Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building Metricon Glendale 42 Limited Edition in Geelong

Page 110 of 138
Do you have a thread fir your journey?

kylz4
Definitely going stained! Not sure what price is, they sent email yesterday saying that there would be a cost of $1111 if we wanted stained margins running up the stairs, I thought stairs had been made so thought I'd missed chance for this but since they offered that when I was just talking about first floor stuff I may as well jump on it lol. They didn't put a cost for first floor to have stain down the bottom though so I just sent two pics through to clarify exactly what we want and hopefully they can get it right lol

Woah, we asked this specific question during sales because we were comparing M inclusions with another builder, and the Sales Coordinator said it will be the same as the downstairs balustrade and not a wall. Its quite frustrating ?
Definitely double check plans! We completely missed it and just assumed it was going to be the nice balustrade but another person on this forum got the wall and when I checked plans it was wall

Just having a quick look at our online client portal thing and it has us down for painting complete by the 8th, tiling commencing the 9th, fit offs complete by 16th and a clean booked for 20th. So do those in the know what is included in fit offs? Taps, basins, electrical, heat vents, shower heads, mirrors???? Then once clean happens what is next? I'm pretty sure they do a few cleans along the way don't they?

kylz4
Just having a quick look at our online client portal thing and it has us down for painting complete by the 8th, tiling commencing the 9th, fit offs complete by 16th and a clean booked for 20th. So do those in the know what is included in fit offs? Taps, basins, electrical, heat vents, shower heads, mirrors???? Then once clean happens what is next? I'm pretty sure they do a few cleans along the way don't they?

Awesome hope they deliver Kylz, great month ahead

kylz4

Awesome Kylz...

you pretty much covered everything that happens during fit out stage...

What is left after the clean?
Hi Kylz, with your kitchen tower, did they have to shorten your appliance benchtop to accommodate the tower? Or was that space in addition to the standard benchtop space?

We extended bench as the LE Glendale has shorter appliance bench than standard and then put the appliance tower in

Had a phone call yesterday to say that blinds are being measured up today
only issue is that we selected face mount option to block more light, will be hidden by sheers or pelmets eventually anyway, however, because fir some reason they have done our family room window as a plaster reveal it has no frame fir the blind to attach to so has to sit inside. I hope it doesn't look silly being the only one different
I think because that area will only have dining stacker and family room window both visible but far enough apart it 'should' look ok!?!?

Annoying thing is that I picked up plaster reveal thing saying family window on the contracts and was told it meant for kitchen window, but now they've done family one! Anyone else have this?

kylz4
only issue is that we selected face mount option to block more light, will be hidden by sheers or pelmets eventually anyway, however, because fir some reason they have done our family room window as a plaster reveal it has no frame fir the blind to attach to so has to sit inside. I hope it doesn't look silly being the only one different
I think because that area will only have dining stacker and family room window both visible but far enough apart it 'should' look ok!?!?

Annoying thing is that I picked up plaster reveal thing saying family window on the contracts and was told it meant for kitchen window, but now they've done family one! Anyone else have this?

Yay to blinds
where can I find plaster reveal for windows Kylz?

However I realised I have a stupid fc sheet infill above window I originally wanted to delete. Annoying

Emmz70
kylz4

Yay to blinds
where can I find plaster reveal for windows Kylz?

However I realised I have a stupid fc sheet infill above window I originally wanted to delete. Annoying

I know, so excited for blinds, makes me think it's nearing the end once they go in lol

Plaster reveal was added into our prelim contract and when questioned they said it was for kitchen but now they've done the family, doh

Oh no to fc sheet! Which window is that on? Is it an obvious one? So hard to remember every single thing!

We have tiles delivered!! Hope the tiler is not far behind them lol.

Painters seem almost finished, plastic is off inside of windows and it looks fab!!
alfresco ceiling and other outdoor bits still need to be painted but think inside is done

kylz4
We have tiles delivered!! Hope the tiler is not far behind them lol.

Painters seem almost finished, plastic is off inside of windows and it looks fab!!
alfresco ceiling and other outdoor bits still need to be painted but think inside is done

Woohoo no stopping your build now Kylz

Noticed the other day that the inside of under stair storage hadn't been plastered and SM said it doesn't normally get done unless in contract. Didn't click at time but thought 'hang on, that's $634 for them the just put a door on if they don't. Checked contract and it says it should be plastered in there! Gotta be on them!!

Yeah I thought the 600aud option would cover all sides of the understair storage.

Kylz, what are your standard powerpoint inclusions? My drawings indicate double powerpoints but apparently the contract says single powerpoints throughout?

sencillez
Yeah I thought the 600aud option would cover all sides of the understair storage.

Kylz, what are your standard powerpoint inclusions? My drawings indicate double powerpoints but apparently the contract says single powerpoints throughout?

Just checked and you are right, the LE inclusions say single powerpoints throughout but my plans all show them as doubles!

kylz4
Noticed the other day that the inside of under stair storage hadn't been plastered and SM said it doesn't normally get done unless in contract. Didn't click at time but thought 'hang on, that's $634 for them the just put a door on if they don't. Checked contract and it says it should be plastered in there! Gotta be on them!!

Pffttt typical, be on them alright. Apparently they don't do the floor on some homes as well so ask flooring guys nicely to do in there as well.
that's if u want one

Yes I found that out in our studio m appointment! Was not impressed!!!! They were charging about $300 to do floor in there but I think when we changed our flooring category and they did the final contract they structured the pricing differently and I don't think the cost went in there. Pretty sure it is on plans though! Better check lol

Now need to work out our balustrade for balcony! Piers look too short, and I mentioned it to sm months ago but he said glass would come higher than piers and the metal pole that runs behind the glass would connect to timber post instead of pier. After checking plans the pole is supposed to attach to pier and the pier is supposed to be higher than glass. SM told build advocate that the plans were updated to what he had told us but we've never signed off in anything!!!

No rest fir the wicked hey! Lol

kylz4
Now need to work out our balustrade for balcony! Piers look too short, and I mentioned it to sm months ago but he said glass would come higher than piers and the metal pole that runs behind the glass would connect to timber post instead of pier. After checking plans the pole is supposed to attach to pier and the pier is supposed to be higher than glass. SM told build advocate that the plans were updated to what he had told us but we've never signed off in anything!!!

No rest fir the wicked hey! Lol

Any photos Kylz? We had the same issue and M had to get the brickies to add 4 extra courses of bricks on top.

@Orph

Build thread: viewtopic.php?t=78328
Home Furniture: viewtopic.php?t=80551
Technology Hub: viewtopic.php?t=83663
Landscape Design: viewtopic.php?t=80645
Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum