Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who's building in Capestone, Mango Hill ?

Page 11 of 12
kishore
Manpreet
Hi All,

Any news about carson cct..has any one got land there to build..i purchased lot 1668.

Hi there, I am on 1644. Deciding on builder now..

Hi kishore.. have you decided on the builder yet..m going with metricon..but build hasn't started yet..
No, we haven't decided on builder yet. We haven't finalized plan on what house to build.. lot more home work before we decide on builder.
Great.. If it's ok, could you please let me know which builder you went with ?
Building in Carson release builder just came back with H2 slab upgrade for $12000!!

Anyone had the same slab level needed as well ?
What did they quote you on for your original slab?

If it was only quoted on M, then I imagine that the extra cost is normal.

Ours was H2 (Quoted on H1) and was less than $2500 extra, even with some piers in the front half of the house.
narbe
Building in Carson release builder just came back with H2 slab upgrade for $12000!!

I am with Clarendon and mine came up as H1. They did list it as H1 and it turned out to be the same. My site costs are listed as almost 10K.

Thanks,
Kishore.
bananarama
What did they quote you on for your original slab?

If it was only quoted on M, then I imagine that the extra cost is normal.

Ours was H2 (Quoted on H1) and was less than $2500 extra, even with some piers in the front half of the house.

Yeah original quote is on M slab.

Are in your Carson stage?

I'm on Beesand Street.
kishore
narbe

I am with Clarendon and mine came up as H1. They did list it as H1 and it turned out to be the same. My site costs are listed as almost 10K.

Thanks,
Kishore.

Which stage are you on?
It's a surprise for such an huge cost, but if everyone is coming up with similar costs then it makes me feel much better.
narbe
kishore
narbe

Thanks,
Kishore.

Which stage are you on?
It's a surprise for such an huge cost, but if everyone is coming up with similar costs then it makes me feel much better.

I am on Carson Ct. Corner plot which has retaining fence on sides..
I'm on the end of Beesand Street. One of the 20m frontage ones.
I am doing with Clarendon. Finished my roof tiles and brick selections. Got surprised at electrical appointment when we rounded $12 K
. Now the question she asked is do I have a 3 phase or single phase on the street. Did any one encountered a single phase ?
kishore
I am doing with Clarendon. Finished my roof tiles and brick selections. Got surprised at electrical appointment when we rounded $12 K
. Now the question she asked is do I have a 3 phase or single phase on the street. Did any one encountered a single phase ?

Yeah Builder tried to quote me for a 3-phase upgrade. For adding an induction cooktop.

I ended up arguing about it and reduced to normal single phase.

You really shouldn't be paying for an 3-phase upgrade unless you have ducted + induction + pool and turn it on all the same time.
narbe
kishore

Yeah Builder tried to quote me for a 3-phase upgrade. For adding an induction cooktop.

I ended up arguing about it and reduced to normal single phase.

You really shouldn't be paying for an 3-phase upgrade unless you have ducted + induction + pool and turn it on all the same time.

Thank you Narbe. I am planning for a ducted aircon. No pool nor induction cook top. I am going with gas.
kishore

What do you mean rounded $12k?

JB1, the extras we picked at electrical selection costed us 12,000 AUD.

Thanks,
Kishore.
$12k on extras?

Jesus that's expensive. That's more than the whole price to wire up my whole house with 3 phase including 60 downlights. That doesn't include the light fittings (because you can spend $10 or $100 on a LED downlight).

Better to have 3 phase and not need it, than not have it and need it in future. The cost to upgrade now is minimal.

Yeah JB1, I felt a bit expensive too. My target was to see the prices which the lady wouldn't tell until we select item. Each downlight costed me 98 and with 55 of them it costs me close to 5,300. I did a bit of run around on this week end along with carpet checks at carpet call in Aspley Home Maker Centre.

Thanks,
Kishore

My Thread - viewtopic.php?f=31&t=89393
What downlights do you get for $98?

I'm assuming cheap ones that electricians buy for $10.

If that's the case, do them after handover, with the exception of those on the ground floor of a 2 storey home.

JB1
What downlights do you get for $98?

I'm assuming cheap ones that electricians buy for $10.

If that's the case, do them after handover, with the exception of those on the ground floor of a 2 storey home.

Yeah I agree.

My builder charges 150$ per LED downlight.

Going for bare minimum in each area just for the connection. Then will call an sparky afterwards to connect as many as I want.
Save a few thousand.
kishore
Yeah JB1, I felt a bit expensive too. My target was to see the prices which the lady wouldn't tell until we select item. Each downlight costed me 98 and with 55 of them it costs me close to 5,300. I did a bit of run around on this week end along with carpet checks at carpet call in Aspley Home Maker Centre.

Thanks,
Kishore

My Thread - viewtopic.php?f=31&t=89393

I'm only spending 2000-3000$ on electrical, do it afterwards and do smart placement of lights. Allows the sparky afterwards really easy access.
Related
16/07/2023
Options for Retaining Wall Sloping Hill

Landscape & Garden Design

Howdy all. I am looking for feedback on what people would do to maximise and make an area as flat as possible. First, out the front of the house is a sloping hill, pretty…

18/01/2024
Terry road box hill

General Discussion

I brought terry road box hill in June 2022 House was meant to be completed Nov 2023 That did not happen I had to chase them so much to the land Registration and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum