Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Eden Brae - My First Home The Lawson 24

Page 12 of 13
Hi, Dearheart. That is great news! It's funny how each SS does different things. We were asked to pick the date of our PCI. Have you organised your settlement cheque with your bank?

You asked if I would change any of the plan. Only making the living areas slightly bigger but having said that, I'm really happy with the overall design. It is very practical.

Firsttimebuilding, I read your blog and I must say it sounds like you are having a ball getting your house ready! I'm excited for you.
Dearheart... Something I didn't know at the time, find out from your bank if they need a valuation inspection... If so, you are best to arrange it for the same day as PCI, so it doesn't delay the bank cheque getting drawn for final payment.
Thanks 1sttime. I have talked to the bank already and they need final valuation and the occupation certificate. I've sent off some inquiries and hopefully everything will get rolling. I would hate to have delays now.
They might also want home buildings insurance too... Depending on the insurance company some want the occupation certificate... Which was a sticky situation, need cheque to get certificate, need insurance to get cheque... Lol NRMA didnt need certificate to get coverage.
PCI tomorrow - hopefully there will be no big problems. This week wasn't so good, the things that were meant to be done weren't. So nothing has happened since the Tyrrels inspection - hopefully that won't hold up handover.
that's so frustrating! Maybe your SS is waiting to see what you pick up tomorrow and then get the tradies back one time, not multiple visits.

I was worried Thursday when I went to visit all the blue stickers were still up everywhere and we had PCI ten days before... Went over yesterday and all the painting is done!

Good luck again for tomorrow! I bet you are excited!
Quote:
that's so frustrating! Maybe your SS is waiting to see what you pick up tomorrow and then get the tradies back one time, not multiple visits.

I wish that was the case but he told me that they were organised - they just didn't show. I would like to think that he was being truthful about them being organised, so I don't know why they didn't come.

I am excited - but its still kind of surreal, the whole thing will be more real after tomorrow. I've got all these people to organise but can't do any of that until after PCI when I get an idea of when handover is going to be. I have a plan in my head and hopefully everything will fall together the way I want - though I am aware that that is highly unlikely if not absolutely impossible.

Not long for you now - only 2 days until you get the keys.
Hi, Dearheart. I have that same sinking feeling in my stomach. We had the Tyrell's report done and the painter came back for touch ups and still didn't paint the facade of our house in the right colours. I have learned that a building company is only as good as its tradies. Like you, I also just want it to get finished so I can organise a delivery van and move in. It's been over a year since we signed with Eden Brae. Having said that, I wouldn't want to accept the keys and hand over that last settlement cheque until all the work is done to your standard.
Hi, Dearheart. Tell us about your PCI today. How did it go?
It went well. I have a new SS for the next 2 weeks because the other one is on holidays - he seems really nice. He is going to try for handover late next week. Fingers crossed he can make it happen.

Most of the problems we found aren't too big - lots of paint issues, a little bit of plaster work, the back door is still sagging in the middle but he has a plan to fix that.

If he can get the tradies in, we should definitely make handover next week.
Next week? Wow, that is quick from PCI to handover. Does that mean next week is settlement and you will get the keys? What about the bank's valuation? I'm always confused about the last part as I've read on the forums that some people wait until everything is done properly before they hand over that last cheque.
The bank is going to do valuation this week - its just waiting to get the interim occupation certificate. Then I get the cheque - which I will give to them on settlement day, as long as everything has been fixed. Trust me, they won't get it otherwise.

It is a little quick - they usually give themselves at least 10 days, this will be 9. But its about time something went my way. It will bring me to the end of a long 18 months. If I do get it next week, it will be just about a week before my birthday - nice present if it works out.
Wonderful news Dearheart! So happy for you!
Thanks 1sttime. Good luck tomorrow.
Was there a reason you were in admin for so long? It seems their "allocated start date" isn't worth the paper it's written on, there are so many asterisks and get-out clauses, it's really just a facade. Like having to sign the tender in 7 days or lose the date, it's really quite impossible when the are always mistakes in the plans.
In the scheme of things the tender isn't the important document, the contract is... That's where you need to make sure things are right.

If the tender isn't right, that's when you communicate them to your CSA, and they make sure it's right for the contract. That really comes back to your sales consultant you dealt with in the display home... They didn't document everything you wanted and pass it on, or they didn't understand what you wanted in the first place.

The other company I got a tender for had the same policy... Valid for 7 days... It depends if you are happy with the price, continue. If not, shop around.
Dearheart how's things going? Have you got your keys yet?? Hope all is well
I am also intrigued to see how things are going, if you are anything like me it's busy unpacking boxes... Stupidly I decided to do the clever closet system from Bunnings... I spent 2 hours on one section this morning, buggered something up called dad who did the WIR and my sons bedroom in less than 1/2 hour. Can't believe how quickly my dad put it together whilst I struggled. I was cursing my decision to do it but I am happy now... Now to unpack the suitcases of clothes!
1sttime I wish that I was unpacking but unfortunately I need to get the keys first.

I had my PCI last Monday and since then 1 piece of gutter was replaced, 5 missing tiles and 1 broken tile was put in and the cornice was put around the rangehood - and that is all that has happened.
My house has basically sat untouched for 3 weeks.

The SS was aiming for handover tomorrow but there is no chance what so ever. It's so much of a joke that it barely believable.

At this stage I just want things finished so that I can get my keys and this nightmare can be over. I have absolutely no joy in this experience.
It's actually really depressing.
I am glad that things are going well for other people though. I'm looking forward to seeing some more pics 1sttime.
Related
5/04/2024
Eden Brae Homes Feedback

Building A New House

I built with EB back on 2009. Check out this thread on this forum. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=12911&p=154061#p154061 I can't speak for recent expericience however, we had no…

21/05/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

Congrats. Will be watching this progress and interested to see how you go with summit.

3/03/2024
Cost to pre wire home for smart home system with builder

Lighting + Lighting Design

We already paid for somfy motors for the blinds. The quote above was purely for “pre-wiring” so the blinds company can install the motors and blinds. That’s why we…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum