Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

KDR with Wisdom Homes-Aspiration 29

Page 12 of 14
Transformation
Hey Aheron long time now news. What is the progress? Any new photos?

Hey Transformation

Yes sorry its been pretty disappointing as not much has happened in last 2 weeks..Today we saw some action with the painters starting, so i will try and pop into the house sometime durign the week to take some pics..before that the only action we had was the upstairs balcony railings

the issue had to do with the tilers stuffing up and the subsequent delay was due to the wait for the new replacement tiles

How are you going?
Aheron
Transformation
Hey Aheron long time now news. What is the progress? Any new photos?

Hey Transformation

Yes sorry its been pretty disappointing as not much has happened in last 2 weeks..Today we saw some action with the painters starting, so i will try and pop into the house sometime durign the week to take some pics..before that the only action we had was the upstairs balcony railings

the issue had to do with the tilers stuffing up and the subsequent delay was due to the wait for the new replacement tiles

How are you going?

Sorry if I have missed this, but you said you were getting new replacement files? What happened with the old tiles? Can't believe you have had a tiling issue too
Hi Onewheel

Yes the tilers mixed up the feature tiles to the powder room with the main bathroom and ensuite...don't know how as you would think that you would finish the one bathroom before moving to the next one ...so we are short in the main bathroom and the ones in the ensuite need to be replaced.they also forgot to order tiles for the shower in the laundry...the mixup cost us one week of inactivity..(:
Aheron
Hi Onewheel

Yes the tilers mixed up the feature tiles to the powder room with the main bathroom and ensuite...don't know how as you would think that you would finish the one bathroom before moving to the next one ...so we are short in the main bathroom and the ones in the ensuite need to be replaced.they also forgot to order tiles for the shower in the laundry...the mixup cost us one week of inactivity..(:

Geez, that's not good. I guess the tilers are good at tiling, but not good with colours and seems they can't spot different tiles, they just go and lay them without looking
How frustrating!
Oh no. Sorry to hear about your tiling issue. Who spot the tiling issue?
Cpaces

I was the one who spotted it when I drove past one day a couple of weeks ago.

Tried to explain it to them but couldn't understand

Your place is going great!
Hi everyone

We had some more progress this week

Painting has commenced and tiles to ground floor areas have been laid.I think they will be completed over the coming days,then cornices can be finished and painters return.

Also expect driveway to start towards the end if next week.

Some more pics

Kitchen with tiles laid

Garage door

Wow. Driveway to commence? When is your PCI? Has it been scheduled?

Our build will be delayed due to Xmas and NY shutdown.
SS told me that if I can cancel Xmas then just in time by end of year to finish.

Ps: Like your garage. Wish now I upgraded to timber look.
Very nice, Aheron. My partner and I have also decided to build an Aspiration 29. Our tender presentation is about a week off.

Quick question, did you upgrade your kitchen at all? And did you keep the WIP or did you convert to laundry as per old design?

Looking forward to joining the Wisdom & Aspiration conversations on H1.
Thanks cpaces

No PCI date yet,but I am thinking it may be in 2 weeks time.Then gives them 2 weeks to fix things before handover.

Your place is flying which is great!your not that far behinds now even thought you started quote a bit after..
Welcome J and J One Minto and look forward to following your build in the near future.

Yes we upgraded our kitchen by selecting polyurethane doors,40mm bench tops and extra cabinetry to where the old Aspiration 29 had its pantry.As ours is like the current plan with laundry to the study area and WIP to original laundry area.

Any questions you have, feel free to ask away!

Good luck with your tender presentation!
Your house is looking very nice, really like the tiles you have chosen. Garage door looks great with your bricks. Looks like all will be on track for PCI before Xmas
Onewheel
Your house is looking very nice, really like the tiles you have chosen. Garage door looks great with your bricks. Looks like all will be on track for PCI before Xmas

I have to agree. The garage door looks great.
Hi,

What colour is your garage door? Is it Merbau? We have upgraded to the timberlook merbau garage door and just want to see if it will be the same as yours. It looks great!

Thanks
Hi columbo10

It's actually caoba which I think is similar to merbau.

good luck!
Also-thanks for your kind words Onewheel and columbo10.

It's getting close but hopefully we are right for Xmas.im worried though
Looks great Aheron!!! All the best and hopefully you move in before Xmas
Aheron
Welcome J and J One Minto and look forward to following your build in the near future.

Yes we upgraded our kitchen by selecting polyurethane doors,40mm bench tops and extra cabinetry to where the old Aspiration 29 had its pantry.As ours is like the current plan with laundry to the study area and WIP to original laundry area.

Any questions you have, feel free to ask away!

Good luck with your tender presentation!

Thanks Aheron. How has your build been progressing in the last week?

Yes, we have done the same thing with the WIP behind the kitchen and laundry where the old study room used to be. The more WIP space the better, I say! We've allocated all the WIP shelving to bedroom robes and will custom-build storage area within WIP after handover.

We received a call from Steve at Wisdom this morning informing our tender is ready. We have booked in a time on Friday morning to have it presented to us. I actually feel nervous, but excited!

My partner and I have done so much research over the last couple of weeks whilst waiting for the tender presentation - visited Di Lorenzo, tried Boral bricks (but they were closed when their website was listed as open on Saturdays), etc. Just didn't want to sit around waiting!!

I feel underprepared for the tender presentation (perhaps I'm not, but just feeling cautious) -

*Can you or any other Wisdom clients give me a heads up on what to expect at the tender presentation?
*Are there any requests you made with your sales rep that didn't follow through to tender presentation?
*Did you make any further design changes at tender presentation - if so, how long did it take for them to come back with revised tender?

They're all the questions I have right now... might sleep on it some more!!
Thanks transformation!

Hope your build is going strong early in the new year as well.Prob find not much will happen between Xmas and mid jan though (:
Hi J and J

Sounds like you are doing all the right things in terms of preparation for the tender and the next few months of selections etc.This will save you time both I'm terms of tender adjustments and at your colour selections.

In regards to your questions:

*Can you or any other Wisdom clients give me a heads up on what to expect at the tender presentation?

My one was presented by the sales manager and he went through everything line by line and allowed us to ask as many questions as we liked.They don't expect an answer on the spot. , so a good idea to take it home and read in your own time.

*Are there any requests you made with your sales rep that didn't follow through to tender presentation?

No-only issue was the sales rep had underestimated the site costs as these were roughly 10 k more than expected...

*Did you make any further design changes at tender presentation - if so, how long did it take for them to come back with revised tender?

Yes-we did and any changes, especially involving design changes take a couple of weeks to update.Also had a couple of errors when asking for amendments, so try to be as clear as possible..Not sure how the admin process is now, but ours took around 10 months from
accepting the tender to actual build commencing.

GOOD LUCK and let us know how you go.
Related
21/09/2023
KDR - Looking for feedback on Kialla Homes

Building A New House

Hi, I am looking into doing a KDR in Melbourne and am contemplating using Kialla Homes. I am looking for feedback on them from others who have built with them.

29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum