Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

The CARLISLE HOMES & SPECTRA General Information Thread

Page 111 of 364
williams2111
We have just started the process with CH. Paid our $1,000 deposit to kick off the pricing process and have been to our colour browse appointment. Anyone able to fill me in on what happens next? I am aware of all these terms (tender, contract, colour appointments) but I'm feeling a little overwhelmed by it.

We are building the Riverton 30.

We went to see austral bricks today, and are thinking of Access Fawn, off white grout, dune windows and garage doors, with a charcoal roof. It's a bit daunting trying to decide. Also, trying to work out what internal paint colours - all the whites are so similar but can look so different when painted in bulk. Will try look at a few of your blogs to see your colour choices.

Thanks

Hi Williams,

We have also picked the Access Fawn as our 2nd choice of bricks. We chose mushroom as our 1st choice, however, both of the bricks are quite similar in colour. The off white grout will go very well with this colour. I have some sample pics that I have taken in my blog. You can have a look at them. A few other bloggers are having these bricks in their built too.
Hope that helps!
Has anyone who has built their home moved the meter box into the garage or another location? If so, has that caused any issues with meters being read? I'm thinking of moving it into the garage but my wife has doubts that it will work.
Steely Dan
Has anyone who has built their home moved the meter box into the garage or another location? If so, has that caused any issues with meters being read? I'm thinking of moving it into the garage but my wife has doubts that it will work.

I'm not sure electricity distributor will allow you to do this.

If they do, it will become quite a hassle to organise reading of the meter (until remote meter reading commences..) Its your responsibility to ensure the meter reader has clear and unobstructed access to the meter.
Steely Dan

Hi Dan,

We haven't moved our Meter Box, however I see the issue. It would be difficult for the Meter Reader to gain access and this may eventually become a nuisance to you as you would need to provide them with the details of the Meter.

Any reason you don't like it where it is?

Regards,
Bill.
We have our switch board/circuit breakers in the garage but my actual meter box is still on the outside wall where the master switch/actual meter is.
This was an upgrade option that we were willing to pay for (from memory it was under $200), but because we upgraded to refrigerated cooling we were upgraded to 3 phase power so it automatically went into the garage anyway.

Very happy with this - as in the old house we had to venture outside in the cold/dark/rain when the trip switches went off!!! I feel much safer now knowing that I'm behind locked doors and undercover!!!

EDIT: To make sense
Quote:
We have our switch board/circuit breakers in the garage but my actual meter box is still on the outside wall where the master switch/actual meter is.

Thanks Sleven, I didn't explain myself clearly beforehand, but that is exactly what I wanted to do and for similar reasons. Apologies everyone who replied for the misunderstanding.
Hi all. Just sharing the good news that we have had our handover on the 28th June, it was a smooth settlement process. Our SS mentioned that he found out and checked our blogspot, he's fine with it as there are no unpleasant comments that will significantly dent the good reputation of CH. Anyway, commissioning of the heating and cooling also happened on handover date. By Wednesday, we were all moved in and on Thursday, the concreters came to work on our driveway and pathways - perfect timing as the weather was beautiful and sunny unlike this week. We're one happy family thanking CH for building a quality and lovely home for us.
Congratulations flipflop! Hope you enjoy your new house! It's certainly a fantastic feeling to be able to call it home
Congratulations Flipflop

Look forward to update and pictures on your blog.
Home Sweet Home
Conratulations FlipFlop. I hope you enjoy the quality workmanship CH have provided you. All the best.
Congratulations - given we are at the very beginning of the process it is good to see people saying such good things about CH. Enjoy your home.
Congrats FlipFlop....nice to hear all went smoothly...btw the master bedroom niche with the glass is really classy
YAY flipflop...congratulations!!!!
Thank you for sharing your journey with us. Hope you and your family have many happy years in your beautiful new home.
Please don't be a stranger to this forum and your blog, and make sure you post plenty of photos for us
Congratulations flipflop!!
Congratulations FLIPFLOP

ENJOY your NEW home.

CKR
Hi guys,

I have a question for you
. How long does it normally take to issue a building permit? Thank you!
We were told that this takes about 36 hours once the developer approval is done. Our was within the 36 hour time frame
Thank you Madison27AA. I am waiting for site cut to happen. If it is 36hrs they mush have received the permit by now. Cool
Nice....from here it should be fairly quick.....
Signed our tender on Wednesday, was pretty straightforward and took just two hours to complete, although that didn't stop me from getting a ticket

We were fortunate to get a copy of the tender document beforehand as my better half couldn't attend the appointment due to illness. The tender presenter has also built the Madison 30 for herself so she was kind enough to show me photos of her home and give me some great details about living in it.

There has been quite a bit of activity on our street and the two blocks next door to us have begun excavation as well as two more on the opposite side of the road.

Hopefully we'll be joining them soon.
Related
20/10/2023
Contact information for fencing

Landscape & Garden Design

We are at the stage on our build in Kilcoy, Queensland where we need to get our fencing installed but we cant get any contact details for our neighbours to give them…

18/09/2023
General questions about building before I go to my builder

Building A New House

You should check your detail drawings, it may show downpipe within brick pier.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum