Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Trinity Lux Q1 - Plantation Homes QLD

Page 12 of 13
Pool started today - we chose to go with Narellan and it was craned over:

Nice! Keep us updated on its progress

Mec06
JAMBY
Amazing house! I love it when people pull their vision off perfectly! Just had a question re. the kitchen/dining/living space - your plan said it’s about 12 metres which is the same length as the custom plan I’m currently working on finalising and I was nervous about doing the ‘all in a row’ layout and just wanted to know if the space feels plenty large enough to fit a large dining table and lounge setup comfortably? Or if you would change anything? It looks perfect from the pictures

Thank you! Nah I wouldnt change anything (at least not yet)! Our furniture is all being delivered tomorrow so I’ll take some photos for you so you can get an idea of the space.

That would be awesome. I guess the furnitures the real test isn’t it haha. We have pretty large furniture from our existing house so I feel a bit of pressure...can’t just go buy a new lounge to fit if I get it all wrong
seeing houses like yours reassured me though as I think it looks fantastic.

Hi Mec06, we have our colour selection next week and still undecided on the floor. Our wall and ceiling colours are similar to yours (Tranquil Retreat greyish and White). I want to have looselay Dover vinyl for the flooring but a bit scared that it might be too dark. Did it make your house feel more compact or small? And what's your feedback on the Dover flooring? Thanks.
Ynnie
Hi Mec06, we have our colour selection next week and still undecided on the floor. Our wall and ceiling colours are similar to yours (Tranquil Retreat greyish and White). I want to have looselay Dover vinyl for the flooring but a bit scared that it might be too dark. Did it make your house feel more compact or small? And what's your feedback on the Dover flooring? Thanks.

We love our floor and definitely don’t feel like it made the house feel small. It’s definitely a bold flooring though. We have a lot of natural night, the floor plan is very open and it’s a big space so I’m sure that helps. We find it makes the rooms feel more warm especially since we have such a cool colour palette.

Mec06
Ynnie

We love our floor and definitely don’t feel like it made the house feel small. It’s definitely a bold flooring though. We have a lot of natural night, the floor plan is very open and it’s a big space so I’m sure that helps. We find it makes the rooms feel more warm especially since we have such a cool colour palette.

Thanks for your feedback
Hi mec06

Beautiful house you have got there... I love all the selections.

We are also building in Canberra and probably have the same color palette as yours in the house.
I had a question.

Do you have a picture which could show the back side of your island where the stools go? Against your floors?

I have black, brown and white kitchen and dark floor, tranquil retreat walls and now struggling as to what color should be the back of island. Since your floors are also dark so wanted to see whether you have put black there or white?

Thanks in advance
Mec06
Ynnie

Congratulations on your beautiful home.

Love your selections and would die for that dark brown floor but too much dust where we are building and we have a white haired dog, so not a good option for us unfortunately.

Now you have been in your house for a while is there anything you may have done differently?
Taniaimran
Hi mec06

We are also building in Canberra and probably have the same color palette as yours in the house.
I had a question.

Do you have a picture which could show the back side of your island where the stools go? Against your floors?

I have black, brown and white kitchen and dark floor, tranquil retreat walls and now struggling as to what color should be the back of island. Since your floors are also dark so wanted to see whether you have put black there or white?

Thanks in advance

Hi! I have an Instagram with a ton more pictures this might help? It’s @newhomedream the back of the island is white same as the cupboards

Bebbsy
Mec06
Ynnie

Congratulations on your beautiful home.

Love your selections and would die for that dark brown floor but too much dust where we are building and we have a white haired dog, so not a good option for us unfortunately.

Now you have been in your house for a while is there anything you may have done differently?

Hello!

We have 2 little inside dogs, 1 is white and the other a light brown and the floors arnt nearly as bad as I wAs expecting, our previous white tiles I thought were much much worse showing dust and mess.

No I don’t think we’d do anything different, kind of wish I’d splurged for the shaker cabinetry in the kitchen & butlers but it was outside our budget at the time.

Mec06
Taniaimran
Hi mec06

I had a question.

Thanks in advance

Hi! I have an Instagram with a ton more pictures this might help? It’s @newhomedream the back of the island is white same as the cupboards

Hi again,

I just saw your insta and i am absolutely loving your house and pool is amazing

love every bit of the hard work you ahve done:)

Would you be able to tell me the size of your pool and did you need an approval for it?
Taniaimran
Mec06
Taniaimran
Hi mec06

I had a question.

Thanks in advance

Hi again,

I just saw your insta and i am absolutely loving your house and pool is amazing

love every bit of the hard work you ahve done:)

Would you be able to tell me the size of your pool and did you need an approval for it?

Thank you - it’s 7x4m - do you mean approval by our builder or council? The pool company applies to council and we just advised builder if where we wanted it and they advised of distances required from house to avoid additional costs for piering.

What were the distances to avoid piering?
mrcrawford
What were the distances to avoid piering?

I’ve seen different people be told various amounts from other builders, for us though it was 2.7m
Hi again Mec06

I have a couple of questions for you if you could help.

1- we selected a dark brown hybrid vinyl flooring from karndean which is a shade lighter to your Dover.

Just wondering what color of carpets you used? I have my walls half strength tranquil retreat and vivid white on the skirting and curling and doors.
Appreciate if you could share yours and also if you could attach a picture.

2- about the pool pier, did they tell you what dimensions didn’t require piers?

Thanks
Mec06
Hi Everyone!

I decided to start my own thread after reading through so many others. This forum has been a gold mine, so I thought I would give back to hopefully help others.

Earlier last year we went to contract on a 630m2 block in Brisbane, the land will hopefully register and settle in December.
We just finished selling our existing home, have moved in with the parentals to save extra $$$ and are full stream ahead in planning our dream home.

We had narrowed down our initial home choices to:
- Stylemaster - Piazza 39FB
- Plantation either the Trinity or Eclipse
- Clarendon - Crestmead 40

We originally decided to go with Stylemaster, the Piazza is a beautiful home and they had a great offer. The floor plan was great, we didn't love it, but felt for the most part we could work with it. We were mostly happy with the initial quote as whilst it was the most expensive we justified the price as they had a good level of inclusions and thier homes seemed to be of a very high quality. Unfortunately, as we got to tender 5 we realised that it just wasn't working and as the price creeped higher for things that seemed like they shouldn't cost that much we decided to part ways. Stylemaster offered to refund our $3K which was a pleasant surprise.

Back to the drawing board.. we initially loved Plantation, especially the Trinity and after viewing it again we knew it was the home for us! The next day we happily parted with our cash to Plantation and now here we are!

We made a couple of changes to the floor plan, nothing major and all options Plantation already offered:
- extending rumpus to the grand rumpus option
- extending alfresco to the grand alfresco
- adding a spa to the ensuite
- adding cavity sliding doors to theatre
- adding door to study
- adding door to pantry opening inside the butlers pantry
- butters pantry cabinetry, sink, bench top and overhead cupboards
- laundry cabinetry
- we also deleted 3 windows which were in awkward places and not needed.

Current timeline:
1. Signed Sales Agreement - May 2016
2. Tender Appointment (1st tender) - 11 October 2016
3. Tender 2 and Plans - 3 November 2016
4. Tender 3 and plans - December 2016
5. Contract signed - 22 December 2016
6. Colours & electrical appointment - 18 January 2017!
7. PVC - February 2017
8. Final Plans - March 2017
9. Handed to Site - 11 April 2017
I have a similar experience with Stylemaster. The variations (nothing special- just to display home standard) doubled the price so we’re now thinking that Plantation Majestic is a better option.

Taniaimran
Hi again Mec06

I have a couple of questions for you if you could help.

1- we selected a dark brown hybrid vinyl flooring from karndean which is a shade lighter to your Dover.

Just wondering what color of carpets you used? I have my walls half strength tranquil retreat and vivid white on the skirting and curling and doors.
Appreciate if you could share yours and also if you could attach a picture.

2- about the pool pier, did they tell you what dimensions didn’t require piers?

Thanks

We chose a light grey carpet, in reality it turned out to be quite beige and we hate it. I can’t wait to get rid of it. Wish I’d gone a mid to dark grey, not charcoal but definitely darker.

From what I’ve seen with pool piering it seems to be drifferent for a few people with what their builder tells them. We were told 2.7m

qanda
I have a similar experience with Stylemaster. The variations (nothing special- just to display home standard) doubled the price so we’re now thinking that Plantation Majestic is a better option.

I’m so so glad we didn’t build with them, such a terrible experience. We were pretty happy with plantation overall. I love the majestic, great plan

That’s good to know. They have definitely been the most helpful and transparent. Even had the site supervisor visit our property to take measurements and offer advice. Most of the others wanted fees first. The site is unusual for them as even though it’s much bigger than usual, it’s in an older area on a wide waterfront with a narrow frontage. Most of the other bulk builders wanted fee to provide a detailed quote or drawings but there was no issue with Plantation. We won’t be able to see a Majestic built until July so will probably wait for that.

Related
5/09/2023
QLD Owner Builder Legislation.

General Discussion

Hi all. Anyone know when the $11,000 limit was set in legislation for renovations in QLD? Ive been renovating for 5 years now and this was the limit back then. As we know,…

15/02/2024
QLD - Builder finished without notifying Building Certifier

General Discussion

Hi, I contracted a Builder to do a Garage to Bedroom + ensuite conversion (Class 1a), the Builder engaged the Certifier and Engineer and received BDA from the Certifier…

5/03/2024
Looking for the perfect design - 2 storey in Qld

Building A New House

We used a smaller qld builder who went bankrupt about 12 months after completion of ours. It was a shame as they were good and relatively cheap and I would have used…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum