Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Ding's "Sorrento.2"

Page 12 of 13
nice one neighbour
Your house is stunning and goes to prove that you should hang in there and keep on at the builder until you get what you want and deserve.
Goodness me! Woweeeee - that kitchen of yours would sure make Jamie Oliver proud! Just stunning. I have kitchen envy. I hope our kitchen ends up looking like that. We are having the same number of pot drawers too and your kitchen has confirmed we made the right choice! Well done on a stunning, classy home Ding. Well deserved I am sure.
Beautiful pictures and finish! Love the kitchen cant wait to see the dining table and chairs finishing it off!
Oh WOWWWWWW
... loving your kitchen - all those lovely drawers and the colours are gorgeous - love the sexy sinks and tap .... where did you get your clock?
Hi Ding - me again ... can you tell me where you found your stools?
Mclaren
Hi Ding - me again ... can you tell me where you found your stools?

Stools we saw at a shop at Mile End, but got them from "LivingStyles" online for a lot cheaper. They're called "Coco", come in black/white/grey/chocolate, maybe we shouldn't have got white as they get newspaper hand prints on them easy, we will be scotch guarding them!
Clock came from another online store "Temple & Webster" who have weekly sales.
Stunning! What a beautiful home! Floor looks fab!
great pics

i think our dining chairs are on the same boat!!!! lol
wow cant believe i missed this build. love the concrete who did that?
we almost built this house
Thanks everyone for your kind words.
We are very happy with our new house. Now waiting for the money tree to recover so we can do some outside work - now the rain has come & brought muddy dog paws it has become very urgent!

Still waiting on that slow boat from China

Gristy - PM sent
gorgeous kitchen!
Hey Ding

Any chance of taking a few more pics of the kitchen bench and cabinetry and splash back?
I'm really thinking of do the same but instead of sh*take I was going to opt for Linen....
Well it's been a long time between posts....been busy getting more furniture, installing built in robes in the study, finding some carpet off-cut to be made into rugs (much cheaper & you get the exact size you want) landscaping, buying hi-fi gear & setting up the man-cave, installing ceiling mount speakers in Alfresco & family room, getting more curtains installed, and generally finishing off bits and pieces to make it feel like home.
Just awaiting on the home theatre 4 seater electric recliner to get here - probably January, and the shutters to be installed in the toilets & bathrooms - which will be this weekend, and we are done!! Oh. apart from landscaqping the front, but that can wait until
1. the neighbours are built & ready to set levels
2. We are back from holidays
3. The new money tree is growing - last one died & withered away a long time ago

Our 3 month maintenance was done - no major dramas there - everything that was on the list was done to our satisfaction, but if there is one lesson we have learnt it is to have upgraded the paint selection from general builders wash & wear to proper wash & wear, or as one painter has suggested a decent washable satin, as in the right light, you can see where the wall has been cleaned, and it always feels a bit "chalky".

But..we LOVE our new house. The kitchen is fantastic. I LOVE my Miele ovens & cooktop. When we've had people over they always comment on how spacious it is in the kitchen/dining area, how great it is to mingle around the island, how nice it is to sit outside and listen to the water trickle down the water feature - we always get evening breezes come through which are great on the few hot days we've had so far.

So pic overload time
plus some more kitchen pics for Filthyfil.

Home theatre - 110" screen

Main bedroom - beware photo-bombing beagles!!

Family room TV & heater

Entrance
Now for some landscaping pics

Before:

Paving being done

Wall being done

Screens on & led installed - gratuitous night time shot!!

Lawn looking good & rear screens up, garden planted out & mulched

Special reward for a job well done!!

Actually, I installed a powerpoint & aerial point up on the wall in the alfresco, so a TV can be mounted & watched from the outdoor table or swung around & watched from the Jacuzzi - should do that before the cricket starts!
Thanks for the update ding. It looks even more wonderful. Personal faves are the water feature at night, kitchen, hallway, flooring and bedroom curtains. Not to mention the dogs, so cute!
I just did a search and yours is the first water feature to come up and it looks fantastic!
Colours look really good as well

But I do have to ask, what ballpark figure would something like this cost?
Acey
I just did a search and yours is the first water feature to come up and it looks fantastic!
Colours look really good as well

But I do have to ask, what ballpark figure would something like this cost?

Thanks. We like the way colours highlight the water feature and blend well together. Took a lot of trial & error to make sure the burnt orange suited the main wall.

Cost: are you sitting down!
I will say that we looked at others who do the same thing & they looked a bit cheap & tacky. Lachy from Water Motion Energy does a great job, uses best quality pump, lights, materials etc. and follows it up with great service, he was back within the week because the auto-filler was not working properly & changed it over. The stainless inserts in the 3 panels add nearly another $1k onto a panel that is usually left blank for you to put your own tile/stone/mosaic onto.
But for our feature, which includes 1800 x 400 x 500 fibreglass pond, pump, led lights, pebble grate, pebbles, 3 panels with s/steel inserts + delivery & install will set you back a bit over $5k.

The foam wall 7.8m x 2.4m high with planter boxes + rendering + painting, installed was nearly $6k
The 2 stainless steel laser cut panel either side of the water feature were nearly $1k each
I did my own irrigation & electrical wiring.

I fell faint just writing it all down! But quality costs. You could do it all cheaper, but I don't believe you would get the same product, and it does add value to the home - this is what I keep telling myself!

Some more pics.

http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd506/DingoD64/004_zpsf8b70d39.jpg

http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd506/DingoD64/006_zpsb1368ea0.jpg
Some more pics of the dining area showing the niches with sexy "Hurricane lamps", lit from led's above.

http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd506/DingoD64/009_zpsa896fa33.jpg
Wow that water feature is stunning! Well worth the money I would say. Now I need to look back over the rest of this thread and get inspired!
Related
You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum