Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

KDR Under the Flight Path - Dennis Family Homes (Hawkesdale)

Page 11 of 14
Looking good Rondy. Glad to hear the build is going well.

Looking fab Rondy! Love those bricks!
Bricking complete! Plastering & cornices have also been completed. The contractors were still working at 4:30pm today.

Wow that was quick. I cant wait to see the internals. It's my fav part of the build

Good Progress, I like Kurrajong Bricks
Here's a photo of the kitchen. Not sure what comes next.

Here's another pic of the kitchen with the bench top installed.

Usually painting or tiling will happen next.

Painting has begun! Only one coat so far but I'm very excited with how the kitchen has transformed into a lighter space. Here's a pic of the kitchen with paint.

Also organized a quote for blinds today.

rondy
Painting has begun! Only one coat so far but I'm very excited with how the kitchen has transformed into a lighter space. Here's a pic of the kitchen with paint.

Also organized a quote for blinds today.

Looking good rondy. Whats the color of your walls?

Walls are Pale Mushroom 2, architraves etc are Worn White.

Looking good Rondy!

Still no news from us! Argh!!

Merry Christmas everyone!!
Things just got real! Our contracts are ready! Eek! I am slightly stressing myself stupid! It will be all ok right ladies? There is nothing I should be overly concerned about right? Argh! Have to focus on going forwards and channeling only positivity!
Lenz88
Things just got real! Our contracts are ready! Eek! I am slightly stressing myself stupid! It will be all ok right ladies? There is nothing I should be overly concerned about right? Argh! Have to focus on going forwards and channeling only positivity!

Very excited for you! Now the fun begins. It should all start for you soon.

Our build has been going well, just a little slow.

Here's a pic of the the painting. Obviously not complete. We hope things ramp up soon so we're impatient to move in now.

rondy
Bricking complete! Plastering & cornices have also been completed. The contractors were still working at 4:30pm today.

Bricks look great! We've chosen Kurrajong also but had only seen the sample at the colour appointment.
Mrs_W
rondy

Bricks look great! We've chosen Kurrajong also but had only seen the sample at the colour appointment.

We'd only seen the sample too, but we're really happy with it. The brick changes colour in the light which is nice.

Happy Australia Day!

Received our contracts - its all systems go now. Off to the council to apply for a permit and dispensation! Hope its smooth sailing from here on in! =D

We have to organize our knockdown too once we get the go ahead with the permit so packing up as we go. Its a bit of a catch 22 really. It would be good to get the KD process started now so that they can start as soon as the permit comes through but then it would mean having to pay extra rental weeks for waiting. And of course, more pingers saved means more shopping at the other end! =D Argh! Exciting times ahead!

Any progress folks? Rondy, painting finished? Whats next? Floors? Cant be too long to go now!
Happy Australia Day!

Great news Lenz88.

So excited! Just went to the house & a door was unlocked. Tiling complete, toilets & sinks in place, wardrobe installation almost complete, electrical partially complete, air on & heating partially complete. Flooring & external painting to go... yeah!

Put a post on the DFH earlier today about how it was 12 months ago today that we signed the estimate. Hoping we'll hear some news re handover date soon.

rondy
So excited! Just went to the house & a door was unlocked. Tiling complete, toilets & sinks in place, wardrobe installation almost complete, electrical partially complete, air on & heating partially complete. Flooring & external painting to go... yeah!

Photos?? So excited for you!
Related
21/09/2023
KDR - Looking for feedback on Kialla Homes

Building A New House

Hi, I am looking into doing a KDR in Melbourne and am contemplating using Kialla Homes. I am looking for feedback on them from others who have built with them.

11/08/2023
Path around drop edge beam

Paving & Concreting

Hello everyone, After some suggestions and ideas about how to put a concrete path around the drop edge beam area on our new build. We are required to have a concrete path…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum