Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Somerfield Estate Keysborough

Page 115 of 119
sanlyfang
For the somerfield/telstra $1500 check, is it written in contract for buying the land?

I just don't know how can I get assured I can get 1500.

You will receive it when you connect with Telstra.
We received the following quote for gates beside our house...is the quote below competive.

A) 1.2 m fixed panel in Modwood 50x50 post powder coated - $450

B) 1.2 m gate and 1 m fixed panel in Modwood, 65x65 post powder coated, 50 x 50 gate frame powder coated, double lock with keys - $1200
Does anyone know the cost of fake grass? is it worth it? how long does it last? I'm considering this for my front garden. what does the fake grass sit on? concrete? need to ensure no weed or grass can grow through. Any knowledge would be appreciated.
Hi all,

Had a look at our almost complete house today and noticed there is a white pvc pipe with a black cover sticking out in the backyard, does anyone know what this is? I know we have a sewer easement running along the back boundary..could this be connected?

Thanks in advance
jfi2ee
Hi all,

Had a look at our almost complete house today and noticed there is a white pvc pipe with a black cover sticking out in the backyard, does anyone know what this is? I know we have a sewer easement running along the back boundary..could this be connected?
Thanks in advance

We have the same in our backyard (stage15) I believe it's a storm water drain.
The black cap says vent on it so I don't think it's a storm water drain
Can someone please recommend a good bricklayer that can do the front and side garden beds. I have walked around the estate and a lot if you have done this. I also checked with the DAP and we are allowed to build one as long as it does exceed 0.6 metres (600 mm).
Hi
I'm new to this forum and have been following it alot quite recently.
I've bought in the stage 17 area which recently titled.

Does anyone know if the DAP has approved anyone to have a 4m front setback?

we are having issues with our porch being slightly too high...have requested that they overlook this given that it is only 30cm over. don't know how fast those guys in the DAP get back to anyone..
dhoon
Don't know how fast those guys in the DAP get back to anyone..

Ours DAP approval for minor changes with colours took a week others in our stage15 took 2-3weeks. Suppose it depends on their workload
Are there rats in Somerfield ? I saw some movement in the garage some days ago. I recently read that Crystal Waters is infested with rats.
dhoon
Hi
I'm new to this forum and have been following it alot quite recently.
I've bought in the stage 17 area which recently titled.

Does anyone know if the DAP has approved anyone to have a 4m front setback?

we are having issues with our porch being slightly too high...have requested that they overlook this given that it is only 30cm over. don't know how fast those guys in the DAP get back to anyone..

hi dhoon,
i am in stage 17 too, nice to meet you.
i just knew this forum two days ago. some useful information here.

good luck.

Beike
Wondering if anyone have the same problem I have. The water that go into the toilet...there is no water in the morning, it weird, it comes back after couple of hours. Not sure why, can't be my toilet as both of them are the same issue. Anyone have this strange problem? Do I call a plumber or the water supplier? Someone please advise...thx
OBX
the toilets are plumbed to recycled water for some reason the turned off the recycled water this morning we had the same issue may have been doing maintenance or work?
homeless4
Glad to hear it's just not my place...thx homeless4
Great news Telstra is not the soul provider in somerfield anymore! We received a letter last week stating that our $1500 will be no longer available and we can join any internet provider.
cpl
Great news Telstra is not the soul provider in somerfield anymore! We received a letter last week stating that our $1500 will be no longer available and we can join any internet provider.

Who else are we able to connect to?
Telstra sux...atm my services is down. I've got no TV, no internet and no phone...great future proof hey. Have to wait 2 weeks before someone comes out.....
If we can hook up with someone else let me know who...
Hi guys im still building at somerfield atm and im abit confused on the TV end. Currently most of you are on telstra, so does your tv come in from the fibre through telstra? Or do we still need an antenna for tv?

I know other providers such as iinet have fibre and tv too but i have called them and i still need an antenna for tv.

Can someone explain better to me? Haha
cpl...everything is through the fibre from Telstra...no need for antenna. But if Telstra goes down, you get nothing, just like me.
jfi2ee
cpl

Who else are we able to connect to?

Was the letter from telstra or somerfield??
Related
26/05/2024
Estate restricting lot owners installing rolling shutter

Renovation + Home Improvement

A lot of those Covenants are put in place at the time the Developers are still involved and marketing a certain look and they get ignored or expire after a time. If the…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum