Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

New here we are building the Doulton 56 with extension

Page 11 of 77
Doulton777
emmyawards
Doulton777
[quote="emmyawards"]Can't say I blame them.

What are you building? I'm pretty sure I'm following you. Have you started yet? I don't see anything in my feed. But maybe because I'm still trying to work out this site.

I'm building the Vantage. Haven't got a thread because we only just put in the deposit so I've got nothing to show haha. I'm unsure yet if I'm going to have time to start a thread as I'm having a baby in May and I might be too busy with the new baby and a toddler but we shall see!!

Oh is that the one that's similar to the Somerset?

Yeah it's hard when you got kids. Ours hasn't got started yet. Hopefully it's next month. When is your due date?

[/quote]

Haha I thought when you press on that person thing you end up following them. This site is still so confusing.

Doulton777
emmyawards
Doulton777
[quote="emmyawards"]Can't say I blame them.

What are you building? I'm pretty sure I'm following you. Have you started yet? I don't see anything in my feed. But maybe because I'm still trying to work out this site.

I'm building the Vantage. Haven't got a thread because we only just put in the deposit so I've got nothing to show haha. I'm unsure yet if I'm going to have time to start a thread as I'm having a baby in May and I might be too busy with the new baby and a toddler but we shall see!!

Yeah it's hard when you got kids. Ours hasn't got started yet. Hopefully it's next month. When is your due date?

[/quote]

This is the Vantage http://www.metricon.com.au/new-home-designs/melbourne/vantage. We are building the 46 but have made some changes to the downstairs including adding a butlers pantry and walk in pantry, a drying room, cloak room and additional storage space next to the stairs.

I'm due in May. Totally ready to be on leave now.

emmyawards
Doulton777
emmyawards
[quote="Doulton777"][quote="emmyawards"]Can't say I blame them.

[/quote]

This is the Vantage http://www.metricon.com.au/new-home-designs/melbourne/vantage. We are building the 46 but have made some changes to the downstairs including adding a butlers pantry and walk in pantry, a drying room, cloak room and additional storage space next to the stairs.

[/quote]

Oh ok. I will check it out. With being due in May. I meant what date?

Doulton777
emmyawards
Doulton777
[quote="emmyawards"][quote="Doulton777"][quote="emmyawards"]Can't say I blame them.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh duh. 19th. Haha. Sadly I think I'll be back at work long before my house is built. I'm living vicariously through everyone else's builds. I'm not even up to prelim yet!

Doulton777
emmyawards
Doulton777
[quote="emmyawards"][quote="Doulton777"][quote="emmyawards"]Can't say I blame them.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Sounds great Emmy! Are looking at doing something similar with our mushroom. Do you have any layouts you can upload?
Yes this thread needs some images! I wanna see some plans!!!!
Special_K
Doulton777
emmyawards
[quote="Doulton777"][quote="emmyawards"][quote="Doulton777"][quote="emmyawards"]Can't say I blame them.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Sounds great Emmy! Are looking at doing something similar with our mushroom. Do you have any layouts you can upload?[/quote]

Mushroom? Nope no layouts yet. Waiting for them to come back from sales consultant.

emmyawards
Doulton777
emmyawards
[quote="Doulton777"][quote="emmyawards"][quote="Doulton777"][quote="emmyawards"]Can't say I blame them.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh duh. 19th. Haha. Sadly I think I'll be back at work long before my house is built. I'm living vicariously through everyone else's builds. I'm not even up to prelim yet!

[/quote]

Lol my daughters birthday is on the 18th. And it will be her 18th birthday lol. I had her during one of our other builds. She was my 6th girl. She was a surprise baby. I found out at 3mths I was pg with her. I didn't go to the doctor till I was 5mths.

I'm living through everyone's now as well
. Can't wait to start ours.

dulie

I know it's frustrating for me. As I still haven't got the offical plans. It's taken them since the 13th of feb till now. To get all the variations done. My plans have been put through to compliance just this week. But soon as I get them I will post them.

Anyone whose construction has started yet? Ours is most probably in May end or Beginning June. Pls post pics if already started. I am so eager to see that.
Doulton777
dulie

I know it's frustrating for me. As I still haven't got the offical plans. It's taken them since the 13th of feb till now. To get all the variations done. My plans have been put through to compliance just this week. But soon as I get them I will post them.

Did you get your final official plans yet? Mine is also still pending.
Sanuaka
Doulton777
dulie

Did you get your final official plans yet? Mine is also still pending.

Nope still haven't because they mucked up on the variations again. So soon as that's done. Then drafting will put it in. Then we should finally get our plans. We are suppose to be on site this month. I can't see it happening. I hope I'm wrong.

Why is yours still pending?

Council problem. I hope that get sorted out soon. Also waiting for the Loan Contract documents. They will start preparing final drawings after all these are done. My husband is overseas for a while so papers has to go to him and come back after he signs all the document. So it will take a while. Lets hope its done within 15 days.
Really what kind of council problems? Did you do your loan first? And then they put it through to council? Or they did it same time? We still have to go to banks with ours too.

Good thing email exists. Or else it would be a big problem.

Doulton777
Really what kind of council problems? Did you do your loan first? And then they put it through to council? Or they did it same time? We still have to go to banks with ours too.

I think they had to move the house back by half a meter. Thats what I know till date. Yes Loan has been approved. All other things done. I will talk to my SC today to know the status.
Sanuaka
Doulton777

I think they had to move the house back by half a meter. Thats what I know till date. Yes Loan has been approved. All other things done. I will talk to my SC today to know the status.

Did you get your pre-approval done before? We didnt take much time as we had our pre-approval done before hand so it hardly took 1 week to get the final approval.
Sanuaka
Sanuaka
Doulton777

Did you get your pre-approval done before? We didnt take much time as we had our pre-approval done before hand so it hardly took 1 week to get the final approval.

Yep we got pre approval. But we went over it. So we need to apply for the full amount.

How about you? Did you go over your budget? Or did you stick with pre approval amount?

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Doulton777
How about you? Did you go over your budget? Or did you stick with pre approval amount?

viewtopic.php?t=86597

No we did go way over out estimated budget but by God's grace it got approved. One of my friend who lives near my land told me today that the taps are installed. I am assuming that the construction should start soon. Hopefully I am right.
Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

28/06/2023
Second story extension on steel frame house

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, We have a single story MacDonald Jones house, on a waffle pod slab with steel frame. Are we able to build a second story extension? Other info is we are 900mm from…

29/06/2023
Renovation/Extension at Auchenflower, Brisbane.

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hello Josh, This is Irving from PRIMA, we are a manufacturer of the staircase, railings, kitchen cabinets, windows, doors from China. If you have requirement to purchase…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum