Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Oaklands Schofields

Page 11 of 42
Latest updates from 32-40 Argowan Road, Schofields (ie. Stage 1):

These photos were taken last Saturday.

Went to Village Square in Edmondson Park the other day. Wanting to know how this housing estate is being developed by Crownland (same developer as ours). General reviews from house builders were quite good. Crownland is known to being very slow in the beginning of the building process (ie. it takes them weeks to send contract), but once the land is registered things will move reasonably quick and straight forward.

Burawa Rise has had few issues with getting things ready for Council approval. They have had revised EP due to environmental concerns and the massive amount of earth works. Things are moving along however. Registration is predicted for August/September 2015.

Stage 4 Final Land Release has just been announced:

Stage 1 Price List
Stage 2 Price List
Stage 3 Price List
Stage 4 Price List

Prices had gone up from around $1000/m2 in First Release to around $1200/m2 in Final Release.
@MorningStar,

That's an excellent update. Thanks heaps for the photos.

I will be going over this weekend to have a look first hand

Any idea if the slope will be an issue for us?. I don't think it's that bad. Thoughts anyone?.

Just got a rough quote from White Design and builders, they are quoting 375k for a 30sq double storey home. I was shocked!.

One concerning point my solicitor brought up -

Either party can rescind end of sunset date only if they have not exercised their right to extend the sunset date. As such you could be locked in this matter indefinitely.

the thought of "indefinitely" is a little unsettling, many contracts apparently specify a max period of extension. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks.
@pshome

I think you have a genuine concern. It's a bit unsettling that if we don't rescind by the sunset date we could be in it indefinitely. However, if we think about it, wouldn't the developer be at a loss if he doesn't settle the matter and receive his full payment?. Why would he not want to settle?. Sure, there could be delays but I think in a very rare case unless he goes bankrupt, we will be ok. I did discuss this with my Solicitor and that's what we thought of it. What do you think?.

Hello Guys....

Any clues of what is expected date of registration for Stage 1, 2, and 3 ???
@timus,

Stage 1 expected registration is Feb 2016. I wouldn't hold my breath for it though. Add a few months to it. Not sure about other releases.

BTW, is Stage 4 sold out?.

vithalmaddala
@timus,

Stage 1 expected registration is Feb 2016. I wouldn't hold my breath for it though. Add a few months to it. Not sure about other releases.

Thanks Vithal...

I have one more request, were can I get contour map to check the sloping of the lands ?
No probs timus.

I remember reading something about contour maps on page 1/2 of this forum. Check it out. I am googling it as we speak

vithalmaddala
No probs timus.

I remember reading something about contour maps on page 1/2 of this forum. Check it out. I am googling it as we speak

Thanks Vithal..

I am a first timer on this forum and I got to know about contour map only after reading page 1-7.

I would do google as well and post it here if I find it out.. Thanks again..
Thanks timus. Good info to have. Wonder where the guys on Pg1 got the maps.

Only Stage 1 got the contour maps, I guess even before they got to decide on the lot.
Hi all,

I have been following this forum for past few days and it's great to have so much information poured in. We have secured a lot in stage 3 and waiting for the contract to arrive.
I had a word with the crowlands people and been advised that the contract would be issued sometime next week. So anyone waiting for the contract for stage 3 hopefully should have the contract by next week.
Welcome jp_Schofields.

As Morningstar earlier mentioned and also as per my experience, Crownload is a bit slow to send out the contracts but you will eventually get it. Next week sounds about right. I was unsuccessful in Stage 3 but got a block from Stage 1
. Paid a lot more though.

@timus,

Have been looking for the past hour or so. Downloaded MapInfo, downloaded some maps from the Govt spatial etc etc dept but I am still unable to find an answer. I can however see a lot of paid products (maps) you can download.

I now remember what I did when I read page 1. Looked up flood zones and found that the street we will be on Giselle will no way be flooded and also Argowan Rd. left it there. But we will still need to know the sloping to figure out how much extra, if at all, will cost us.

I will keep looking.

vithalmaddala
Welcome jp_Schofields.

As Morningstar earlier mentioned and also as per my experience, Crownload is a bit slow to send out the contracts but you will eventually get it. Next week sounds about right. I was unsuccessful in Stage 3 but got a block from Stage 1
. Paid a lot more though.

Hello Vithal..

How did you manage to get a block from Stage 1...

Can you please PM me and suggest.... ??? I am also looking for new land release and do not have any block right now..
vithalmaddala
@timus,

Have been looking for the past hour or so. Downloaded MapInfo, downloaded some maps from the Govt spatial etc etc dept but I am still unable to find an answer. I can however see a lot of paid products (maps) you can download.

I now remember what I did when I read page 1. Looked up flood zones and found that the street we will be on Giselle will no way be flooded and also Argowan Rd. left it there. But we will still need to know the sloping to figure out how much extra, if at all, will cost us.

I will keep looking.

Thanks Vithal,

I did checkout council flood zone map. Thats fine...

If we would have had slope info it would have been helpful in budget plan. Lets keep hunting for info. I will post if I get something.

Regards
Hello Vithal,
Thank you for putting my mind at lil ease. Can I request you to share the link where you are looking for flood zones? Wanted to check if Veron road is prone or not.
My understanding was with the development taking place all around schofields the level of the roads with be raised to make it less prone to flood otherwise the council will not approve the plans. Correct me if I wrong
I had asked for contour plans and was told this should be asked through from the solicitor. those who have received their contracts can ask their solicitor, I am still waiting for mine.
@Jp_Schofields, no probs at all.

Someone posted some pics taken the last there was flooding in Schofields. Looked like Grange Av and Argowan Rd intersection was flooded but not the high side of Argowan Rd - which is where Stage 1 is.

I lost the bookmark of the site I looked up. I will send the link as and when I find it.

I think your understanding is inline with mine about the roads being raised but there is one thing to note that all these new developments fall under the 1 in 100 year flood zone. I think council approvals take that into consideration. I think there will still be some flooding in some low ****** areas no matter how much the roads are raised. Thoughts?.

Related
5/11/2023
Building a 39 square house in Schofields Sydney

General Discussion

No idea about the driveway question, but your price for a house that size including landscaping seems very good!

28/12/2023
Builder for double story house in Tallawong Schofields NSW

Building A New House

We bought land in Tallawong Schofields NSW size 30m X 12.5m and planning to get double story house build around 350 sqm. We are thinking about having premium inclusions…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum