've heard is par for the course when building a house anyways) I simply cannot get through to Dave on his mobile. Message bank every time. Leaving a message is futile. I understand that there is going to be delays for whatever reasons on building a house, I'm more than happy to accept that, but when you're not told of the delays and you can't get hold of someone to find out what is going on, it becomes a nightmare. Anyways, enough ranting from me. If SBG simply improved their communication and provided some customer service, I'd have absolutely no problem in recommending them.

Hi, sorry to hear about your red tape problems, it doesn't sound good although since we started on this journey (last October) its been a real eye-opener with all the restrictions, covenants etc. We tramped around all the builders every week-end trying to find a suitable house and Trudi had been pushing SBG right from the start. I have to say I love the house we are getting as its more or less our own design with bits of all the show houses we have been round but I think I agree with you about communication and I hate to be in the dark too. No we haven't started building yet, still a barren piece of land with only rabbit droppings on it
I am not looking forward to the next 6 months as it will be stressful I bet and we are paying a really high rent back to the buyer we sold our house to so financial worries too. I think I will mention this forum to Dave when we next see him (if)?
Keeping my fingers crossed for you.
Hi!

I have been fllowing your thread for a while and I love the going-ons here; even managed to pick up some really good tips. Not sure whether I could join the fun exchanging our experiences as I am not in Settlers Run but will be building in Sandhurst Club. Hope I will be welcomed!

Thanks in advance.

Mee2
Hi we are building at settlers run too. Just sent plans off to DAP hopefully will be OK so we can begin. Very excited.
Welcome TaliseFan and Tigers. Who are you building with?
Hi!
I am going with Henley..Talise Q2. Not getting anywhere until Oct/Nov when title supposed to be out.
Long wait and I am so excited for you all who are already getting into the action of building!
Your thread is SO interesting; lots of enthusiastic neighbours too!

Mee2
Tigers
Hi we are building at settlers run too. Just sent plans off to DAP hopefully will be OK so we can begin. Very excited.

Hi Talisefan and Tigers great to have more fans on the Forum, Tigers where is your plot.

We are going to the Body Corporate BBQ at Settlers on Sunday 1st May at midday, is anyone else going? shall we wear name tags hee hee
Thanks, wilson 3199.

When does your build start? I haven't visited Settlers Run before but heard that it is a beautiful place. Will drop by one day soon for sure.

How much of the area has got houses up already? Based on the numerous postings here, it sounds like quite a few are in the middle of construction or are about to get cracking soon.

Enjoy your BBQ; with a name tag would be
!!!!!

Mee2
hey talisefan!

we r building the talise q2 and starting next month
good to see a couple more people out there building the talise... it really is a great floorplan ... and c'mon, i mean that wardrobe!

Trudy
hi, Wilson we are lot 161 in Holloway circuit. We are owner building so it will be interesting to see if our plans are OK'd. We showed them to Trudi in the sales office and she said they looked fine. We are hoping to start as soon as we have the approval.
TaliseFan
Thanks, wilson 3199.

When does your build start? I haven't visited Settlers Run before but heard that it is a beautiful place. Will drop by one day soon for sure.

How much of the area has got houses up already? Based on the numerous postings here, it sounds like quite a few are in the middle of construction or are about to get cracking soon.

Enjoy your BBQ; with a name tag would be
!!!!!

Mee2

Hi, well that's the million dollar question I hope our build starts soon,
Related
20/11/2023
Brick Elevator truck hit and run

General Discussion

you did, but you didnt identify the smear/logo

23/03/2024
Fridge Freezer not working after trying to run on Generator

Kitchen Appliances

I had a similar issue with my fridge not too long ago. It wasn't the same model, but the symptoms were pretty much the same: the compressor would start and then stop…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum