Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Fowler Homes Catalina 23 - Oran Park

Page 11 of 19
Lara21
How exciting for you Lemans, so great to hear your build is progressing so well too! Where about are you building?

We have our PCI on Thursday! We popped by the house yesterday and I took some pics through the windows, was hoping to see the main floor tiles but they were all covered in plastic as they are currently painting.

I'll post some pics

Hi Lara

My husband and I are building in the South west of Sydney, near Edmondson Park.

Good luck for PCI this Thursday! I’ll be visiting my house on that day too, am so excited to see the stairs doors and kitchen etc.

CW_L
Cant wait to see your pics Lemans, when did construction start for you and whats your completion eta?
Yay thats wonderful lara21! I hope your PCI goes well! Please let us know how it goes.

Hi CW

Our construction start date was 3rd November but our site supervisor started 5 days early, so we officially started 30 Oct.

Our PCI date on the contract is 34 weeks, our SS said we are currently on track and could possibly be in by July 🤞

He’s been so great to deal with. Super organised and friendly too. I was stressing so much prior to starting but so far i have been pretty happy with our build.

Lemans Thats fantastic news!! i have my fingers crossed for you too! Is this your first build?
Edmondson Park is a great suburb. Everything is fairly close which is convenient. I hope our SS is the same or just as good !
Hi FH Fam!!

Just wanted to see if any of you guys got Canadian Bay, Gybe carpet through Fowler?

The studio had horrid lighting when we chose and I didnt get to take a picture of it

Can someone post a pic if you picked it too?

Portofino38
Hi FH Fam!!

Just wanted to see if any of you guys got Canadian Bay, Gybe carpet through Fowler?

The studio had horrid lighting when we chose and I didnt get to take a picture of it

What colour was Gybe? I took a pic with four different colours but not sure what the names of them were, will post it anyways!
Portofino38
Hi FH Fam!!

Lara21
Portofino38
Hi FH Fam!!

Anyone remember if its either of the 2 on right..or the dark brown on the left lol?

I totally dont remember hahah!

Portofino38
Lara21
Portofino38
Hi FH Fam!!

Anyone remember if its either of the 2 on right..or the dark brown on the left lol?

I totally dont remember hahah!

I just looked it up online and it looks like it’s the brown one on the left maybe? I liked that one too but ended up going the grey because of the kids
Or maybe the one on the right!? Haha so hard to tell!
Lara21
Or maybe the one on the right!? Haha so hard to tell!
I know coz some websites have it as the slightly lighter one...

Im secretly hoping its the lightest one as i ended up picking white tiles!

Hahha...i may just need to be surprised when it gets installed lol!

Haha hopefully it’s a good surprise!
Lara21
Haha hopefully it’s a good surprise!
Lol. I know

Lara have you moved in yet??

No not yet. Our driveway was meant to be poured last saturday but wasn't ( I think possibly due to the weather) so its being poured tomorrow. The IOC can't be booked until driveway is poured so most likely will be two weeks from tomorrow I think.

PCI went well though, mainly paint touch ups that we picked up on and a few other minor things. This week shower screens went in along with mirrors and all the wardrobes.

What stage are you guys at now?
Lara21
No not yet. Our driveway was meant to be poured last saturday but wasn't ( I think possibly due to the weather) so its being poured tomorrow. The IOC can't be booked until driveway is poured so most likely will be two weeks from tomorrow I think.

PCI went well though, mainly paint touch ups that we picked up on and a few other minor things. This week shower screens went in along with mirrors and all the wardrobes.

What stage are you guys at now?
We've just finished frames and roof stage so i think we're at close up stage. In saying that...our house has been sitting pretty for 3 weeks and no work has been done

Hi guys

Just an update on ours.

We had an issue with our tiles this week. The main floor tiles we originally chose aren’t arriving til June and the colours were apparently also arriving in different shades so i had to reselect asap.

I ended up upgrading to 600x600 porcelain instead of the 450x450 ceramic. Unfortunately we won’t be able to have screeding as it’s too far into the build so only wet areas are screeded and the main flooring will be glued on.

Our build has been moving incredibly fast, I’m quite shocked cause i was expecting it to be a lengthy build going by previous threads.

We’ve had our kitchen/laundry/vanity installed, waterproofing, doors and ac/electrical cutouts completed.

I think we’re tiling next week!

Lemans
Hi guys

Just an update on ours.

We had an issue with our tiles this week. The main floor tiles we originally chose aren’t arriving til June and the colours were apparently also arriving in different shades so i had to reselect asap.

I ended up upgrading to 600x600 porcelain instead of the 450x450 ceramic. Unfortunately we won’t be able to have screeding as it’s too far into the build so only wet areas are screeded and the main flooring will be glued on.

Our build has been moving incredibly fast, I’m quite shocked cause i was expecting it to be a lengthy build going by previous threads.

We’ve had our kitchen/laundry/vanity installed, waterproofing, doors and ac/electrical cutouts completed.

Are you doing your tiles after hand over or through Fowler?

Portofino38
Lemans
Hi guys

Just an update on ours.

Are you doing your tiles after hand over or through Fowler?

I’m doing them through Fowler.

Hey everyone! Thanks for the updates! We've just resent off our final contract! So were in the 20day production phase.

lara21 i saw the photos of the driveway! looks great! Sounds like your PCI went quite smoothly if its just paint you picked up on

portofino38 Wow! its been ages! What have they been saying is the hold up?

lemans! Looking great!! Really love how big your laundry is! Jealous of the cabinetry in there.
Can i ask what floor tiling you had originally selected?
How much more did it cost you to upgrade to 600x600?
Lemans
Hi guys

Just an update on ours.

Your place looks amazing!!
CW_L
Hey everyone! Thanks for the updates! We've just resent off our final contract! So were in the 20day production phase.

lara21 i saw the photos of the driveway! looks great! Sounds like your PCI went quite smoothly if its just paint you picked up on

portofino38 Wow! its been ages! What have they been saying is the hold up?

lemans! Looking great!! Really love how big your laundry is! Jealous of the cabinetry in there.
Can i ask what floor tiling you had originally selected?
How much more did it cost you to upgrade to 600x600?

Thanks CW!

I’m quite happy with how my laundry turned out. I made a last minute decision to change the layout to include a pull out hamper. The two doors under the sink is cabinet storage space and the right is where my pull out hamper is now.

I was on the older packages like Portofino so i had a smaller allowance on tiles.

My original selection for main floor/laundry/WC were 450x450 Kierrastone Grey non rectified ceramic tiles. It was an upgrade of $7 per sqm extra, all up i paid about $620.

I’ve now changed my flooring to 600x600 rectified porcelain and it’s added an extra 5.3k to my budget.
They didn’t charge me for screeding since I’m so far into the build already so if i had to pay for screeding i imagine the price would be much higher.

I was also after the concrete look but I didn’t want to go too dark.

This was my original, Kierrastone Grey

I upgraded to this, not sure what the name is but the code for my size is PEBWH60L with matching smooth grey grout

Left is downtown ash lappato, another tile i was considering
Middle is my new selection
Right was my previous selection

Related
14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

15/09/2023
Fowler Homes - disappointment?

Building A New House

Anyone built with Fowler Homes? Feedback? Especially any things concerning or negatives? Have heard some horror…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum