Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Boutique Homes

Page 106 of 172
7th_Cavalry
Ozden86
tinaC
Has anyone organised for electricians/curtain makers to come out pre handover to provide quotes?
Did anyone go through their SS to seek permission for them to be onsite?

We arrange to get a quote from a curtain guy and all we did was arrange it to occur during our independent inspection, which Boutique are already advised of the inspection but we didn't feel the need to ask for permission for the blind guy to come and measure it up. Our price came back at $7700 for dual blinds, just the corner less stacking door blind is costing $2000 alone. But we are very happy with the price, only problem we have is the handles on our windows are a problem due to being awning windows so I need to arrange to change the handles to the folding ones.

Hi, Ozden - is the dual blinds (roller blinds) white and black? oopps looks like I need to revise my estimate for blinds I was budgeting around 6.5K
Although I don't have stacking door just regular sliding door.

Yes correct, dual roller blinds like this. I'm sure you will be fine for 6.5k, I have windows everywhere lol that's my mistake but I can't resist windows. Love the light.

Render on and officially at lock up!
Site supervisor has said he expects the house to be finished in approx 8 weeks from here.
Cabinets and waterproofing next week!
Now to start getting everything organised.
Any recommendations for blinds/curtains supplier?
We have been quoted by carpet court but the guy was really rude trying to push certain blinds on us even after we continually said no

baneshouse

Site supervisor has said he expects the house to be finished in approx 8 weeks from here.
We have been quoted by carpet court but the guy was really rude trying to push certain blinds on us even after we continually said no

We used http://www.swdw.com.au/default.asp for our blinds, highly recommend them.
Jadeypox
robyng
Hi Jadeypox,

You seem to be in the same situation as me. We signed our PWC on the 28th February to get the Kitchen promo bonus & have our contract/colours scheduled in later this month.
I asked our Pre Start Consultant when we would get the contract & plans to go over & she told me the week prior. I don't believe that gives you enough time to thoroughly check over the plans especially if you have made a few structural changes like we have.
I have also been told that you sign the contract prior to being taken into doing your colours & that if there are any items that you have chosen that need to be added into your contract are done with a post contract variation. I am yet to get this confirmation in writing.
Have you been told similar?

I have in the email from the sales consultant that when the drafts are done they will be sent through and that the contract will be sent 1 week prior.... some of our mail ends up in the next suburb (because the sorting centre/mailman don't know that a postcode, suburb and street/court are important and completely different. ) but that's another story. I don't want to get the contract on a Friday and try and rush through it on the day/over the weekend, when I have work and we have little time to go over it together plus exhaustion from work and little bubba. Then notice by Monday a lot of the info is incorrect and waste a day rushing through amendments during our 8am or whatever time appointment . Hahah I sound a little crazy but I did request these drafts prior to the PwC signing... Which was impossible as the 'draftsmen wasn't in'.

So that's my mini stress, I am all new to this and young so don't want to be taken advantage of. Hopefully it will be just fine.

Out of interest, I was just wondering if you had received your contract & plans?
robyng
Jadeypox
robyng
Hi Jadeypox,

You seem to be in the same situation as me. We signed our PWC on the 28th February to get the Kitchen promo bonus & have our contract/colours scheduled in later this month.
I asked our Pre Start Consultant when we would get the contract & plans to go over & she told me the week prior. I don't believe that gives you enough time to thoroughly check over the plans especially if you have made a few structural changes like we have.
I have also been told that you sign the contract prior to being taken into doing your colours & that if there are any items that you have chosen that need to be added into your contract are done with a post contract variation. I am yet to get this confirmation in writing.
Have you been told similar?

I have in the email from the sales consultant that when the drafts are done they will be sent through and that the contract will be sent 1 week prior.... some of our mail ends up in the next suburb (because the sorting centre/mailman don't know that a postcode, suburb and street/court are important and completely different. ) but that's another story. I don't want to get the contract on a Friday and try and rush through it on the day/over the weekend, when I have work and we have little time to go over it together plus exhaustion from work and little bubba. Then notice by Monday a lot of the info is incorrect and waste a day rushing through amendments during our 8am or whatever time appointment . Hahah I sound a little crazy but I did request these drafts prior to the PwC signing... Which was impossible as the 'draftsmen wasn't in'.

So that's my mini stress, I am all new to this and young so don't want to be taken advantage of. Hopefully it will be just fine.

Out of interest, I was just wondering if you had received your contract & plans?

Hey! Yes I have, on Tuesday! Which explains my inactivity. I have been going through everything. My pre start consultant has been absolutely fantastic and answering all my questions ASAP.
That's good to hear. Good luck for Monday. Who is your Pre Start Consultant?
has anyone got Teak stain for the front door and front windows? looking for some pics before we finalise..
Can anyone tell me the render colour/code of the Providence?
Daniel12

welcome Daniel12 to the forum..
I reckon you are after the render details of the Providence display home.
Ask your Sales/PRS consultant for the Providence Addenda. All the finer details of this house will be included.
baneshouse

Excited ey Banehouse? almost there mate...just a few more to go, MAKE IT YOURS
Daniel12

Email your pre-start consultant for the Addenda

House coming along nicely. Although the updates are few and far between. Seems they tell us one thing and when we get there it's either not done or they are talking about wrong thing.
Hopefully stays on track from here.
Enjoying seeing it take shape

Daniel12

Hi Daniel12, I believe the render colour on the providence display home in Sunbury is Dulux Champignon P14A4.I would check this with your pre-start consultant to verify.
Are you building the Providence? It is a nice house.
baneshouse

House coming along nicely. Although the updates are few and far between. Seems they tell us one thing and when we get there it's either not done or they are talking about wrong thing.
Hopefully stays on track from here.
Enjoying seeing it take shape

House is looking good, I think most builders are the same, as the S/S is not on site all the time they tell you what they think has been completed or what they had scheduled in. Can be frustrating at times but hopefully when completed that part will be a distant memory. BTW what is your façade as it looks good?
House is looking good, I think most builders are the same, as the S/S is not on site all the time they tell you what they think has been completed or what they had scheduled in. Can be frustrating at times but hopefully when completed that part will be a distant memory. BTW what is your façade as it looks good?[/quote]

The facade is contempo its come up great. Was wanting the Palamos but couldn't justify the 6K price tag so settled for the contempo.
I think I'd prefer him to say he wasn't on site but this is what is planned.
Instead he goes oh I was on site today and this this and this happened.
Just got our invoice for lock up stage today.

What house are you building?

baneshouse
House is looking good, I think most builders are the same, as the S/S is not on site all the time they tell you what they think has been completed or what they had scheduled in. Can be frustrating at times but hopefully when completed that part will be a distant memory. BTW what is your façade as it looks good?

The facade is contempo its come up great. Was wanting the Palamos but couldn't justify the 6K price tag so settled for the contempo.
I think I'd prefer him to say he wasn't on site but this is what is planned.
Instead he goes oh I was on site today and this this and this happened.
Just got our invoice for lock up stage today.

What house are you building?

[/quote]

We are building the Providence 34, we are scheduled for colours later this month.
[quote="Ozden86
[/quote]

Really nice Ozden, that is my preference as well. Have you planned to get Starlight or window ceiling in the future?
Sorry 7th_Cavalry what is starlight or window ceiling? To be honest with you my husband was the one who said we are getting dual roller blinds when I never wanted them. I wanted something different, my preference was sheer curtain blind. So hubby said later on I can get them changed to the way I want.

I have also been thinking about curtains. I order some nice curtain made in China, more fabric choices. They arrived quite quickly.

I have a corner window like the picture above. For some reason I went with eyelet ring. So now I have been trying to find a corner curtain rod. Any ideas?

Boutique Capri 27 Seabreeze. Passed to construction on 7th Nov 15.
Donaldouk
I have also been thinking about curtains. I order some nice curtain made in China, more fabric choices. They arrived quite quickly.

I have a corner window like the picture above. For some reason I went with eyelet ring. So now I have been trying to find a corner curtain rod. Any ideas?

Boutique Capri 27 Seabreeze. Passed to construction on 7th Nov 15.

Have you tried spotlight for the rod? Or perhaps even if you speak with a blind maker and ask them to supply the rod only. I'm sure they will be able to assist.
Related
28/06/2023
Boutique Homes

General Discussion

Thanks for the insight.

15/09/2023
Sydney - Inner Suburbs - Boutique Builder Costs

Building A New House

Hi Simeon, PM'ed you the other day. Still waiting >

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum