Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

B & D's First build with HGWA

Page 11 of 17

Laundry

Follow our HGWA build in Baldivis @ viewtopic.php?t=83352&f=31&p=1604334#p1604334

Kitchen

Follow our HGWA build in Baldivis @ viewtopic.php?t=83352&f=31&p=1604334#p1604334

Kitchen bench
can't wait to see the Essastone, I was dying to pull back the plastic. Waterfall ends still to be put on

Cupboards look great! You'll never run out of storage in that kitchen

Looking so good Dee! Love the dark cabinetry!!

Sorry to hijack the thread
I'm at pci with hgwa next week and my paving looks like this with weird stains across it - anyone seen this before?

Will they clean it or anything, have you asked your supervisor? I guess it's personal preference, but I wouldn't accept that. I'm pretty firm with them now, if they wouldn't have it in their display, it's not going in my home
Haha pretty sure HG hate me

Thanks dee-I'm meeting with the supervisor tomorrow for pci so I'll make sure I tell him it needs a good clean, he's been amazing so far so fingers crossed!

hevmal
Thanks dee-I'm meeting with the supervisor tomorrow for pci so I'll make sure I tell him it needs a good clean, he's been amazing so far so fingers crossed!

How did you go with PCI hevmal?
Yeh it was ok thanks, few very minor issues just the paving was the only problem but the ss thinks it can be cleaned... we shall see!

hevmal
Yeh it was ok thanks, few very minor issues just the paving was the only problem but the ss thinks it can be cleaned... we shall see!

That's good news! You'll have keys in no time
How's everything going Dee?! You guys would be moving along quickly now!
Hi Jess! not really, the house has pretty much just sat there for the last month or so. They didn't have stock of our ensuite tiles, so we opted to wait. I have a tile meeting on Thursday, so they must get delivered then (they said they had to be laid pretty much straight away as they wont leave them on site in case of theft over the weekend)

Pretty annoyed atm though, we had to change our dining table lights and HG won't install our bayonet 20cms away from the original spot with out a full admin fee
(I wish I could be there on install day, I be the sparkies wouldn't care if I offered them a carton
)
Our kitchen stone was installed too & we were told at pre start that the join would be hidden next to the sink.... It's bang smack in the middle, which sucks but I don't think there's much we can do.
How's everything with you? PCI must be any day now??
dee13
Hi Jess! not really, the house has pretty much just sat there for the last month or so. They didn't have stock of our ensuite tiles, so we opted to wait. I have a tile meeting on Thursday, so they must get delivered then (they said they had to be laid pretty much straight away as they wont leave them on site in case of theft over the weekend)

Pretty annoyed atm though, we had to change our dining table lights and HG won't install our bayonet 20cms away from the original spot with out a full admin fee
(I wish I could be there on install day, I be the sparkies wouldn't care if I offered them a carton
)
Our kitchen stone was installed too & we were told at pre start that the join would be hidden next to the sink.... It's bang smack in the middle, which sucks but I don't think there's much we can do.

Aw damn how annoying about your ensuite tiles setting you back, they will be so worth the wait though! Oh what, that's a little ridiculous about your lights, it's 20cm! Have you tried asking your supervisor? Ours was pretty cool and said we could do what we wanted during construction as long as we cleaned up after ourselves. That's such a shame about the join in our stone too. It's so frustrating when you get told one thing and they do it differently! We have booked our PCI for May 10th
dee13

)

What a bugger about your stone!! ☹️☹️
I agree with Jess, our supervisor got the sparkies to move 2 of our light switches no issues at all
Fingers crossed!

I'll be asking the supervisor on Wed, I've never met him, but we've never had any contact from him. My partner bumped into him the other day when he went to look at the house & was asking how long did he think we had left to go roughly etc (just trying to make polite conversation) & said he barely answers, just stands there practically ignoring him, reading his emails.
I hear so many people say how nice and helpful their supervisors are, ours is pretty much non existent
Our building inspector has said he's had the same sort of feedback from a few people building with HGWA too.

Ooh not long for you now then! You'll have keys so soon! It only seems like a few weeks ago that we all started

Follow our HGWA build in Baldivis @ http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.p ... 4#p1604334
Jess_89
dee13

)

I agree with Jess, our supervisor got the sparkies to move 2 of our light switches no issues at all
Fingers crossed!

Oh that's good! Hopefully if you both have been able to make changes fingers crossed we can

Our admin girl was making it sound all technical, and I was thinking they literally use a laser pointer to measure the holes, it's no big deal
I asked if I could go and cut them my self... lol she said no

How are you guys going too Jess?
dee13
Jess_89
dee13

)

Fingers crossed!

Oh that's good! Hopefully if you both have been able to make changes fingers crossed we can

Our admin girl was making it sound all technical, and I was thinking they literally use a laser pointer to measure the holes, it's no big deal
I asked if I could go and cut them my self... lol she said no

How are you guys going too Jess?

Oh no!! I've heard a lot of them are like that! That's such a shame! Not long and you'll be in and it all won't matter!

We're all good, plumbing and electrics have been put in and we're just waiting on our tin to go on and renders are next week

Apparently 5 weeks till lock up...
Such a strange feeling, doesn't actually feel like our house lol

Related
12/02/2024
Suggestions whether to build my granny flat first or house?

Building A New House

hi guys. Please be nice. First time home builder in Qld. I would like some feedback please on whether I should build my granny flat first before my main house at the…

30/05/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

Soak wells and electrical run in happening this week! Summit has told me they will relocate the laundry plumbing after the walls are completed. I'm actually pretty happy…

21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum