Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

PR's Finished Build - A belated update and a wedding Pg. 69

Page 11 of 69
We had our slab poured in July so the rain ensured we had a slow cure. If we were pouring in Feb/March we'd have been out there hosing it down for sure.

Shame about the leak. I'm sure it'll be easy enough to fix and shouldn't interfere with your schedule.
Got a response back from Redink.

They will send water corp back out to repair the leaky meter and it will not effect earthworks starting this Thursday.

Good outcome!

Edit: Water corp came out same day to complete the repairs. Great service from someone at least!
Site works are underway!

That's the advantage of building next door to my parents. Dad is so on the ball, always lets me know when people are out there.

According to him there are two 'nice young boys' next door who seem like good tradies.

Looking forward to seeing the progress after work. Photos to follow shortly
Great news!!! Thats awesome you have your Dad keeping an eye on it for you
Very handy! Looking forward to seeing photos!
Rosienchris
Great news!!! Thats awesome you have your Dad keeping an eye on it for you
Very handy! Looking forward to seeing photos!

Well today's progress was a bit of a false alarm to be honest. Yes site work started, but not for my house. They are starting with my brothers house first since he is the back lot (battleaxe subdivision).

But I don't have to wait long, they'll be back out there tomorrow to do my place.

Yay for progress!
hehe definitley still progress! So will both your houses be going up at the same time? Thats awesome!

Just beckoning for some cement! Today I received some retaining for the slab. Exciting.

My father seems to think the ground hasn't been compacted enough, but I have no idea. What should it feel like underfoot? The sand is still pretty soft and pliable in places. To put it into context, I wouldn't ride a bike on it. It's probably fine.

hmm
I don't think mine was compacted. Was just lightly scraped as my block was already flat etc
Yeah ours wasn't very compacted either. You can get them to test it while your there
I was right about the compaction. The guys came out today to give it another once-over with the compactor.

They must not have finished last week.

Other than earthworks, we had some surveyors out there on Friday to check the levels.

Just waiting for that slab now. Did anyone say tedious?
Cant be much further away for that slab! Great that they came back out to compact again!!
How is the progress panraptor? Slabbed?
I was about to ask the same question wfry
Hope you arent far away from a slab now panraptor!
wfry

No unfortunately. Still waiting.

I emailed my site supervisor yesterday, so just waiting on his response before I start making calls.

I would expect slabs to be down next week if Redinks '2-3 week' timeframe is anything to go by.

How much notice do they generally give once they have the slab date?
So, here's a subjective question for you all...

What's a good level of correspondence with your Site Supervisor?

The context is this. Site works were completed on the 19th of Feb, so 19 days ago. I was given a 2-3 week generic wait time for the slab. I emailed my site supervisor for the first time last Wednesday, haven't got a response yet, haven't sent any subsequent emails. I called my site supervisor for the first time this morning. There was no response, so I left a message.

I know that Site Supervisors are busy with X amount of homes and I can't expect their full and undivided attention, but I do feel like the correspondence I'm receiving at the moment is a little lacklustre.

I'm a patient person, but I don't like being kept in the dark. So at the moment I feel as though I'm toeing the line between wanting information, but not wanting to be a pain in the a*se either.

I would have expected slabs for both houses this week, but the radio silence is not encouraging.

Advice anyone?
We didn't have any details for an ss until after slab I don't think? Didn't meet them til the bricks were done
xxkatxx
We didn't have any details for an ss until after slab I don't think? Didn't meet them til the bricks were done

My SS called to introduce himself a few weeks back. He also needed the old fence at the front removed. I've been dealing directly with him rather than Redink admin. I feel like too many points of contact is a recipe for miscommunication.
Yeah I preferred direct with ss rather than a clo who really didn't seem to be aware or familiar with the build.
PanRaptor
wfry

No unfortunately. Still waiting.

I emailed my site supervisor yesterday, so just waiting on his response before I start making calls.

I would expect slabs to be down next week if Redinks '2-3 week' timeframe is anything to go by.

How much notice do they generally give once they have the slab date?

I wasn't given any dates for anything Pan
It's only because I drove by everyday x 4 that I knew what was happening.
charlie23

I wasn't given any dates for anything Pan
It's only because I drove by everyday x 4 that I knew what was happening.

Ok fair enough. I'm in a bit of a unique situation in that I live next door to my build.

I guess it's literally a case of wait and see then. Bummer.
Related
17/09/2023
Structural Issue - DPC Higher than finished floor level

Building A New House

interesting situation what happened after builder issued final invoice? did you list as defect or not does the building surveyor have any responsibility? ie. issuing…

13/01/2024
Poorly finished exposed recycled brick boundary wall.

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

Hi all, My neighbour has built his 15m long garage on our boundary. It was agreed as part of the planning permit that the wall must be in exposed recycled brick. For some…

15/02/2024
QLD - Builder finished without notifying Building Certifier

General Discussion

Hi, I contracted a Builder to do a Garage to Bedroom + ensuite conversion (Class 1a), the Builder engaged the Certifier and Engineer and received BDA from the Certifier…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum