Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Anyone building with Homebuyers Centre in VICTORIA?

Page 105 of 250
Hi guys,

I've been reading this forum with interest for some time. We had our colour appointment last week so everything is well and truly happening. It's been great to get a lot of tips and tricks so we've put a lot of thought into everything. Anyway, is there anyone building at Melton? Would be great to get to know some locals as well. Look forward to being more involved
Does anyone know If it's possible to have tiles instead of Laminate flooring?
whitefresh
Does anyone know If it's possible to have tiles instead of Laminate flooring?

Yes but you need to ask for this at your PWC or pre start/colour appointment
Hi Whitefresh, for me it's about making sure you have enough for Settlement so you can cover any unexpected costs, legal fees etc, the First Homebuyers Grant covers most of that so I'd expect you would need more.

I'd definitely recommend giving Resolve Finance a call and sending them all your info so they can assess your eligibility. They're the ones who coordinate the low deposit deal, and will do a "finance health check" and let you know your position.
Thank you! I have given them some info and am just waiting to hear back on the health check.
Good luck! We are just about to start the process of applying for Finance, as our block settles in May, we have a 5% deposit so I'm hoping its enough to get us over the line!
Does anybody know what the interest rate is with Bluebay?
No one building at Melton?
Hi Whitefresh, not sure what the interest rate is, how did your health check go?

Not building in Melton, Carla, Cranny for me
we signed the paperwork for our land this morning, subject to finance for three weeks - better get moving!!!
puglover
Hi Whitefresh, not sure what the interest rate is, how did your health check go?

Not building in Melton, Carla, Cranny for me
we signed the paperwork for our land this morning, subject to finance for three weeks - better get moving!!!

Oh awesome it's all very exciting isn't it? We are subject to finance also, there's aways that stress of waiting. Not much we can do now we've picked all our colours etc and everything is all signed off. Now we wait

What plan did you go for?
It is exciting but I'll be very anxious until we get the formal approval and sign the mortgage docs, lol.

We've chosen the Haven19 as we wanted a smaller block, but I've had a walk in pantry added to the plan, along with double glazing the master bedroom for noise protection. We're still arguing over the themes we'll choose when we go to colour selection, we're tempted to pay the fee to change the theme so I can get the flooring colour I want with the theme I like. We are planning on getting our heating done elsewhere so we can get aircon put in at the same time for a more competitive price, and will be upgrading the kitchen for sure. So much fun! I'm trying not to get emotionally invested until the finance is approved! though - we haven't even applied for finance yet!
Hi All, I'm building Indigo 22 in London Park, Narre Warren. At the PWC stage atm. They are charging me $2444 for: Temp fencing, termite treatment by local authorities, Wet weather bldg access and Flood Zone. Does this seem reasonable? Thanks
I don't have my paperwork on my but from memory that sounds about right, although I'm not in a flood zone. Have you been charged for Bushfire zoning? I got told by the SC I'm definitely NOT in a bushfire zone, yet my developer contract says that I am! So confused by that.
Very excited , my husband and I went up to Yarra Glen for a wedding on the weekend and decided to stop by our lot being it was only 2 minutes away.
They've started preparing the roads, putting pipes in etc. We are living in an estate so they're preparing the roads and footpaths before all the building begins. So much fun!!

Oh wow that is exciting! Have you got a 'sold' sign out the front of your block yet? We still can't get to our block because the whole area is fenced off and covered in construction equipment!
We got a picture of when it was under contract. Missed the sold sign. I reckon it probably should have been fenced off due to construction equipment everywhere......lucky us I guess

Hi y'all

Just a little bit about whats happened with us so far- axiom legal (conveyancers) and resolve finance have been calling me non stop for a week regarding getting our formal contracts signed and sent back- i did say that the contract states we have 21 days to accept the offer.......

We sent back the papers which got 'lost' although they were express. Re-issued and lost again in the mail. Getting frustrated by now.

Another type of paperwork had to be re-signed due to incorrect info from axiom. Now getting a bit hot under the collar.

Get the umpteenth phone call (in middle of a meeting mind you- almost every time they called) i am told that they sent the wrong 'transfer of land' contract and we need to have the formal paperwork from commonwealth (which i have to go get on my lunch break- 30 mins away) resigned- in the end axiom rep drove out and we signed and he took them with him- but we had to remember what boxes we had ticked for which accounts the money will come out of..... and the bank knew nothing about it when i got there.

Finally get back to work (now been gone for 2 hours) and they call me to tell me they received the paperwork!!! Seriously over-communication.

I appreciate getting updated but seriously- i was considering just not answering my phone in the end.
I did explain to them i am at work and one call or two i can answer but 7 within 3 hours from 2 separate companies in the same building.
I am doing exams ATM and as much as i can't wait to build this house, my mind is elsewhere.

Long story short- if your lonely and want someone to talk to, use axiom. if your have a life and a job and other commitments, maybe try another conveyancer....

Very ranty and ungrateful sounding but i have had so many calls from both companies in such a short time- i feel like i have an overbearing, clingy ex-boyfriend that wont stop calling me.
I got home one night and said to my fiance- 'Heath, i think our conveyancer is stalking me!"

"Long story short- if your lonely and want someone to talk to, use axiom."

This just literally made me LOL in the middle of a meeting! Thanks for the chuckle. So have you gone through Commonwealth? Did you have a 5% deposit to do so? I'm about to email my Resolve guy with our bank statements and latest payslips so we can get the finance application rolling... SO nervous!
puglover
I don't have my paperwork on my but from memory that sounds about right, although I'm not in a flood zone. Have you been charged for Bushfire zoning? I got told by the SC I'm definitely NOT in a bushfire zone, yet my developer contract says that I am! So confused by that.

You can type in your address at http://services.land.vic.gov.au/maps/bushfire.jsp and find out if you are in a bushfire zone. The zone has a habit of changing at least once a year.
Thanks Impish, according to that map we are in the zone by like 50 metres! Spewing! Hoping it changes before settlement!
Related
2/08/2023
victorian homebuyers fund

General Discussion

I havent, and i havent looked to much into it, but on face value its not the saviour its trying to make out to be. Shared equity in your home is never a good idea. The…

15/12/2023
Garage Door Centre Pillar is 2 different levels

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, have purchased a house with 2 single garage doors. The Centre pillar one side sits proud to the other. Can I change 2 doors into one. Please see picture.

20/07/2023
Building Site Access - Victoria - New Build

General Discussion

For reference, this is the Austlii reference. My take on this is, that they would be breaking the law denying access to a homeowner in Victoria, or their agent from having…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum