Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our Redink Build at Honeywood...LIGHTS :)

Page 11 of 12
I now understand what you mean about the picture of the couch! Ours came on the weekend and it is bigger then your picture makes out
I am in love!! So comfortable and we can both finally stretch out on the couch!!
Thanks - yes the couch is very comfy -sooo good to be able both stretch out - even the cat has his own little area to stretch out.

Did you get a similar couch then fmac?
We got the same but rather then the two seater part we got the terminal (I think that's what they called it) end. It is very similar but the terminal end doesn't have an arm rest like your two seater part, and its about 30cm shorter) We were worried the one you have would be just a bit too wide for the space (we have a long narrow living area). It is the best couch ever!
even with us both stretched out there is space at the end.
I'm a little late to the party...but been meaning to add some photo's for a while of our new pendant lights

master bedroom

and 3 over the dining table - it's hard to get a good pic of the globes inside, but they are those old school incandescent types with the filament (I think that's what you call it) - ignore all the mess we were having work done so there's junk everywhere.

I like those lights . Can't believe that in less than 2 months that will be me . I'm also building with redink . How do you find the oven and stove . I know they say it scratches a lot but I think all stainless steal will do that .
How exciting for you - where are you building?
I don;t find the stove marks too much, every now and then it gets a bit smudgey but I just use a micro fiber cloth and give it a wipe with that. I'm also happy with the oven - but I don't use it that often, the only annoying thing is that it vibrates a little when the fan is on sometimes (for the first couple mins, then it stops)
I'm building in byford , I would get the oven checked only because it will be under warranty . But knowing when they come out it will stop vibrating .lol . I liked the oven because it seemed to be bigger than any other 900. Wasn't sure about range hood but maybe because I'm used to a glass one . I think it looks better when there is no over head cupboards .like what you have . Did you change any positions for your aircon vents . Sorry to ask so many questions . The are going to put my kitchen vent in the middle close to the oven . As long as it stays away from where the pendants are going it should be fine . But I see a lot of them where yours are .
we use the oven so infrequently...we keep forgetting about it...we had too many other issues to rectify when we first moved in (all sorted now thankfully)

We didn't change the location of the vents at all, just went with what the A/C people suggested and we haven'r had any issue.

I actually don't like out exhaust, it works fine - i just think it's a little ugly
Thanks the last sentence was suppose to say I think yours looks great where it is .( rangehood) I don't know what it is a lot of people have them and they look different in there kitchen I guess it's the colour combination s
I get ya... the rangehood doesn't look too bad in photo's - I think it looks bigger and uglier in real life
Great work, you can be proud of the finishes
bradster181
Great work, you can be proud of the finishes

I second that
thanks guys - it's taken awhile, but we're getting there. now on to the next project!
Everything in those pictures looks great ShadowKat. Really like the recess for the telly - great idea!

As you mention a lot of issues to get sorted, that prompts me to ask you (and whoever else is reading this!
) what to look out for at PCI - as we have our's in a couple of weeks!!!! Yay!!! Anything in hindsight you didn't look for but wish you had? Thanks.
Thanks Mandy.

I would worry to much about PCI, we missed a few things and noticed them later and redink still fixed them. I'm not sure what the deal is with other builders but we didn't feel like if we missed it in PCI it was too bad (there was still quite a bit not competed at PCI for us) and we got more stuff fixed at 6 month maintenance too.
Why doesn't homeone notify me of replies anymore, lol?!

Been and gone and done that now!

What's new at your place?
I know - I only randomly seem to get notifications too. Nothing new at our place, now we've done most major things we're spending money on fun stuff like holidays etc.
ShdowKat
I know - I only randomly seem to get notifications too. Nothing new at our place, now we've done most major things we're spending money on fun stuff like holidays etc.

Ooh, holiday, yes please! You really really need one after a build too, hey?!
The past few days my Chromagen solar hot water system hasn't been pumping out hot water, similar to what happened to you.. Mine is electric boosted. This week has been the first cloudy week since moving in 3 months ago so I am worried the booster doesn't work/ work properly and that all my hot water so far has been solar heated. Going to check it again tonight then call Chromagen tomorrow to get someone out to check it if it's still cold water. Not sure if maybe the power point it is plugged into is faulty or has tripped a switch because it gets wet in the rain
Will post on here as to what happens incase anyone else has a similar problem.
Check it's switched on in the Meter box first!!!!
Related
6/07/2023
Holman deck lights

Lighting + Lighting Design

So I'm just reading up on this ecosystem of lights. I'm planning on putting deck lights along the outside edge of a large deck. Will need about 3 packs (18 lights) plus…

18/05/2024
ceiling hook to use to hang Xmas lights under Eaves

Building A New House

Which ceiling hook to use to hang Xmas lights under Eaves in 1st floor in 2 storey façade (no…

21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum