Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our custom build in the Barossa - Guided Tour Anyone?????

Page 12 of 25
Here's the pics, as promised!!
Timber delivered yesterday....

Then today, how is this for a birthday present?!?!

View out of our meals area

Home Theatre

Example of how the frame is rebated in at the bottom of each stud

and one of the timber lintels above large sliding doors...

That's it, will have plenty more tomorrow I am sure!!!
Fantastic to see things happening and Happy Birthday

Have a look what was on my block the other day...
Woo hoo - Happy Birthday!!
What an exciting delivery - love all the pretty colours!! Look forward to more pics of your lovely frame.
Wow! That's some serious progress for you
Congrats on those lovely frames... you're flying along now
Just had another look at your pics - wish I had as many neighbours as you!! It would be heaven.
Love that pretty green framework.

Is that the termite treated stuff? ours is termite treated & I wondered if it would look any different.
If you are anything like me - I cried my eyes out when I saw the frame standing!! I can remember coming around the corner and I could see all the green wood standing upright. After close to 3yrs planning and waiting it seemed that it was never going to happen!

Hope you had a lovely birthday.

don't think i coudl stand looking at that pile of bricks for the rest of my life...
lol Pugs, good point.
Oh and yes, framework is termite treated, hense the pretty green colour!!!
I just got a lovely set of scanpan saucepans......cant wait for my new kitchen!!!!
Nice, I love scanpan. I'm the same, I can't wait for my new kitchen too. I'm looking forward to trying out my new appliances, and having a dishwasher again
Our rental doesn't have one.
You are going to have some gorgeous views out of your windows!
Thanks BayBuild!!! Yes, and as Pugs mentioned, minus the stack of bricks!!!

Thersa - we dont have a dishwasher either....in fact it will be 3 years since I have had one.....at this stage I still plans on doing 'some' hand washing.....wonder how long that will last!!!! lol
Theresa
Nice, I love scanpan. I'm the same, I can't wait for my new kitchen too. I'm looking forward to trying out my new appliances, and having a dishwasher again
Our rental doesn't have one.

My only dishwashers are aged 13 and 11! Cannot WAIT for a dishwasher in our new place. I would have even bought one for this rental except for the only place I could have put it was in the laundry, and I'm not that desperate. Yet.

Rebecca, your house is certainly taking shape! Very exciting to see your progress
Hey Rebecca,
We have been looking at your build for a while now. Good to see you are making some good progress, well done.
Your plans and outlook are great.

Your slab looks pretty good and we are interested to know who the concreter was that did it for you.
We are in the preliminary stages of building at MacDonald Park (near Angle Vale).

Thanks
Jakencb
Thanks Cass - I am not sure I'd go for the laundry either!!! lol

jakencb.....thanks for your comments....not sure who the concreter was, but I can find out for you when I speak with the builder.....what stage are you up to? Who are you building with?
We are doing the owner builder/sub contracting thing, so any tradies people are happy with are worthwhile speaking with in my opinion.

Sounds like you have got on the right track with your current builder rather than the first one.

Jakencb
Update in pictures.....

Big Boy's Bedroom

Small Boy's Bedroom

My ensuite

Kitchen

Playroom

OMG - our shower, is huge!!!

My WIR

She's a beauty!

Till next time!
She certainly is a beauty - you must be so proud of your new "child"!! The boys look happy - all 3 of them!
Related
2/10/2023
Custom build | Facade colours

Building A New House

I'd get the gutters to match your roof and pipes to match the paint - otherwise they become a feature. Nice pick with the paint colours!

30/05/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

Soak wells and electrical run in happening this week! Summit has told me they will relocate the laundry plumbing after the walls are completed. I'm actually pretty happy…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum