Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Colour questions?

Page 12 of 20
msresearcher
Am thinking taubmans crisp white for render and monument for cladding.

LOL!!! remind me again, I've put my back out, in a bit of again at this stage....
Hi Michelle,

I really need some help with exterior colour selections as I not sure if my current colour selection will look good. The colours that I have chosen are:

Main render - Taubmans Tahira white
Second render for two walls (one on the front and second on the side facing street) - shale grey
Cement sheet parapet border at the top (approx. 1 metre in height, surrounding three sides of the house except at the back) - Oil shale
Garage and main door - shale grey

I am bit nervous that Tahira white might be too white with lot of glare especially from the backyard which is North and West facing. The house front is south east facing.

The second set of colours that I am thinking are -

Main render - surfmist
Two feature walls - shale grey
Garage and door - basalt
Top cement sheeting - basalt

I believe the second option will give a good contrasting effect with darker garage and main door, but not sure if I should change main render from Tahira white to surfmist?

Roof, gutters, windows are all monument and can not be changed as these are being installed right now.

It would be great if you help please, I am totally confused!

Thank you so much,
Moh
Michelle
msresearcher

LOL!!! remind me again, I've put my back out, in a bit of again at this stage....

Hi Michelle,

I really need some help with exterior colour selections as I am not sure if my current colour selection will look good. The colours that I have chosen are:

Second render for two walls (one on the front and second on the side facing street) - shale grey
Cement sheet parapet border at the top (approx. 1 metre in height, surrounding three sides of the house except at the back) - Oil shale

I am bit nervous that Tahira white might be too white with lot of glare especially from the backyard which is North and West facing. The house front is south east facing.

Main render - surfmist
Garage and door - basalt

I believe the second option will give a good contrasting effect with darker garage and main door, but not sure if I should change main render from Tahira white to surfmist?

Roof, gutters, windows are all monument and can not be changed as these are being installed right now.

It would be great if you can help me please, I am totally confused!

Thank you so much,
Moh
Mohe
Michelle
msresearcher

Hi Michelle,

I really need some help with exterior colour selections as I am not sure if my current colour selection will look good. The colours that I have chosen are:

Main render - surfmist
Garage and door - basalt

It would be great if you can help me please, I am totally confused!

Thank you so much,
Moh

I'll try and look at this tonight for you.
I'm about to start a big project, so I'll get this sorted first.
Hi Michelle,

I am currently building a 2 storey French style home.
I’m wondering if you can help me with my colour choice of render and an external tile colour that will match well.

My 2 choices so far are either Dulux pipe clay or Dulux white exchange. Im after quite a light coloured render but nothing to bright. What are your thoughts on these colours please? Also Would a light cream/beige/ sand outdoor tile match these Render colours? As I like a lightish coloured tile but scared it might clash with walls. Please help.

Kind regards, Natasha
tasha13
Hi Michelle,

I am currently building a 2 storey French style home.
I’m wondering if you can help me with my colour choice of render and an external tile colour that will match well.

My 2 choices so far are either Dulux pipe clay or Dulux white exchange. Im after quite a light coloured render but nothing to bright. What are your thoughts on these colours please? Also Would a light cream/beige/ sand outdoor tile match these Render colours? As I like a lightish coloured tile but scared it might clash with walls. Please help.

Kind regards, Natasha

I'd go slightly darker with the tiles, purely as they will show dirt if too light.
Paint colours look good!

www.denovoconcepts.com

Michelle

Thanks Michelle. I have selected Colorbond Basalt for the garage, main door and cement sheets parapet along the roof line. I have Shale Grey render colour for the two feature walls on the ground floor. But I am still deciding between Taubmans Tahira White and Surfmist for the main render colour for both floors. I am looking for a colour that contrasts well with basalt and shale grey, but I am bit nervous that Tahira white might look too white and bright. Please help.

Thank you so much..
Mohe
Michelle

Thanks Michelle. I have selected Colorbond Basalt for the garage, main door and cement sheets parapet along the roof line. I have Shale Grey render colour for the two feature walls on the ground floor. But I am still deciding between Taubmans Tahira White and Surfmist for the main render colour for both floors. I am looking for a colour that contrasts well with basalt and shale grey, but I am bit nervous that Tahira white might look too white and bright. Please help.

Thank you so much..

Hi, I actually did make a reply last night, not sure where that has gone?

I did agree with colour selection 2 and to go with Surfmist, whites are too bright for externals walls that why Surfmist is so popular its light without the glare.
Hope you get this reply.....
Michelle
Mohe
Michelle

Thank you so much..

I did agree with colour selection 2 and to go with Surfmist, whites are too bright for externals walls that why Surfmist is so popular its light without the glare.

Thanks Michelle. Can I go with Surfmist half strength then for more contrasting effect with basalt and shale grey? My house front is south east facing so thought that Surfmist full strength might look slightly dark in shade.

Thanks a lot..
Michelle

Thanks Michelle.

Reposting this question again and removed the previously embedded responses to be sure that I don't miss your reply again. I have just started using this site so still figuring out how this site works.

Can I go with Surfmist half strength then for more contrasting effect with basalt and shale grey? My house front is south east facing so thought that Surfmist full strength might look slightly dark in shade.

I hope the Surfmist half strength will not look chalky.

Thanks a lot..[/quote]
Michelle

Thanks Michelle.

Reposting this question again and removed the previously embedded responses to be sure that I don't miss your reply again. I have just started using this site so still figuring out how this site works.

Can I go with Surfmist half strength then for more contrasting effect with basalt and shale grey? My house front is south east facing so thought that Surfmist full strength might look slightly dark in shade.

Thanks a lot..[/quote]
Mohe
Michelle

Thanks Michelle.

Thanks a lot..

[/quote] OMG.... I did reply this, this morning, what's with Homeone!

Surfmist full is perfect, if you go half strength you are getting closer to white again.

Michelle
OMG.... I did reply this, this morning, what's with Homeone!

Surfmist full is perfect, if you go half strength you are getting closer to white again.

Ok, thanks for your help, Michelle. 😊
Hi Michelle

I have a question on whites that I'm hoping you can help with. We are building a modern-style home - half the house has a cathedral roof/ceiling, which is in Monument. The other half is boxy and the gutters are in surfmist (roof not visible). The obvious external paint choice is surfmist (texure coat), as it will match the gutters excactly, but I'm just not sold on it (and have looked at a few in real life) - I think we want something 'whiter'. I have seen a few houses with Monument roof and Leixon half external walls, which I really like. Question is - do you think the contrast between the Surfmist gutters and Lexicon half walls would be too obvious?

Thanks!
Jenny
So sorry for my distance from the forum.
I live in Nowra NSW where the fires where bad. It's been a tough start to the year!
I will be in tomorrow morning if anyone has any questions.

http://www.denovoconcepts.com

Hi Michelle,

Sorry to hear about the fires. I hope you, your family and property are all ok.

I would love some advice regarding paint colour for the cladding amd eaves on my new build. My choices so far are:
Bricks: Adbri Ebony
Roof & gutters: Basalt Colourbond
Fascia: Shale grey
Window frames: shale grey
Garage door: shale grey.

What would you suggest for the cladding and eaves and would you do these in the same colour (if its a light colour) or a different colour. The cladding is around the garage and wraps around to be on the wall before the front door. It’s also on another part of the facade as you can see in the pic.

Thanks so much!
Melissa

Melissa.b
Hi Michelle,

I would love some advice regarding paint colour for the cladding amd eaves on my new build. My choices so far are:

What would you suggest for the cladding and eaves and would you do these in the same colour (if its a light colour) or a different colour. The cladding is around the garage and wraps around to be on the wall before the front door. It’s also on another part of the facade as you can see in the pic.

Thanks so much!
Melissa

Good morning Melissa.
Thank you, all is good here with my family and I.

Quick question, what colour are you doing the posts,beam and front door?

Michelle
Michelle
Melissa.b
Hi Michelle,

Thanks so much!
Melissa

Good morning Melissa.

Michelle

Fornt door will have a shale grey frame and then just a large glass panel.

Posts and beams i hadn’t even thought about! The builders have just said we’ll decide once the bricks etc are up.
Michelle
Melissa.b
Hi Michelle,

Thanks so much!
Melissa

Good morning Melissa.

Michelle

Ok,

I would recommend a lighter colour than the other selections.

White for your eaves
Surfmist for the posts, beam and cladding.

Have fun,

Michelle

Thanks Michelle! I didn’t know that the colourbond colours were also paint colours so that’s great
Related
13/09/2023
decoration and colour questions

Interior Decorating Lounge

Thanks for that! Yeah, I was thinking timber front door.

7/07/2023
Retaining wall questions

Landscape & Garden Design

Not sure what council area you are in. Some LGA's allow zero lot retaining walls. This usually occurs in greenfield developments but not often in established areas. You…

2/09/2023
Questions to ask a builder before you begin?

Building A New House

Ardo That is so funny! I wonder how many people know who Larry Haun is these days. I have a couple of young guys we call Mo 1 & Mo 2 who run a crew of 6 boys and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum