Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our Glendale 39 - Metricon (Blackwood Park, SA)

Page 12 of 16
Wow had no idea that it can change that much!

So much progress, do you know when they stop for the Christmas break?
meshelf
Wow had no idea that it can change that much!

So much progress, do you know when they stop for the Christmas break?

Metricon will close next Friday but the brickie will work over the holiday. Our SS will back to work on 9th Jan.
more and more bricks are being laid..also the solar hot water system is being installed. Tradies are aiming to finish the brick by next Friday:) There are a lot more bricks than I thought..

SS advised us they wouldn't do brick infill for our outdoor stacker doors because there's not much space to support the 3.9m long steel beam over the stackers. He said the office engineer calculated in an impractical way. Rather than the brick, he said we will have aluminum board over the stackers and the colour will match and blend in together..i hope they will look nice but now hubby and I are thinking about whether we should ask for the $800 credit back which we paid for infill over stackers.
From the side.

From the back of garage

Front of garage

Garage Interior

Outdoor

Back of the house
Yes, I would definitely ask for a credit back! Those brick infills aren't cheap...

Yup, I'd definitely ask for money back for things they charge yet can't provide. It's principle!
katmeow01
tungfai
katmeow01
Hi all,
We have just signed our land contract this week in the same estate. Looks like we are just around the corner from you tungfai, I can see our block in some of your pictures.
Thanks to meshelf for pointing out this thread I will be watching everyone's progress whilst we are sitting in the settlement period.

congratulations katmeow!!! Nice to see you building around, I love guessing people's block ? if you can give me more hint. hahaa

It's a pretty easy one. The builders can't do official contours or soil reports until they remove the current worksite office from the block.

Does that help?

heyheyhey,, the office has been removed today!!! Officially a vacant land?
tungfai
katmeow01
tungfai
[quote="katmeow01"]Hi all,
We have just signed our land contract this week in the same estate. Looks like we are just around the corner from you tungfai, I can see our block in some of your pictures.
Thanks to meshelf for pointing out this thread I will be watching everyone's progress whilst we are sitting in the settlement period.

congratulations katmeow!!! Nice to see you building around, I love guessing people's block ? if you can give me more hint. hahaa

It's a pretty easy one. The builders can't do official contours or soil reports until they remove the current worksite office from the block.

Does that help?

heyheyhey,, the office has been removed today!!! Officially a vacant land😁[/quote]
Thanks for the notice, we will pop up for a look over the weekend

TF, just noticed your garage has bricks inside. Is that in the standard?

I love your roof colour. What is it?

beac_faith

I think it is standard because we didn't pay extra. I don't think they will do whole garage internal, only the front bits.

TF
Vantage_35
I love your roof colour. What is it?

Thanks Vantage, it is colorbond Basalt, kind of a medium dark grey ?
tungfai
beac_faith

I think it is standard because we didn't pay extra. I don't think they will do whole garage internal, only the front bits.

TF

It's interesting! Ours is just plaster.

Hi TF, how's progress on your site?

beac_faith

Happy new year beac
!!! Not much progress for us, everyone's on holiday, just a little bit more bricks being laid. I think they have done 85% on brickwork, however I recieved the invoice ?
Happy new year tungfai! We will be joining you on the building adventure mid January - finally

meshelf
Happy new year tungfai! We will be joining you on the building adventure mid January - finally

yayyyy!!! Make sure you post lots of pictures
Did they say how long is your built?
tungfai
beac_faith

Happy new year beac
!!! Not much progress for us, everyone's on holiday, just a little bit more bricks being laid. I think they have done 85% on brickwork, however I recieved the invoice

Happy New Year TF! Do you have bricks on top floor too?

beac_faith
tungfai
beac_faith

Happy new year beac
!!! Not much progress for us, everyone's on holiday, just a little bit more bricks being laid. I think they have done 85% on brickwork, however I recieved the invoice

Happy New Year TF! Do you have bricks on top floor too?

Three days ago when we went up there - nope.
Will go again tomorrow, hopefully the brick have been done by now...at least more have been done
Are your bricks Austral pepper?

Related
13/06/2024
What are our rights with our draftsman and the completion of

Building A New House

I second taking your plans elsewhere. They're yours (unless you ended up in one of those cheaper arrangements where you don't own the rights and the build will be tendered…

13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum