Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Inspired Homes/Como Homes - Handover

Page 12 of 14
Manj
Clareymoo
Manj
Oh no @claremoo, but on the flip side you will have almost 99% completed house at PCI

We have had delays too so I doubt we’ll be having PCI around 10th .. I’d rather have all things fixed before PCI and have a completed house

The 10th is not far away at all. Yes we've waited so long for this house a few more days here or there won't hurt. Como have to star paying us as of 6th May so I think they'll do everything to make sure we have the keys before then.

Did PCI go ahead yesterday clareymoo hope it went well

Yes! Let me update
Week 35

So PCI went ahead on Wednesday. We went through and our inspector went through after. We found 41 items, our inspector found 45. I haven't compared lists yet but I would guess maybe 50 or 60 - a lot of them small and easy repair, cleaning, touch ups etc.

Major issues are:

Minor include paint defects, doors not hanging straight and so not latching, ceiling insulation batts have been moved.

At this stage we hope hand over will be on the 17th and then we need to get our flooring guys in so we can move in.
Clareymoo
Week 35

So PCI went ahead on Wednesday. We went through and our inspector went through after. We found 41 items, our inspector found 45. I haven't compared lists yet but I would guess maybe 50 or 60 - a lot of them small and easy repair, cleaning, touch ups etc.

Major issues are:

• Render on the facade - the colour on the top of the parapet was wrong. It's already been fixed we saw on our drive by today
  • Mortar between the bricks on the front of the house changes colour about half way up. It's really noticeable but SS said it can be fixed. Maybe not before handover but will be fixed
  • Downpipes above the garage are not installed and the gutter is holding water
  • French doors are sticking and scraping
  • Inadequate draining to the side and back of the house
  • Wall plaster is exposed above the garage door

Minor include paint defects, doors not hanging straight and so not latching, ceiling insulation batts have been moved.

At this stage we hope hand over will be on the 17th and then we need to get our flooring guys in so we can move in.

Oh wow !! That’s a long list.. any particular reason you choose to get you inspector go after you went through PCI?

We are having couple of issues with they are refusing to fix .. it’s their design issues but they think it’s okay and not an issue
not happy atm

Manj
Clareymoo
Week 35

Major issues are:

• Render on the facade - the colour on the top of the parapet was wrong. It's already been fixed we saw on our drive by today
  • Mortar between the bricks on the front of the house changes colour about half way up. It's really noticeable but SS said it can be fixed. Maybe not before handover but will be fixed

Oh wow !! That’s a long list.. any particular reason you choose to get you inspector go after you went through PCI?

We are having couple of issues with they are refusing to fix .. it’s their design issues but they think it’s okay and not an issue
not happy atm

Oh our guy was meant to go through in the morning but the SS forgot and wasnt there to meet him *eye roll*

Stand your ground! Politely of course but don't back down.
Clareymoo
Manj
Clareymoo
Week 35

Major issues are:

not happy atm

Oh our guy was meant to go through in the morning but the SS forgot and wasnt there to meet him *eye roll*

Stand your ground! Politely of course but don't back down.

Thanks Clareymoo, so have a look they don’t think the en-suite door hitting the toilet is an issue or the architraves in laundry has to be fitted in 2 parts because the landrybench is in its way

Manj

Thanks Clareymoo, so have a look they don’t think the en-suite door hitting the toilet is an issue or the architraves in laundry has to be fitted in 2 parts because the landrybench is in its way

HI Manj, sorry I read this last week then got distracted. The joys of having kids. I agree those doors are stupid. Have they said anything about it this week? To keep them like that you would want door stoppers in the floor, might be OK for the ensuite but not the laundry.
Week 36

We went past the block today and the painters were there doing their touch ups. I am sick so stayed in the car but hubby said not a lot has changed inside. The render on the front has been fixed and a down pipe added to the garage where it was missing. The follow up Occupancy Certificate inspection is on Tuesday so hopefully we will have that on Wednesday and then we just need the bank to do their thing. I don't think we will be moving Easter weekend but maybe during the week after. Need to start packing!
Clareymoo
Manj

HI Manj, sorry I read this last week then got distracted. The joys of having kids. I agree those doors are stupid. Have they said anything about it this week? To keep them like that you would want door stoppers in the floor, might be OK for the ensuite but not the laundry.

Lol! Totally understand Clareymoo! School holidays is so exhausting

No they haven’t said anything ... I’m going to mark it at PCI as something I’m unhappy about ..
we had our inspector do an inspection .. a 161 pager .. there’s a lot of fixing to occur ... PCI booked for 18 th ... I highly doubt let see what happens
Manj
Clareymoo
Manj

Lol! Totally understand Clareymoo! School holidays is so exhausting

No they haven’t said anything ... I’m going to mark it at PCI as something I’m unhappy about ..
we had our inspector do an inspection .. a 161 pager .. there’s a lot of fixing to occur ... PCI booked for 18 th ... I highly doubt let see what happens

Oof 161 pages. Holy moly. I would totally expect PCI to be pushed out.
Week 37

No real action from Como this week. Some small fixes - concrete touch ups at the front of the garage, extra drainage around the back, one of the wardrobe doors replaced. Some lovely tradies have left skid marks in the toilets though

Our SS is pretty cool and has allowed us to have our external flooring install done before handover during this down time - both carpet and vinyl tiles are being installed by our friends so I think that swayed him a little. The carpet is in and looking very nice. The tiles are under way however our friend has been doing a lot of prep work to the slab and has been sick so the actual tiles will be laid this week.

Fencing has started and we have our driveway pour booked in as well (both external to Como).

We have a hand over date in writing of 3rd May so less than 2 weeks to go till we're in!

Week 38

Minimal action from Como this week due to our SS having another week off and Easter/Anzac public holidays. Suited us fine as it gave our friend time to lay our vinyl tiles really well. He ground the concrete perfectly flat and even, added extra concrete in the door ways so you dont have to step down onto the floors - think your front door where there is a bit of a step from the threshold to the floor, ours is ramped and so the flooring flows immediately from the threshold - and laid our tile beautifully. He is almost done will finish the kid zone tomorrow and will lay the stairs after we move in. Also a rather large crack has shown up after grinding which we will flag with Como. Have had our inspector look at the photos of it and he said it's OK as long as it's the only one and to check the tiles often to see if they are moving or cracking.

Handover is this Friday (eep!) I don't think they will want to push it out any further as the following Monday they hit the contract days and will have to start paying us. Will call my SS tomorrow for final confirmation and then confirm our movers etc for all systems go to move in on Friday. Have started packing finally this weekend and will have our driveway poured on Saturday. Bank is good to go with payment they just need the COO and can then make payment same day.

Grinding the slab, it was so filthy

The crack!

Our beautiful tiles
Lovely tiles! clareymoo I so hope you get your gorgeous home soon
Clareymoo
Week 37

No real action from Como this week. Some small fixes - concrete touch ups at the front of the garage, extra drainage around the back, one of the wardrobe doors replaced. Some lovely tradies have left skid marks in the toilets though

Our SS is pretty cool and has allowed us to have our external flooring install done before handover during this down time - both carpet and vinyl tiles are being installed by our friends so I think that swayed him a little. The carpet is in and looking very nice. The tiles are under way however our friend has been doing a lot of prep work to the slab and has been sick so the actual tiles will be laid this week.

Fencing has started and we have our driveway pour booked in as well (both external to Como).

We have a hand over date in writing of 3rd May so less than 2 weeks to go till we're in!

Nice carpet ...we have gone with a similar colour.....
Manj
Clareymoo
Week 37

Dark colours to hide pet and kid spills lol

Hand over moved to next week
SS was on leave so the tradies decided not to do any work .. a-holes
Clareymoo
Manj
Clareymoo
Week 37

Dark colours to hide pet and kid spills lol

Hand over moved to next week
SS was on leave so the tradies decided not to do any work .. a-holes

clareymoo you'll get there soon ...fingers crossed ...maybe the trades will work over the weekend ...
Hi clareymoo! We have just signed our contract with inspired homes so very excited! Hoping you can answer a quick question for me plz! Did they include or install any heating or cooling systems for you? If so what did they use and at what extra cost?

Thanks!
blondd87
Hi clareymoo! We have just signed our contract with inspired homes so very excited! Hoping you can answer a quick question for me plz! Did they include or install any heating or cooling systems for you? If so what did they use and at what extra cost?

Thanks!

Hi Blondd, sorry for the late reply. We have a Brivis heating unit installed. Not sure of the model but I will let you know next week after handover and I have the manual with me. I think they add the unit base on heating needs - ours has 11 vents. Cooling is not included, we will be getting split systems installed before summer.
Week 39

Bits of action this week. Our tiler continued his work and Como have had some rectification works completed. A&L have been but they still need to come back. A carpenter came as well to close the manholes. I'm sure some other stuff went on as well.

I went out on Friday afternoon to check out progress from our fencer and our driveway pour (concrete was delayed so now we need to delay them till the weekend after we move, if they pour this week then there will be no way for our movers to get our stuff in as the back doors are now not accessible due to fences) and bumped in to our SS. He assured me 100% that handover will be this Friday 10th May. He has booked appliance install and is happy for us to go ahead with confirming movers and providing notice to our estate agent. 5 sleeps to go!!
Clareymoo
blondd87

Thanks!

Hi Blondd, sorry for the late reply. We have a Brivis heating unit installed. Not sure of the model but I will let you know next week after handover and I have the manual with me. I think they add the unit base on heating needs - ours has 11 vents. Cooling is not included, we will be getting split systems installed before summer.

Thanks so much for the reply!
We have our first planning meeting next week to go through our floor plan and design with the builder! Which plan did you use or did you.custom design???
blondd87
Clareymoo
blondd87

Thanks!

Thanks so much for the reply!
We have our first planning meeting next week to go through our floor plan and design with the builder! Which plan did you use or did you.custom design???

Oh so exciting, Andrew is easy to talk to and has a lot of good ideas I hope it goes well for you. We started with the Franklin design, the front of the house is true to this floor plan except the theatre room is a bedroom, but we had to shorten it a bit and really re-arrange from about the laundry back.
Related
12/09/2023
Can a variation dispute hold up handover?

Building A New House

yes it does, you've just not understood it. theres a difference.

13/11/2023
Key Handover

General Discussion

Your house should come in "as new" condition. It should be clean, and without stains

10/05/2024
Final Invoice and Key Handover

Building A New House

Hi Need to read your contract about when final payment is received. Clearly outlines what happens. In vic, known defects or incomplete work must be completed before…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum