Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Arden Developments

Page 104 of 163
Hi Richaley

Do you have niche in your bathrooms
Hi richaley We got The Audio Experts to do our prewiring. Not a problem with Arden to bring them in. We also got Arden to do sound insulation batts for the walls and ceiling of home theatre with a solid core door. Just a suggestion.
dskvic
pEast
dskvic
Our SS has been good. We are building in the western suburbs and our SS is MF. On our 1st meeting he was dismissive of independent inspectors. But when he actually got the report he went through it one by one to fix them. He whinged a bit but got it done.

Good to hear about your progress - that’s all we want from a SS and it makes things easy for them and us.
Are you getting a balcony as well

Yes, above the alfresco
Hi dskvic,

Was it a lot more costly to have a balcony above the alfresco? I'm half thinking abt it...

Sorry all have not posted for a long while...been moving home and recently had our second little girl. Our home is progressing nicely, construction started at end of June and we are nearing lock up. Building heavily modified Votivo 43 with Voss Facade. Our site supervisor is SC and he has been nothing short of brilliant, thorough and his attention to detail is exactly what we wanted!

Yeah. The cost is included in builders square but additional for water proofing, Steel support beams, etc.
dskvic
Yeah. The cost is included in builders square but additional for water proofing, Steel support beams, etc.
Would u know a rough estimate of cost?? I know its hard because they'll incl it in the base price

3PEAT
Sorry all have not posted for a long while...been moving home and recently had our second little girl. Our home is progressing nicely, construction started at end of June and we are nearing lock up. Building heavily modified Votivo 43 with Voss Facade. Our site supervisor is SC and he has been nothing short of brilliant, thorough and his attention to detail is exactly what we wanted!

congrats on the new addition to the family. The house is getting all ready for her. Good to hear and see photos of your house coming nicely. Due to resi code - I could only extend my living/dining out by only 28cm but still better than nothing. thanks for the advice
Bhullar
dskvic

Would u know a rough estimate of cost?? I know its hard because they'll incl it in the base price

It cost $600/sqmt extra for the balcony
3PeaT .... house is coming up great!!
Congratulations on the new bub!!
3PEAT

Congrats on house and bubba no.2, lots happening in your world!

3PEAT

Nice congrats! Where are you building 3peat?

geminithinker
3PEAT

Building in Outer East. Yarra Ranges Shire
3PEAT
geminithinker
3PEAT

Building in Outer East. Yarra Ranges Shire

Looks more like a triple storey
dskvic
Votivo45Wallan
Ratnesh
[quote="dave398"][]

Wow all looking fantastic. Anyone building in the North and know who the main SS is?
A bit nervous from some of the things I have read on here about SS. i have an independent inspector who is a private builder friend of mine. So i know im in good hands there.

Hi, I heard it is TJ. We had him for the first part of our Home build and heard he moved to northern suburbs. He is calm and easy to talk to. Responds Well to calls and messages.[/quote]

We are building in north which estate you are building?

pEast
Hi Richaley

Hey pEast, yes we're planning on having the niches in the showers, looking at a 1200 x 450 niche in the master ensuite if possible.
dskvic
Hi richaley We got The Audio Experts to do our prewiring. Not a problem with Arden to bring them in. We also got Arden to do sound insulation batts for the walls and ceiling of home theatre with a solid core door. Just a suggestion.

Thanks dskvic
Richaley
pEast
Hi Richaley

Hey pEast, yes we're planning on having the niches in the showers, looking at a 1200 x 450 niche in the master ensuite if possible.

Yeah I could not notice it in ur drawings and therefore thought u might have missed - I think from standard size 450x450 or 300x600 it should not cost much more - a bigger niche looks good - would not surprise me if for a double size if it costs only another 100 bucks - making it worth it
Ratnesh
dskvic
Votivo45Wallan

Hi, I heard it is TJ. We had him for the first part of our Home build and heard he moved to northern suburbs. He is calm and easy to talk to. Responds Well to calls and messages.

We are building in north which estate you are building?

Hi, we are building in the western suburbs
Richaley
pEast
Hi Richaley

Good idea! If I'd seen The Block before I'd signed contracts I would have done a long niche in master!

pEast
So a few builds starting on this forum now - Ribbox on 20/10, Ezza on 26/10 and myself on 1/11 and votivo45wallan soon as well
And Laijer would have the roof up by now I hope
Ratneesh and Dave probably frame stage
Yep, roof and evap unit has been up for about a week now.

SS called earlier this arvo and told me Hebel on the ground floor is complete, only took them one day to do. Scaffolding is going up soon so they can do the top floor.

Related
You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum