Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

We are building our first home Amalfi 528 - Mainvue!!

Page 11 of 12
Thanks for your thoughts guys. We are actually quite happy with it. We wanted a darker and more of a feature look rather than blending in. So we won't be getting it changed, its dark but I don't mind.

Yes we are getting the driveway done by MV. It should be completed tomorrow. We also got MV to do the clothes line. MV even does front landscaping too but we had that promotion going with our developer at the time of the pruchase of our land so we didn't require it.

We are eagerly waiting for Monday.
Emptyspace
Thanks for your thoughts guys. We are actually quite happy with it. We wanted a darker and more of a feature look rather than blending in. So we won't be getting it changed, its dark but I don't mind.

Yes we are getting the driveway done by MV. It should be completed tomorrow. We also got MV to do the clothes line. MV even does front landscaping too but we had that promotion going with our developer at the time of the pruchase of our land so we didn't require it.

We are eagerly waiting for Monday.

Huh really? I wonder if they can do Exposed Agg driveways
Didn't know that, whose the contractor for MV who does it?...ES, would you mind sharing the costs for the driveway and front landscaping? PM me if that's easier.
Filthyfil
Huh really? I wonder if they can do Exposed Agg driveways

Since you are in the west, I'd recommend checking out Nathan Porter Concreting. Perhaps the best tradie we've ever had.
Thanks for the Tip Wacky....will definitely give them a call when I'm at that stage.....
I think most builders will do ANYTHING if you give them enough money
comfortablywacky
Didn't know that, whose the contractor for MV who does it?...ES, would you mind sharing the costs for the driveway and front landscaping? PM me if that's easier.

Sure CW. We paid for a 10K move in pack but without the front landscaping and letterbox. Driveway from the top of my head was close to $ 4,000. We were originally quoted for $2100 and then during tender it was raised to about $3400 plus $500 for a drain in front of the garage door.

It was something along these lines. How much are you paying for yours?

You're right MrsT12, theres nothing they can't do for enough money!
So house so pretty much finished!! We had our new home presentation this morning, everything went well. There are only some paint touch ups that needed to be completed and I am assuming it all got done as the painter walked in on our way out!

Now we are just waiting for the bank to pay our invoice so we can finally settle. I love the carpet and everything else.

Here are some photos!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/1441253_10151976106262180_681228655_n.jpg

Wow Wow Wow ........

Looking great ES...
Woooooow
Looks amazing. Especially the kitchen colours
Wow....looks gr8 ES...congrats!!!
Thanks guys!! We cannot wait to move in. Hopefully it will happen this week
Hope everyone's build is going well
Nice one ES, the colour combinations work really well with other...love the bathroom tiles, did you do a feature wall with those subway tiles in the bathrooms? wold love to see a pic.
Congrats
Thanks so much CW, I am so happy with the colours. Worked out a lot better than what I thought it was going to look like. Its so hard to imagine during colour selection.

The ensuite has the subway tiles on the middle shower wall and under the mirror above the basins. The main bathroom has the subway tiles around the bath hob and the powder room has it under the mirror above the basin. The laundry also has the subway tiles on the wall.

I'll take some photo's of it when we settle hopefully soon!!
Waiting Waiting Waiting.... are you in yet ES?
We are moving in on Friday hopefully! Excited and exhausted at the same time. Cannot wait to be in!!
[quote="Emptyspace"]We are moving in on Friday hopefully! Excited and exhausted at the same time. Cannot wait to be in!![/quote
wow!
Congratulations ES. The house looks great. You did a great job with the colours. Well done and best wishes.
ES please put real lawn
not that artificial stuff
Congratulations!
Related
29/05/2024
Building First home

Building A New House

Cant give recommendations in general with that builder, but during the colour selection, this is honestly personal preference. Depends on the style you want. Do you want…

13/06/2024
What are our rights with our draftsman and the completion of

Building A New House

I second taking your plans elsewhere. They're yours (unless you ended up in one of those cheaper arrangements where you don't own the rights and the build will be tendered…

16/06/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

Sadly no movement on site since soak wells went in. There are also missing/wrong storm water drains which need to be sorted, along with a broken pipe. Plumbing has been…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum