Colour questions?

Page 11 of 20
RECO
Hi Michelle
Need ur advice regarding render color
Window and garage door is Jasper
Brick is austral access ash
I need anther light render color go with jasper
Thinking between Dulux linseed and colorbond paperbark ?

Hi....Dulux Linseed or Candlebark, perfect!

Michelle
Anyone with a colour questions?

Hi Michelle
Needing advice on colour scheme for new build please. Bricks are Austral Wilderness Grey Gum. Windows are white. Considering having Basalt roof & gutters, Shale Grey Fascia. Shale Grey Weatherboard feature with White trim around windows. Painted white front door and timber post. Garage door Basalt or Shale Grey with white trims. What are your thoughts on this colour scheme please?
Hi Michelle

Would love your ideas with a colour issue

We originally wanted white windows but our council has veto’d. We have agreed on surfmist which I am fine with on the outside (we are having surfmist roof and navy weatherboards)

On the inside we had wanted crisp white trims to the windows with a warm white wall (something like Dulux Natural White).but am worried that the crisp white trims will make the surfmist windows frames look “dirty”.

Any suggestions for trim and wall colours that would work with surfmist windows? But also work with white tiled bathroom walls.

Style of the house I would describe as Modern Country.

Floors will be spotted gum tile
https://www.harveynorman.com.au/austral ... tiles.html

We will be having black accents (lights, handles, hinges, fireplace etc).

Doors are shaker style (Corinthian PMOD)

Am tossing up between navy or black shaker kitchen cabinets (with marble look benchtop)

Bathrooms were planned to be a mixture of white, timber and navy (or black).
I'm so sorry, I've been sick, then very busy then a new grand baby in my life. Its been a very hectic time for me.
Do you both still need help?
Michelle
I'm so sorry, I've been sick, then very busy then a new grand baby in my life. Its been a very hectic time for me.

Hi Michelle

congrats on the new grandbaby!

If you have time, would love any feedabck. My current thinking is Taubmans Cotton Sheets for both trims (Semi-gloss) and walls (low sheen)
seechange
Michelle

Hi Michelle

If you have time, would love any feedabck. My current thinking is Taubmans Cotton Sheets for both trims (Semi-gloss) and walls (low sheen)

Thanks you so much!!!
Been really busy, do you still need help?
Really sorry.

Hi,

Can someone help me please.We are building a double storey house.I have attached the plan of the facade.We have our selections on saturday and i am so confused.

We think we want to go with Austral Chestnut Brick.Not way too fussed with the brick as its really only the back its full bricks as the front of the house and most of the sides is going to be rendered.

As of now we are thinking Beige Royal for the Render with Ironstone Windows and Gutters.And not sure with the downpipes ,do we have the same ironstone or do we match with the render colour?

Roof is tiles so thinking of the barramundi or something similar in colour to ironstone.

I am wondering for the render if we stay with the Beige Royal or go with Paperbark ?And with Fascia do we match with the render or go with something like surfmist or dune?

Garage door is Caoba.I would like to match the front door to the garage door if possible.What would my options be other than upgrading to getting a stained door?

As you can see i am totally confused.I have attached an image of a carlisle home facade colour that i really loved.If i could come close to that in render would every happy.

Would really appreciate any help!!!

Thanks and Regards,

Tania

Michelle
seechange
Michelle

Hi Michelle

Thanks you so much!!!
Been really busy, do you still need help?
Really sorry.

HI Michelle

Would love your advice if you have time! Thankyou so much
seechange
Michelle

Hi Michelle

This is a lovely warm colour, nice to see a move away from grey!

Full gloss on all trims.

Thanks for waiting for me

Hi Michelle

I need to use taubmans. I would love a lovely white inside - neutral white, bright but not cream or yellow tinge at all. If i had to pick id go cool over warm but if i could get a true neutral white id love it. Would cotton sheets fit this bill?

Also for out side. I would like white and black. White render downstairs, black cladding upstairs - would you suggest moument or a darker colour. What colour white. Couple of pics of looks im going for. I would warm it up with timber look garage and timber front door I think. Windows I would go for black or monument.

Thanks for any help!
msresearcher
Hi Michelle

I need to use taubmans. I would love a lovely white inside - neutral white, bright but not cream or yellow tinge at all. If i had to pick id go cool over warm but if i could get a true neutral white id love it. Would cotton sheets fit this bill?

Also for out side. I would like white and black. White render downstairs, black cladding upstairs - would you suggest moument or a darker colour. What colour white. Couple of pics of looks im going for. I would warm it up with timber look garage and timber front door I think.

Thanks for any help!

Here are the pics I referred to

msresearcher
msresearcher
Hi Michelle

Also for out side. I would like white and black. White render downstairs, black cladding upstairs - would you suggest moument or a darker colour. What colour white. Couple of pics of looks im going for. I would warm it up with timber look garage and timber front door I think.

Thanks for any help!

I'm so sorry....I've been so busy!!
Can I still help you over the weekend or am I too late??
Hi Michelle,

Our developer has advised us that we can't choose a roof colour darker than 808080. I searched on google which looks similar to grey. We are going for Monier roof tile and I like Barramundi instead of Babylon. Is Barramundi darker than 808080 or just about right?

Thanks
Melbournevic
Hi Michelle,

Our developer has advised us that we can't choose a roof colour darker than 808080. I searched on google which looks similar to grey. We are going for Monier roof tile and I like Barramundi instead of Babylon. Is Barramundi darker than 808080 or just about right?

Thanks

I'm sorry, I have no idea. Your builder needs to be a little more helpful on that request. Barramundi is a mid to light colour though.

Michelle
Melbournevic
Hi Michelle,

Thanks

I'm sorry, I have no idea. Your builder needs to be a little more helpful on that request. Barramundi is a mid to light colour though.

Thanks Michelle and no probs at all. If Barramundi is a mid to light colour then we should be fine but I'll check with the builder.
Michelle
msresearcher
msresearcher
Hi Michelle

Thanks for any help!

I'm so sorry....I've been so busy!!
Can I still help you over the weekend or am I too late??

Yes that would be great. Thanks!
Am thinking taubmans crisp white for render and monument for cladding.
Related
13/09/2023
decoration and colour questions

Interior Decorating Lounge

Thanks for that! Yeah, I was thinking timber front door.

7/07/2023
Retaining wall questions

Landscape & Garden Design

Not sure what council area you are in. Some LGA's allow zero lot retaining walls. This usually occurs in greenfield developments but not often in established areas. You…

2/09/2023
Questions to ask a builder before you begin?

Building A New House

Ardo That is so funny! I wonder how many people know who Larry Haun is these days. I have a couple of young guys we call Mo 1 & Mo 2 who run a crew of 6 boys and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum