Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Metricon Sentosa 52 Modified

Page 12 of 24

Will list out the issues later tonight. Disappointing. πŸ˜”
Really coming along now, looking fantastic.

Gorgeous lights for your void, and those stairs are a real show stopper.

Stunning
Blacktea2sugars
Really coming along now, looking fantastic.

Gorgeous lights for your void, and those stairs are a real show stopper.

Stunning

Thanks so much! I can't wait to move in! haha

Here are some of the items I picked up:

1. Outdoor lighting 1st floor balcony not in the middle as per the plan. Looks like it would be easier to just add a second down light as opposed to moving it?
2. Ground Powder room missing light 40mm from ground
3. Door handles still present for cupboards above fridge
4. External bricks with really rough texture that just developed I think
5. Skylight in master ensuite is not clear
6. The door handles are not glossy and are brushed metal instead
7. Speaker cable connections in sitting room (I'm assuming it's still being installed?)
8. The switch for the cooktop exhaust, is it supposed to be in the middle? It looks terrible
9. Shelves in the butler's panty are not the laminate I chose, I had requested for them to be the same colour as the top cabinets
10. Toilet roll holder for master ensuite should be on the opposite wall as per our last discussion.
11. There's still some power points missing from the bar area?
12. Light sensor is for step lights, it should be on top of the staircase, It looks to be above the common corridor instead, will it still work for the stairs?
13. Dark tiles in ensuite shower have overshot. This is such a glaring mistake. so annoyed
14. There's damage to the sliding door to the master ensuite
15. Parents ensuite window change is still outstanding
16. Floating shelf for powder room still has the lip
The biggest mistake I found

17. The pergola are all supposed to be level/symmetrical

Damn! Should be interesting to see what they say/do about the pergola heights.
dulie

Yeah, cause that would be quite a fix no? Framing, maybe bricks, rending and paint. Ouch.

I wonder if it'll delay the handover date.
Freak_Zombie
dulie

Yeah, cause that would be quite a fix no? Framing, maybe bricks, rending and paint. Ouch.

I wonder if it'll delay the handover date.

It's a pain in the butt, but nothing too outrageous to fix. They just knock out the metal beam supporting the bricks and move it to correct height, re-brick, render and repaint. Perhaps a good chance to slip the tradie painter some cash and repaint the whole lot to a not so blue grey.
Hmmm good point. I'm still shocked that they could make a mistake like this. I'm no architect nor an expert nor a builder so I might be missing something but surely it's clear that that was a mistake.

Also would love to get the input of people here. For my dining room. I'm torn between these two lights, one is about $300 and the other is $900.

Which one do you think is best?

$900 (has 14 globes) but might look better because of the smokey globes and it's longer at 1.5 meters:

https://www.beaconlighting.com.au/orion-14-light-pendant-in-black-smoke

$300 (has 16 globes) is only 90cm long:

IMO it would depend on the length of your dining table otherwise might be overkill to go with the 1500mm light.

But they are both very speccy.
Bebbsy
IMO it would depend on the length of your dining table otherwise might be overkill to go with the 1500mm light.

It would be above my kitchen Island. If I remember correctly my island is about 2.8 meters long?
Freak_Zombie
Bebbsy

It would be above my kitchen Island. If I remember correctly my island is about 2.8 meters long?

In that case, I think option 1 would look better - sorry to go with the more expensive one!! But you definitely want the light distributed right across your island.
shokel1975
Freak_Zombie
Bebbsy

In that case, I think option 1 would look better - sorry to go with the more expensive one!! But you definitely want the light distributed right across your island.

I agree larger on is better
Damn, was hoping to save $600 but I agree with you guys. It would look better. How much do kidneys go for now a days?
Freak_Zombie
Damn, was hoping to save $600 but I agree with you guys. It would look better. How much do kidneys go for now a days?

Haha! it definitely gets like that doesn't it. Just think.... you will soon forget about the $600, but you will be in your kitchen every day, and you will be looking at that gorgeous light every day.... it is worth the extra $$
M
I hope so! $600 can pay for quite a bit of things. Haha

Had a look at my place this weekend. More mistakes galore 😍

The island bench top has a nasty line joint across the middle. Is that normal?

Also it's supposed to wrap around the front. There's an ugly gap. What were they thinking?
In what world would I need a space at that corner?

Also the bench top is supposed to go all the way to the floor. I'm seriously hoping they don't do another joint there?

They didn't fix the tiling for the master. Now the glass partition is up and it looks terrible since the black tile goes beyond the glass partitioning.

My garage doors are in!

There was a clearance sale near my neighbourhood. $90 each. Couldn't resist and got 8 dining chairs first. Would love to get your input on the chairs too guys 😊

How long is the bench
Do you have your kitchen cabinet drawings? How is it there? Is it squared and to the ground? If not the same they need to pul it out and redo it
aussman80
Do you have your kitchen cabinet drawings? How is it there? Is it squared and to the ground? If not the same they need to pul it out and redo it

Yup squared and to the ground. I don't understand, arent floorplans easy to follow? I'm no expert or architect...
I totally agree with you, kitchen is a mess. What were they thinking? Also you should check if the stone is level. They need to pull it out and start again. On drawings usually makes a statement about joins but this is way too big a fill in gap. Can't be acceptable.

Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All πŸ™‚ We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum