Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our custom build in the Barossa - Guided Tour Anyone?????

Page 11 of 25
It's SLAB Day!!!!!

Went past after school drop off, never knew how many guys it takes to lay a slab, there were 8 of them there.....have some pics, but will post tonight with finished ones!!!!
Oh, great news! Can you send them my way when they're finished??? Look forward to seeing some pics.
It doesnt take that many to drink a slab.....
lol Robbie!!!

Well here's some pics, didn't get any completed ones tonight, will do in the morning!!!!

Yay! It's time for a slab party! Your slab is gonna look huge!

Hopefully I'm right behind you and get slabbed tomorrow too
WHOOOOO YAY SLAB!!!

Soooooo exciting!!
Cant wait to see more pics
Congrats on the slab!
YAY!
YAY!
YAY!

look forward to see the finished slab YAY!
Ooooh .... love action shots!! So exciting
How about completed shots McLaren!!?!! lol

Bathroom and Ensuite - our ensuite is in the foreground, kids bathroom in the background (with laundry)

Anyone know what this means??? Our builder mentioned that he was "having the slab cured". I thought that just happended over time?

Love it!
Wow - it's so gorgeous you wouldn't want to cover it up would you?? Looks like they have applied some sort of curing agent to the top of the cement maybe - ask your builder then you can let us know too!! Ohhh forgot to say CONSLABULATIONS !![/size]
Thank you
Looks great Rebecca - how's the curing going?
Your slab is HUGE
and such a beautiful setting!!!! I promise to keep a closer eye on your thread, can't wait to see the next episode in your building experience. Hope all goes smoothly for you.
to you and your family.
Quick update - pics to come in a few days....

Bricks wer delivered before Easter
Timber for frame delivered today, as I was driving off from the block at 1pm, builder and his son pulled up and started work!!! So our timber sat for 2 hours before they started!! World record I say.
Anyway, we have a few wall frames on the slab (****** down) for the garage and home theatre!!!

Exciting stuff!!!
whooooo gotta love that fast work!!! Hopefully you will have somthing to walk through by the weekend!!!
That's excellent

Won't be long & you will be able to walk through all the rooms & really get a feel for your new home.
That was quick!!! How exciting!
CONGRATULATIONS
Isn't it just the best feeling !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Funny how you cant wait for the slab and then it happens and you forget you wanted it so badly cose now you want the frame and then it goes on and on.
Cant wait to see lots an lots more pics
Woo hoo
Can't wait to see same "frame" pictures - kool
Related
2/10/2023
Custom build | Facade colours

Building A New House

I'd get the gutters to match your roof and pipes to match the paint - otherwise they become a feature. Nice pick with the paint colours!

30/05/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

Soak wells and electrical run in happening this week! Summit has told me they will relocate the laundry plumbing after the walls are completed. I'm actually pretty happy…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum