Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Somerfield Estate Keysborough

Page 116 of 119
OBX
cpl...everything is through the fibre from Telstra...no need for antenna. But if Telstra goes down, you get nothing, just like me.

How do i connect my TV to the fibre, my TV doesnt have a fibre input?
BB13
OBX
cpl...everything is through the fibre from Telstra...no need for antenna. But if Telstra goes down, you get nothing, just like me.

How do i connect my TV to the fibre, my TV doesnt have a fibre input?

You just need a normal cable, you can buy the connectors from Bunnings.
Has anybody else in somerfield have rats
Can someone that has constructed a brick wall (with a garden bed) in front of their house please pm me the name of a person that does it (if you are happy with the work).
Hi guys,
We just had LMI on our otherwise approved loan for a stage 17 house / land rejected due to the land having cultural heritage significance? Has anyone either had their LMI declined for the same reason or alternatively does anyone have their LMI through qbe in stage 17, 17a, 16, 16a. PM me please
Hi,

Anyone can kindly recommend an electrician and landscaper in the Somerfield area?

Thanks heaps
J & C
viphark
Hi Guys,
I'm in stage 27. Anyone know who is responsible to have antenna installed? Is this done by Telstra as part of the Smart Community stuff? Also, I've been told Velocity is not yet available...

Hope someone can fill me in.

You don't need a TV antenna, the TV signals are through the fibre optic cable

Is the TV signal coming through from the internet or not? I'm worried if it consumes my internet volume, I think I will have 200 GB at most monthly or something like that.
No, TV reception does not use your internet connection.

While I'm here we're almost at handover and I'm wondering have most people gone with Telstra as their Internet/Phone provider? Do you still get the $1500 credit by going with Telstra? We're in stage 11 if that makes a difference
Have the prices in Somerfield estate increased or decreased
Hi All

We have bought a block in 17A stage 1710 and looking to start building our house in Nov 2013.
Just curious to know if anyone from same stage is planning to start their build around same time .
Also we are in a process of finalizing a builder , most probably going with Poter Davis (PD)…. Can anyone who has gone with PD share their experience
How is PD with all the promises do they deliver as their sales consultant promise in your first meeting .
Thanks
does anyone know when the lake / park at the end of stage 11 / 14 a will be completed
what are the average gas bills like in $ for a two month period if you have a high efficiency heating unit that is zoned and only one zone is in use at any point in time.
Hi,

Anyone had their Evaporative Cooling unit blown off by the winds in Somerfield

Mine got blown off this week but none of my neighbours had this issue.

When I called the builder and installer, they both blame it on the strong winds. I was thinking it was originally not fixed to the roof properly.

Please let me know if any of you are having or had a similar issue like this.

Thanks heaps.

Thanks.
Hi,
Is antenna allow to be install in the area?

Thanks
Pretty sure antennas are allowed, seen then in a few houses some absolutely massive
what type of broadband you were getting from Telstra? I would assume it's not fibre cable as NBN has not rollout within the estate yet according to the rollout map
peterkip
No, TV reception does not use your internet connection.

While I'm here we're almost at handover and I'm wondering have most people gone with Telstra as their Internet/Phone provider? Do you still get the $1500 credit by going with Telstra? We're in stage 11 if that makes a difference
Hi, I would like to buy a block of land from either Somerfield or any other estate in Keysborough, does any one know whether there will be any new releases in the near future.
Hi there, been reading on your post. we purchased in Sarah Lands, titles expected to be released in March.

Noting your mention about council/building permits - do these need to be organised by ourselves? I thought the builder would have done so for us..

Thanks
Muptra
Hi,
Yes your builder should organise all of that.
Thanks for replying emily.
How did you find building in somerfield? Did the land settle as expected or run late?
Related
26/05/2024
Estate restricting lot owners installing rolling shutter

Renovation + Home Improvement

A lot of those Covenants are put in place at the time the Developers are still involved and marketing a certain look and they get ignored or expire after a time. If the…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum