Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Homes Build SEQ - modified Grange 20

Page 11 of 15
PSA: Target had $8 cushions the other day. (The solid colours). Greys and pinks and navy.

haha bargain!! target is slowly becoming the new k-mart
klea
Exciting news today. SS called about something and I decided to ask about PC given there's hardly anything left to do. PC is currently planned for 22nd August and then handover on 5th September. This may change if anything is delayed but sounds good to me! That's PC in week 14 of build and handover week 16 if all goes to plan.
That is awesome!!!

Follow our Build:
forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=85959
YES!!! I love cushions!!!!
Wow your build surly has flown and I hope pci and handover stays on track for you. Love the pins and what a bargin with those cushions. P.s im band from buying anymore cushions!

https://www.homeone.com.au/member/bribiebell
klea
bestspecials
I have been told that 800mm is standard which looks wide enough. We were thinking about increasing to 900mm but I don't know if we will need to.

800 is fine. Underbench cupboards are usually 600 to fit dishwasher etc. so the extra 100mm (300 rather than 200) just gives you that extra overhang for people sitting at stools.
if you're going ceasarstone, it's crazy expensive especially for upgraded ranges, so you'll appreciate 100mm less benchtop on the moneynside of things!

I am looking at the Nougat caesarstone (which is the builders range) and if I don't like that as much as I think, I am hoping that Ice Snow is not too much of an upgrade. We are looking at shortening our island by 300mm to 2600mm , so hoping that the reduction in length might offset the 100mm on the width. The overall area is the same just different dimentions. We are heading down the colour road of bones through to chocolate with white splashback, so completely different colour palette to you but it is good to see how all the colours come together. It is so hard looking at tiles and trying to work out how they come together.
Personally, I think it would be easier to say to someone "This is the colours I like. You pick and I will move in".
I don't think you would save much on reducing the length of your island benchtop. I work in commercial construction and i know we buy ceaserstone sheets and they come in 3000mm x 1800mm. If you reduce your length from 2900 to 2600 you'll have a 400mm piece of stone left over which won't have much use.
Thanks E2000. Yes Gai, that's very likely that some builders might charge for the whole sheet, although when I did my colour appt with Coral they seemed to work to a sqm rate. Worth asking at your colour appointment. I also suspect some builders would opt to use the offcuts pieces for the 40mm edge detail they do, (which they charge through the nose for). That's quite a popular one with coral as it's in a lot of their upgrade packages. They just mitre a 40mm downstand piece, but people assume they get a 40mm thick slab.
Splashback went in last Friday and I love the tile. Unfortunately the embossed pattern can't be seen in my terrible zoomed in photos through the back door but it was stunning in real life. When I can get inside again I'll take a better photo to get the effect. As with anybody who has a kitchen bench up against a wall, coral insists on tiling the return wall, not just the "back" of the bench. They did this to mine..

Thought they'd actually cut the corner out of the tile but on closer inspection it appears to just be the top strip of tile (splashback is 2 and a bit tiles high). Who knows why they decided not to put that last piece in. Ss is onto them to get it corrected.
klea
Splashback went in last Friday and I love the tile. Unfortunately the embossed pattern can't be seen in my terrible zoomed in photos through the back door but it was stunning in real life. When I can get inside again I'll take a better photo to get the effect. As with anybody who has a kitchen bench up against a wall, coral insists on tiling the return wall, not just the "back" of the bench. They did this to mine..

Thought they'd actually cut the corner out of the tile but on closer inspection it appears to just be the top strip of tile (splashback is 2 and a bit tiles high). Who knows why they decided not to put that last piece in. Ss is onto them to get it corrected.

Looks great! Can kind of see the pattern. Can't wait to see it close up. I was looking at the corner 'cut out' and wondering what they had done. And why! Hopefully they put another piece in. It looks a bit odd like that.
How long after the kitchen went in did your bench tops go in? And what colour are your bench tops?
Hey just checked. Cabinetry in 12th July, benchtops in 20th. So 8 days later!
My kitchen is Oyster. Same colour as urban (which is in my laundry and ensuite) but just a different pattern in the ceasarstone.
Wow klea! Things are moving along quite nicely. I love your kitchen and your splash back. Great to hear the SS is on to the tilers to fix your splash back, it will look finished once it's fixed.
We're in week 12 of the build and shower screens and robe doors just went in. External screens almost done. One week today til driveway pour.
The thing I was most excited about seeing - the flooring choices installed, is just about the last thing left (hopefully before the driveway). It's also the thing that will change the feel of the spaces the most as we've been staring at them with grey concrete for so long. Can't wait!

klea
We're in week 12 of the build and shower screens and robe doors just went in. External screens almost done. One week today til driveway pour.
The thing I was most excited about seeing - the flooring choices installed, is just about the last thing left (hopefully before the driveway). It's also the thing that will change the feel of the spaces the most as we've been staring at them with grey concrete for so long. Can't wait!

They look like amazing choices, can't wait to see them come all together for you! Plus such a great build time!!

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=85653&p=1642230#p1642230
Week 13: Going out tomorrow to hopefully take another Lego photo in the daylight. Flooring has been delayed for unknown reason. Vinyl planks turned up in my skip but nothing in the house.

Front screen door went on today.. 🤦‍♂️needless to say, going to ask them to flip it.

Kerb cut - driveway formwork Thursday and poured Friday!

And having dramas over screen doors to corner stackers out the back which you can read about on the Coral general build thread. Turns out they never got put in my contract (despite a clear email direction from me to add them in) but apparently I still paid $2000 in my tender letter which nobody can tell me what it's for without looking into it. SS is telling me the $2k is to upgrade to a wider door track so that screens can be purchased and added in at a future date. So I can go and order screen doors after handover but what peeves me is that it was misrepresented to me by my sales consultant. If it really is $2k for a wider track there's no WAY I'd have requested it. Thought I was getting screens for that money.
klea
Week 13: Going out tomorrow to hopefully take another Lego photo in the daylight. Flooring has been delayed for unknown reason. Vinyl planks turned up in my skip but nothing in the house.

Front screen door went on today.. 🤦‍♂️needless to say, going to ask them to flip it.

You can't teach stupid honestly..... What goes through the mind of some people.....
klea

Kerb cut - driveway formwork Thursday and poured Friday!

Oh dear... why would they install the screen door that way? Im no builder, but even i would have realised that its not right :/
My jaw actually dropped when I saw that screen door, fat out! Why would anyone pay 2k for larger tracks. Expecially when you have them doing other screen its obvious you would get all the doors done

https://www.homeone.com.au/member/bribiebell
Looks great apart from the screen door wtf
Though we had our sparkie fit our heated towel rail as high as the first tile up the wall - he felt so bad when we asked who the hell fitted that and do they have no common sense - it was him not his boys - cost him a box of beer with tiler to fix

It is all coming together nicely
very exciting. And also exciting that I am only a couple of weeks behind you!!
How disappointing about the tracks! And that front screen door ???
Related
2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

27/05/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

Hi so sorry for the late reply. I already contacted them and they wouldn't tell me instead they tried to get me to talk to one of their home coordinators and I'm not…

21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum