Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building our dream home in Adelaide-Decorating :)

Page 11 of 15
bahahaha got to love building companies.

Got a bill in the post on Thursday night for $130 for a extra piece of copper pipe they had to use as 1 was stolen.

I nearly fell off my chair laughing when I got it. You have got to be kidding me, I think ill be laughing down the phone when I call them on Monday to say sorry but that is what your insurance is for. Im not paying for something that was stolen from YOUR building site, technically the house is not mine until hand over. God, they try to get money out of you for the silliest of things.
Wow, that's crazy.. I would of had some steam coming out of my ears with that one!
They're joking, right?? That has nothing to do with you!
waiting Waiting Waiting for the phone to ring so i can book in walk through this week. I only have Wednesday available so hoping they can do this too!
Still waiting for that phone call!!!!!
They probably won't hand over until you've paid for that copper :p
haha, need to do a walk through first, thats why im waiting and waiting and waiting. Still laughing at that copper.
To top of a very entertaining couple of days, got the final installment letter today. Haha sorry wont be paying within the 5 days as I havent been able to see if the house is completed to our satisfaction yet. I really dont think they are able to communicate within themselves either by the sounds of it
STILL WAITING (yawn inserted here)! I JUST WANT MY HOUSE! also need to know so i can organise insurance.
YAY a Phonecall. Booked in for tomorrow afternoon!
newbuilder1
YAY a Phonecall. Booked in for tomorrow afternoon!

Excellent news
Yay, that's great!
Yay! How exciting! Hope it all goes well.
YAY PCI went really well today, not too much on the list just cosmetic things with finishes and 1 problem with 1 side of the gutters. Just needs a really good clean.

Hand over is booked in for next Wednesday so count down clock is on. He seemed pretty adamant that we'll be fine.

So just need to organise insurance, gas meter to be installed and letting them know when we want appliances installed.

I am so excited now!!!!
FABULOUS NEWS ... GET THE CHAMPAGNE READY!!
Mclaren
FABULOUS NEWS ... GET THE CHAMPAGNE READY!!

Yep! going to splurge and get the good stuff. Had moet at slab lay but think I need to do better this time round
Great news!
Ohh.. That sure is exciting!
Very exciting !!!!
Oh and we want lots of pictures
Related
24/12/2023
Garage builder, Adelaide

General Discussion

Building a new home, and looking for a garage builder (home builder not contracted to do this). Someone to build steel garage (double), colorbond, including supply and…

3/03/2024
Cost to pre wire home for smart home system with builder

Lighting + Lighting Design

We already paid for somfy motors for the blinds. The quote above was purely for “pre-wiring” so the blinds company can install the motors and blinds. That’s why we…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum