Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who's building in Capestone, Mango Hill ?

Page 12 of 12
Thanks Narbe. I am checking if the guys could only do wiring and I can get the downlights fixed later. Let me see how this step goes in.

Cheers,
Kishore.
Hi everyone. We just purchased a lot in Lakeside release. Is there anyone else?
We are choosing a builder and thinking of going with Bold after our positive impression with Ilse. Has anyone built with Bold?
I am currently building with them, they are good value for money.

However I am having some issues at this current time, nothing that can't be rectified, but I will with-hold fully recommending them depending on their actions.

In any case I have heard they are the better ones out of the volume builders?

I think its all up to the SS you get.
It is such a big hit and miss isn’t it? We will be meeting them tomorrow to put down the deposit. My manager’s husband is a builder and she said he would be more than happy to help us inspect the work done before we sign it off. I read someone said he had some issues with Bold as well from another forum. He wished he had hired an independent inspector. That got us a bit wary going with them. Let me know how they respond to you.
daisy1989
It is such a big hit and miss isn’t it? We will be meeting them tomorrow to put down the deposit. My manager’s husband is a builder and she said he would be more than happy to help us inspect the work done before we sign it off. I read someone said he had some issues with Bold as well from another forum. He wished he had hired an independent inspector. That got us a bit wary going with them. Let me know how they respond to you.

Yes definitely will update when the time comes, I have hired an private inspector. It is a necessity in my opinion. Not really even about workmanship in some cases but rather conforming to minimum BCA standards.

Well worth the money since I don't work in the industry and have no clue. My inspector picked up on about 8-10 things on frame stage. I am not too fussed they are all fixable according to my inspector.

More importantly I think I have lowered my expectation ,as being a first home builder you do want everything to go perfectly but I've gotten to the adjustment period quite quickly.
Hi everyone. Has anyone had the bank valuation for your block in Capestone came under the purchase price? We didn’t prepare for this situation in our budgetting so we’re very worried the finance may fall through now.
daisy1989
Hi everyone. Has anyone had the bank valuation for your block in Capestone came under the purchase price? We didn’t prepare for this situation in our budgetting so we’re very worried the finance may fall through now.

Nope. It's pretty much in the median that realestate.com.au site says or respective bank site has medians listed. You might have a bit of concern when you submit tender documents and inclusions to the bank.

Thanks,
Krishna.
daisy1989

Hi Daisy,

When we purchased our lot last year our valuation cameback the same as the purchase price. Capestone has a private Facebook page for residents (can ask your question there too) if you haven’t joined already. It’s called “Capestone neighbours group”.
Unless you have bought one of the 450k+ blocks on the "lake" I don't think you will have any issues.

kishore
daisy1989

Nope. It's pretty much in the median that realestate.com.au site says or respective bank site has medians listed. You might have a bit of concern when you submit tender documents and inclusions to the bank.

Thanks,
Krishna.

Thanks kishore. We just submitted the prelim tender. Have been booked for our colour appointments in 5 weeks then will have the list of inclusions etc.
cigr
daisy1989

Hi Daisy,

When we purchased our lot last year our valuation cameback the same as the purchase price. Capestone has a private Facebook page for residents (can ask your question there too) if you haven’t joined already. It’s called “Capestone neighbours group”.

Thanks cigr. I will ask to join the group. The price this year appears to be increased a great deal compared to last year (I had a look at rp data).That’s why we were a bit concerned. Fingers crossed.
butters7388
Unless you have bought one of the 450k+ blocks on the "lake" I don't think you will have any issues.

No we couldn’t afford those blocks lol. It’s in the lakeside release but just one of those small 375m2 ones. I compare the sales of the previous releases and was shocked at how much the prices have jumped 😬
Hi,

We bought land in Brooks release in Mango hill.
Anybody else????
I think there is a facebook page for brook release capestone in Mango Hill. There are couple of posts that I have seen.
kishore
I think there is a facebook page for brook release capestone in Mango Hill. There are couple of posts that I have seen.

oh that's interesting.
Thank you so much for letting me know.
I'll do search for that page.
Related
16/07/2023
Options for Retaining Wall Sloping Hill

Landscape & Garden Design

Howdy all. I am looking for feedback on what people would do to maximise and make an area as flat as possible. First, out the front of the house is a sloping hill, pretty…

18/01/2024
Terry road box hill

General Discussion

I brought terry road box hill in June 2022 House was meant to be completed Nov 2023 That did not happen I had to chase them so much to the land Registration and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum