We have a land at elara/stage 25 and can anyone help me with these:

1. Mine subsidence - Yes/No?
2. Fire Zone : Yes/No?
3. Natural Gas or Bottle gas?
4. NBN or Fibre Optic?

Please advise. Thank you

Regards,
Darius

All this should be available in the Section 149 Certificate which forms part of your contract which will answer the first two questions. Ask your solicitor for this who is suppose to provide you a copy of your full contract (I do).

All houses in ELARA has access to natural gas. In regards to NBN it is now FTTN rather than FTTP.

Kind Regards,

Bruce
"Building an Eden Brae Waldorf 50 in North Kellyville"
Blog: http://waldorf50.blogspot.com.au

Wait, it's FTTN? Are you sure? That really doesn't make sense since there is no existing copper. I would be very surprised if they went FTTN, i also was under the impression that all new (large) estates had to install FTTP?
Hopefully, it's FTTP (fiber optic to the premises)

kaycee, may I ask what's the difference in design with Elara's Frontier, Panorama & the Crescent?
I could not see any difference when I look at it, I might be missing out something. Thanks heaps..
@Johnnycamelately: I believe that this is all part of the marketing lingo. They give names to the sub-areas of the estate. Developer guideliness/restrictions may vary according to location but check this with the sales office.

The Crescent Design Guidelines

The Frontier Design Guidelines

The Panorama Design Guidelines

kaycee
@Johnnycamelately: I believe that this is all part of the marketing lingo. They give names to the sub-areas of the estate. Developer guideliness/restrictions may vary according to location but check this with the sales office.

The Crescent Design Guidelines

The Frontier Design Guidelines

The Panorama Design Guidelines

I'm currently at tender stage with my builder
And have a query in regards to the porch/deck/portico clause which states this needs to be 1 m forward from the building line ..

I have noticed in elara that many house just have a path or deck that isn't covered (however the main porch near entry door is covered )

My question is would this be sufficient
Our current porch ends inline with the study as seen in the photo.. I was thinking of making a timber deck go across the study or a concrete porch tiled

kaycee
To all those who are requesting for neighbour info regarding fencing, et.al., send an email to Elara indicating that you are seeking their assistance to be contacted by your neighbours and that you authorise them to provide your name, lot number and contact details to the other owners of specific lots to discuss fencing requirements. This is the most practical way. Cheers!

Hi all and kaycee,

Last week I did the following protocol, in order:

1. Contacted Stockland Elara to provide me the contact numbers of all my neighbours. Stockland said they can't because of privacy law.
2. I contacted Blacktown council, apparently those lot numbers are not available yet or unregistered.
3. Homeone.... (-; go back to number 1....

Regards,

Navy
NavyLion
Hi all and kaycee,

1. Contacted Stockland Elara to provide me the contact numbers of all my neighbours. Stockland said they can't because of privacy law.
2. I contacted Blacktown council, apparently those lot numbers are not available yet or unregistered.

Regards,

Navy

You will simply need to wait until registration. As most lots settle on the same day you will be able to ask Council approximately a few weeks later who the owner is after this time.

Yes the other way to find out is via the homeone forum however just remember not everyone uses this especially if people are purchasing as investors rather than owner occupied homes.

Kind Regards,

Bruce
wongbruce
NavyLion
Hi all and kaycee,

Regards,

Navy

You will simply need to wait until registration. As most lots settle on the same day you will be able to ask Council approximately a few weeks later who the owner is after this time.

Yes the other way to find out is via the homeone forum however just remember not everyone uses this especially if people are purchasing as investors rather than owner occupied homes.

Kind Regards,

Bruce

Thanks Bruce.

Yeah, best option is to wait for couple of weeks more.

Cheers,

Navy
@NavyLion: Elara will not provide your neighbours' details however I don't think it is asking too much if you request Elara to contact your neighbours on your behalf to provide your details to them. This does not violate the Privacy Act.

At The Avenue in Schofields the CSA of the developer recently wrote to us regarding a request from our rear neighbour about fencing requirements so we immediately contacted them without hesitation and we had such a lively chat.

@smatthews: Unless there is a padmount located in the mid-front of Lot 3119, the lucky buyer will get a windfall of $55700. Stockland should honour the published price.
kaycee
@NavyLion: Elara will not provide your neighbours' details however I don't think it is asking too much if you request Elara to contact your neighbours on your behalf to provide your details to them. This does not violate the Privacy Act.

At The Avenue in Schofields the CSA of the developer recently wrote to us regarding a request from our rear neighbour about fencing requirements so we immediately contacted them without hesitation and we had such a lively chat.

@smatthews: Unless there is a padmount located in the mid-front of Lot 3119, the lucky buyer will get a windfall of $55700. Stockland should honour the published price.

Thanks Kaycee, I will try that method next week.

Cheers,

Navy
Friends i have created a forum to discuss about Building with Kaplanhomes

https://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=86832&p=1680968

I'm building with kaplan and i'm sure there will be more with kaplanhomes. If you can share your insights and experience that would be mutually beneficial
This forum is not available, can you help
Kazi
gdmonty
Hi all. We have just been told
By our builder that we need to extend our porch 1 metre from building line (we we aren't too happy about) So now it's 3.5 metres from the road. Does this sound right? The front set back from the road is meant to be 4.5m, is this from front door or porch?

The requirement says,
Front articulation to be 1m forward OR FRONT SETBACK.

I thought if porch is in line with front setback 4.5m, it is also acceptable.
However, check it with Elara. I can be wrong too.

Hi,
I think your builder is right. The porch/ front articulation should come 1m forward fromain building line.

See the building guide for Elara...

Kazi
Kazi
gdmonty
Hi all. We have just been told
By our builder that we need to extend our porch 1 metre from building line (we we aren't too happy about) So now it's 3.5 metres from the road. Does this sound right? The front set back from the road is meant to be 4.5m, is this from front door or porch?

The requirement says,

Hi,
I think your builder is right. The porch/ front articulation should come 1m forward fromain building line.

Yeh we aren't to sure because we have seen many houses who have only a slab that comes the 1m forward from the actual porch if I make any sense lol ?

gdmonty
Kazi
Kazi
[quote="gdmonty"]Hi all. We have just been told

The requirement says,

Hi,

Yeh we aren't to sure because we have seen many houses who have only a slab that comes the 1m forward from the actual porch if I make any sense lol ?

[/quote]

Hi,

Our land will be registered some time in april -may and I am looking for people who can do:
1. Flooring (tiles)
2. install downlights
3. Landscape
4. Driveway
5. Blinds installation

Can someone please help me find a good one? Any recommendation? Thanks!

NavyLion
wongbruce
NavyLion
Hi all and kaycee,

Regards,

Navy

Kind Regards,

Bruce

Thanks Bruce.

Yeah, best option is to wait for couple of weeks more.

Cheers,

Navy

Hi NavyLion, I can see from your blog you expecting your land to be registered sometime April - May. Unless you have some other valid reason to find your neighbors contact, I will not worry about fencing part till PCI. I moved in last month and I only contacted my neighbors on handover day without too much of a issue.
All the best !
Great Beginnings Marsden Park
any neighbors for lot 2101?
First Home Buyer Offer for Pavilions at the Sydney Olympic Park by Mirvac Homes. Opportunities like this does not come very often.

Major apartment development to offer first homebuyers dibs

NSW government urges developers to follow Mirvac plan to help first-home buyers
@mdar: Ask again a month before your handover.
Related
You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum