Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Homes / Avoca 23 / Handover 6th of August

Page 11 of 14
Love your facade!!!
Where are the shutters going?
Funny you have a little mouse in your house! Theres currently one running round our house ๐Ÿ™…๐Ÿ™Š
bestspecials
Looks great. Facade has come up very nicely.
Your ensuite looks massive.
๐Ÿ˜€

it is, it even has it's own bath tub! I think the whole appeal of the Avocas is the master/ensuite

I was wondering if the master has too much space to be honest, but once the bed is in it should just look spacious. It will look SUPER spacious for a while as we haven't found a bed frame we adore yet haha.
CC7
bestspecials
๐Ÿ˜€

it is, it even has it's own bath tub! I think the whole appeal of the Avocas is the master/ensuite

I was wondering if the master has too much space to be honest, but once the bed is in it should just look spacious. It will look SUPER spacious for a while as we haven't found a bed frame we adore yet haha.

You think your master bedroom has too much space, you should see our outdoor area. I think it grows bigger every time I see it. I love the look of big ensuites, but I never spend much time in the bathroom so we just made the shower bigger.

I am sure your bedroom will look fabulous. Our last house had a massive master bedroom (5.5m x 4m) which was great when the kids were growing up and the room we have in the rental is like 3m x 3m which is small and squashy, so the new master of 3.8m x 3.4m will be something in between. I feel like Goldilocks.

We are going to start shopping after we move in. I still need to measure for curtains and blinds. I still don't know what I want. Maybe some nice floral print sheets to start with.
Dylandbrooke
Love your facade!!!
Where are the shutters going?
Funny you have a little mouse in your house! Theres currently one running round our house ๐Ÿ™…๐Ÿ™Š

The cold weather must bring them out. At least they are cuter than a rat haha

The shutters are going the wall the master and ensuite share. Itโ€™s a flipping large cut out, I think itโ€™s 1850ish by 1400mm

bestspecials
CC7
bestspecials
๐Ÿ˜€

You think your master bedroom has too much space, you should see our outdoor area. I think it grows bigger every time I see it. I love the look of big ensuites, but I never spend much time in the bathroom so we just made the shower bigger.

I am sure your bedroom will look fabulous. Our last house had a massive master bedroom (5.5m x 4m) which was great when the kids were growing up and the room we have in the rental is like 3m x 3m which is small and squashy, so the new master of 3.8m x 3.4m will be something in between. I feel like Goldilocks.

We are going to start shopping after we move in. I still need to measure for curtains and blinds. I still don't know what I want. Maybe some nice floral print sheets to start with.

i looooove your outdoor area. Pictures tend to make things look smaller, so it must be lovely and huge. We don't have the yard space for a larger entertaining area, i feel like all 5 neighbours would hear every thing we say haha, if we had some breathing room we probably would have. But we pushed out to the eaves, and put concrete in front of the master slider (its next to the outdoor area) so it kind of looks bigger and a bit more completed

your new room seems like the perfect size actually. Our front two rooms are small hahaha, one will be the office and one will be a spare bedroom, they will look squished I bet.

i think we MAY get light filtering rollers in the living area/office. and blockouts in the bedrooms/media. We tried to get an idea of what colour we would go, with a paint swatch at the house. but once the paint is on the wall it may look a lot different, so we'll have to wait till we move in and get it right the first time. So we will have floral bedsheets up too!! haha, The house over the back (looking into our master) will probably start in a month or two, so we are hoping to get a fence up soon, so that's sorted before we move in and before they start
Met the tiler on site early this morning everything was in order, correct tiles were ordered by Beaumont . He's very organised and I can tell he's done this a thousand times and more, so i'm quite confident it's going to look amazing - his work that is, let's hope our grout decisions work out for the best in the end haha

Painter is due to start Friday or Monday. Lock out is this week
Went out last night, no photos as it was dark. We are locked out
but our stone is in, our wet area floors and walls are done and ready to be grouted. Heading out Monday afternoon so will try and snap some photos then.

with the new fence issue, the neighbour builders went off the old quote without the retaining wall. Our SS said one needs to be put in.

I donโ€™t think the company is prepared to take it down, and they have come to a solution to put a retaining wall on our land, face fit with the posts and fill it with gravel or dirt. We headed out to try and see how that would look in terms of width

Itโ€™s very frustrating as we did everything right and they said yes to the original retaining wall and even did up a new quote and then they just forgot. I donโ€™t want something that is so narrow that nothing can even be planted there, and we just have a random edge. I donโ€™t mind having a wider one for some small plants but my only issue is that at the front of the house itโ€™s much narrower, we donโ€™t have a side gate yet and I worry having some timber beds at that section would stop the gate opening from opening wide. So I donโ€™t know how that section will work .

It would only be one sleeper higher, so itโ€™s probably not worth taking the fence down? Waiting to hear back from our SS to confirm how it will actually look before we make a decision. Heโ€™s been great

I canโ€™t believe the most headaches with the actual building side of this have all been about fence issues! And nothing to do with Coral, so thatโ€™s the positive haha
Oh no how frustrating about your fence!! Canโ€™t wait to see you pics!! ๐Ÿ˜„
Painting has begun! They prepped the house last week, and he said hes due to finish on Thursday. Meet him on site yesterday morning and we are getting him to paint the bathroom walls white instead of the regular light grey we chose for the rest of the house. One less thing we have to do after handover (or in this case, one less favour i have to ask my brother for haha)

Snapped some tiling photos for the forum while i was there, since the others we had were through the windows (threw in a few in for good measure anyways)

Laundry - not get grouted yet - will be white although i really love this look

Kitchen. Not yet grouted but we are assuming it will look very close to how it appears now

bathroom feature splashback, not yet grouted - will be white

I forgot to snap a full photo of the bathrooms at our meeting, so here's one from earlier with crap lighting
It's all looking lovely and coming together nicely.
holy moly those feature tiles look absolutely lovely!
Nublette
holy moly those feature tiles look absolutely lovely!

thank you Nublette, good to finally see them on the wall and not in my head haha
Love the bathroom feature tiles! They turned out great! Gosh we have good taste
hah
Also I have only just noticed, you are building the coral home that we wanted to build in the beginning, but decided not to go with coral! I love the Avoca 23 and canโ€™t wait to see how it all turns out for you!
Oh my ๐Ÿ˜ loving the tiles ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ and LOVE the grey grout!!! I want!!!!
breebarter
Also I have only just noticed, you are building the coral home that we wanted to build in the beginning, but decided not to go with coral! I love the Avoca 23 and canโ€™t wait to see how it all turns out for you!

Thanks Bree! We really do have similar taste then haha, the Avoca was pretty much the only plan we loved to bits straight away, and we pretty much only customized it for more storage
Dylandbrooke
Oh my ๐Ÿ˜ loving the tiles ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ and LOVE the grey grout!!! I want!!!!

aww thanks!! huge sigh of relief was had when I saw the tiles for the first time actually, we were locked out and i just stood around the corner getting my mind right in case it looked like utter trash, bahhaha. It's not grouted yet but i think it will look pretty similar.

Everyone goes Misty Grey for the grout apparently - our fantastic tiler had each of the different tiles out for our on site meeting, and he wrote on each one where it was going, and wrote 'misty grey' as our grout colour even though we picked the darker grey. He was just so used to people using the lighter with the tile. I was a little nervous pulling away from the herd haha
Looks amazing!!๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
We are getting our tiles at the moment. But our tiler keeps complaining because we have subways, brickbond and herringbone layouts. But seeing yours make it worth it to keep on him. Lol!
mj-mac4
Looks amazing!!๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
We are getting our tiles at the moment. But our tiler keeps complaining because we have subways, brickbond and herringbone layouts. But seeing yours make it worth it to keep on him. Lol!

Keep the herringbone for sure!! I think if they are in different rooms it shouldnโ€™t matter if tiles are different patterns. I saw your tiling photo - all your colours tie in beautifully so nothing in the house will clash.
CC7
mj-mac4
Looks amazing!!๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Keep the herringbone for sure!! I think if they are in different rooms it shouldnโ€™t matter if tiles are different patterns. I saw your tiling photo - all your colours tie in beautifully so nothing in the house will clash.

Thanks CC7! โ˜บ๏ธ
Related
2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

27/05/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

Hi so sorry for the late reply. I already contacted them and they wouldn't tell me instead they tried to get me to talk to one of their home coordinators and I'm not…

12/09/2023
Can a variation dispute hold up handover?

Building A New House

yes it does, you've just not understood it. theres a difference.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum