Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Chelsea 33 with M3tr!con - All moved in

Page 12 of 13
Hey Penny,

Oh, I do hope your in by your Birthday!!!!!!

We are just waiting as well!
They haven't officially given us the hand over date yet and all the SS's & construction managers are on a 2day conference at the moment.

Aaaarrrgh! This waiting is sooo painfull.

SS verbally said that we should be in by the 10th but that was 2weeks ago when we had PCI. Lets hope he doesn't let us down because I have arranged for most of the furniture to be delivered next Thursday.
I just wish they would keep up the communication on the progress with out having to harrass them constantly for any sort of an answer

I found that the painting is where most of the issues where so hopefully if you'v already done a paint inspection then you wont have anything else to wait on once you have your PCI
Hey Shelz our SS is hoping that we have covered most things so there will be not much at all for PCI. But I already have a list that I have told them about a number times. Oh well hoping it all gets done sooner rather than later. You would think they would want their money and hurry up and get rid of me

I hope you get the keys on the 10th gees they have had long enough now haven't they.
Our SS is at the same meeting Monday and Tuesday. So hope the tradies keep working. God it would be killing me to be you right now as it has been finished for so long now.

Some of our furniture couldn't be stored so the store is dropping it off to our neighbours so nice of them to store it for us.
Hubby's going to the house after work to see if anything else has been done, so fingers crossed!

That's really good of your neighbours to hold some stuff for you

We had to pick up some stuff as well cause the store couldn't hold them any longer so mum and dads place has been well and truly invaded by us

I bet they are counting down the days to hand over more than we are
we are doing the decking as well out both front and back - and if it comes up as good as your decking i will be wrapped!
Shelz
Hubby's going to the house after work to see if anything else has been done, so fingers crossed!

That's really good of your neighbours to hold some stuff for you

We had to pick up some stuff as well cause the store couldn't hold them any longer so mum and dads place has been well and truly invaded by us

I bet they are counting down the days to hand over more than we are

I bet you are all counting down the days

I hope you have something done then.
cotbfamily
we are doing the decking as well out both front and back - and if it comes up as good as your decking i will be wrapped!

Thanks I like our decking not sure what they used something Red the guy told me but I forgot

We are doing our back decking ourselves or at least friends are doing it. We only got the front done as we got a credit back for some concrete so it didn't seem so much money. Had to trick the BF somehow.

Is your building moving quickly?
penny77
cotbfamily

Thanks I like our decking not sure what they used something Red the guy told me but I forgot

We are doing our back decking ourselves or at least friends are doing it. We only got the front done as we got a credit back for some concrete so it didn't seem so much money. Had to trick the BF somehow.

Is your building moving quickly?

we've gone with blackbutt decking to both front and rear.

the build is moving is a fairly quick fashion but i suppose they say patience is a virtue

cheers
penny77
Thanks TC. We had a painting inspection on Friday and we used nearly two boxes of dots. So hoping we won't have any paint issues at PCI. Still no word on a date, just that we should be in end of March, but I am not holding my breath. They still need to fix the laundry because when they put the cabinets back the taps are still on the wrong side. So this will mean a new back for the cabinet. Oh and they have to finish the front too.

So not much to be done, really hoping we have PCI next week that would be great. My birthday is end of March and I said I have to be in by then and the SS said we will try. I don't know what could hold it up 4 weeks but fingers crossed. It looks so finished and has done for more than a week (apart from the painting).

Hi Penny,

Ah, now this explains what you'd written before about not really feeling excited until handover is done cos' from the sounds of it, you've been "completed" for some time now barring the smaller fixes to be made.

Hmm...painting inspection - this is a new term I've not heard before...I should ask the painter whether he's aiming to do the 3rd coat ready for painting inspection cos' before hearing this term, I always assumed that he was aiming between PCI and handover.

My tiling is due to start next Wednesday. I'll be popping in to see the tiler cos' I want to make sure that the horizontal tiles get laid horizontal and not otherwise. I also want to take the batch number of the tiles so that I can order additional tiles for further wall tiling after handover...My only concern about waiting til after handover is that my tiles are pretty big at 400mm x 400mm and some of the tiles already laid will have to be pulled down in order to have a smooth flow of correct sized tiles...I may not have written it properly but the tiling for the wet rooms as it stands now only cover the wet areas and anything else is untiled which means having to cut some of the tiles down to size... I'll see what the tiler says...until then, I'll have to try not to stress too much about this.
penny77
It will be 7 and half months out of a 9 month time to build. Although we had about 5 week delay on the slab due to waiting for a engineers report and then about another 3 weeks on other things where nothing was done.
It is never quick enough I think.

Yeah, it's never quick enough...
Look at me, week 23 of building and this includes the 4-5 week delay at frame stage/Lock-up when the one tradie held everyone else up...and when you look at it from the week by week basis, I end up thinking rather wistfully that if this delay hadn't happened, we would be finished by now technically speaking! That said, even with the delay, I think 23 weeks of building to-date is quite good. I think now my SS is aiming for a 30 week build and I hope so too!
TC we went and made sure all the tiles were correct before they started as they were in the house for a week before they were laid. Our tiles were laid wrong but we got that fixed before too many were laid as we had the brick style effect on the bath.

Painting insprection isn't normal I think it is just our SS they like to do it so there isn't anything to pick up at PCI. I think SS wants a perfect house which is why it is taking so long. Which I guess is good in the long run. But I have been good in picking up stuff and letting them know straight away still doesn't get fixed straight away though
Ok not going to get too excited just yet but we have a date for PCI 19th March!!!!!!! Going to get excited next week when the SS actual books a time with us. But I spoke to SS and they are on track for that date maybe earlier. So fingers and toes crossed it happens, then I will get a house for my birthday, hope my BF still gets me a present

Driveway is getting done next week I think as we had to confirm our colour. And there was a bob cat there this morning.
Fingers & toes crossed for you Penny!
Just to think in a couple of weeks we'l both be kicking back in our new homes

Well maybe not kicking back as much as cleaning and decorating and organising
but it will be well worth it!!
YAY Penny for a scheduled PCI on 19 March 2010!
Even better if it's beforehand too!
So yup...fingers, arms, toes and feet crossed for you!!!!!!

LOL, in my case it's the painter who wants the house looking perfect for the SS! Isn't this a hoot but soooooo nice that he wants to do a great job for the SS and insists that I (as the paying client) has to be happy first and foremost!
Shelz
Fingers & toes crossed for you Penny!
Just to think in a couple of weeks we'l both be kicking back in our new homes

Well maybe not kicking back as much as cleaning and decorating and organising
but it will be well worth it!!

Thanks Shelz OMG you get the keys tomorrow sooooooooo excited for you
. Hope you have packed.
Just sent of a list of things that need to be done only about 7 so not many so hoping we can get the keys early then. OMG I am so excited I just want it to hurry up.
tc2000
YAY Penny for a scheduled PCI on 19 March 2010!
Even better if it's beforehand too!
So yup...fingers, arms, toes and feet crossed for you!!!!!!

LOL, in my case it's the painter who wants the house looking perfect for the SS! Isn't this a hoot but soooooo nice that he wants to do a great job for the SS and insists that I (as the paying client) has to be happy first and foremost!

Thanks TC I am so excited. Gees glad your painter is doing a good job. Ours has done some of the dots but not all he will be back to finish the job. Don't understand why they don't just finish it now
. So dame you have a great painter there. Will post some more pics tonight as of course we could get in on the weekend they so need to fix the locks so I can lock them.
Hi Penny,

Yep, I think the painter is a good guy.
He said he would come back after electrical and plumbing fitout to paint the 3rd coat which makes sense cos' the electrician will be cutting into the plasterboards to locate the wires and the plumber will have to fix the loos to the walls etc etc. The house is looking lovely as it stands now but I think it'll look great once the 3rd coat is done and finished.

My floor tiles for the laundry and powder room look great with the Antique white cabinets we have in these 2 rooms. Well, can't really go wrong with antique White eh? So I'm a happy bunny that these two rooms have turned out exactly the way it has based on my colour boards!!!!!

C'mon tradies and builder, I hope they get their butts moving to finish off your house cos' in 1.5 weeks, you're DONE
Ok PCI seems to be set for Friday 19th can't wait. Lots of our issues will all be done by tomorrow so I am very happy about that. Looks like if the house passes Q&A and we don't find anything wrong at PCI we should get the keys hopefully Thursday 25th March. So I will be on tender hooks waiting.

Last night had all the photos done for my place to be rented out now just need someone to rent it......
tc2000
Hi Penny,

Yep, I think the painter is a good guy.
He said he would come back after electrical and plumbing fitout to paint the 3rd coat which makes sense cos' the electrician will be cutting into the plasterboards to locate the wires and the plumber will have to fix the loos to the walls etc etc. The house is looking lovely as it stands now but I think it'll look great once the 3rd coat is done and finished.

My floor tiles for the laundry and powder room look great with the Antique white cabinets we have in these 2 rooms. Well, can't really go wrong with antique White eh? So I'm a happy bunny that these two rooms have turned out exactly the way it has based on my colour boards!!!!!

C'mon tradies and builder, I hope they get their butts moving to finish off your house cos' in 1.5 weeks, you're DONE

TC your pics of the tiles look great. I think we even have the same tiles in the laundry as a splash back but we had them laid differently. So the tradies have come thru for me and we have just about everything done by the end of tomorrow. So excited can't wait.....
That's great news Penny!
OMG, another week and you'll be at PCI and surely shortly after, you'll have handover!!!!!
More pics, still haven't had the time confirmed for our PCI but hopefully will find out tomorrow as the house passed the Q&A that M has done.

Driveway

Kitchen

Our bathroom

Laundry with splash back we got a lot extra I think cause they stuffed the laundry up

Close up

Side path
Related
3/07/2023
Moved in 7 years ago but no Occupation Certificate

Building A New House

Joe, it depends on your certifier but we are noticing the ones we deal with are really cracking down. So i would recommend you follow your approved landscaping plans to…

9/10/2023
No Interim Occupation Certificate - NSW but moved in

General Discussion

Hi Simeon, Thank you for laying it down for us. Makes sense. Appreciate it very much. Have a nice day. Cheers

17/06/2023
How to remove ceiling air con vent?

General Discussion

How do you remove one of these ceiling air con vents? And is it possible to disconnect the duct joined to the vent from inside the house, without going into the roof cavity?

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum