Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Simonds Palisade in Adelaide

Page 2 of 2
We just received an email from our Customer Relationship Consultant, essentially stating that our site supervisor doesn't hold the right to give out dates, and the Building Manager is the one to decide when handover should occur, which is absolutely fair and makes total sense. They are now requesting that we extend our lease request for an additional 3 weeks, as they aren't comfortable squeezing everything in by the 28th of October so we can have our PCI.

Is it wrong for me to be very annoyed/upset by this? I understand that our site supervisor can't foresee the future, but we learnt very quickly not to get our hopes up and are now a little crushed, as our CRC is looking more toward the 28th of November.
We just received another email from our site supervisor. Apparently our close-off fence and gate aren't included in our contract, and the council is only dealing with our front fencing and letterbox. So we now need to organise the close-offs and gate ourselves.

Why did it take this long in the build to mention that?
Hey guys,

So it has been some time, and we have cooled off about the date, and are actually a little more comfortable with the further date. It'll give us more time to pack and to save some money for a laundry upgrade!

Since last time, a lot has happened! Driveway has been laid, flooring is all in, showerscreens are installed and all of the shelving is done! My wife absolutely loves the walk-in pantry now! We have been advised that this week the cleaners will sweep through, and they'll begin the landscaping!

Here are some more photos:

Your house looks fantastic, you must be very happy with how it has turned out.
Have you got any quotes for your pergola yet?
Bebbsy
Your house looks fantastic, you must be very happy with how it has turned out.
Have you got any quotes for your pergola yet?

We are getting very excited to move in!
No, we haven't gotten a quote yet, that will probably be something we organise later! We are thinking of seeing someone at Stratco!

But the moment we get the quote, I can let you know!
Hey guys,

So it has been a little while, but things are still moving along!

We are booked in for our PCI on the 25th of November, with handover being booked for end of November.

We had a little scare today, as our site supervisor had said that there was an issue with the downlights, and he wants to push our inspection back to early December. This would have caused us issues, as we booked in the late November appointment for handover, and have given our notice for our current rental. They are trying to rectify this now, but it caused quite a large scare with my wife and I.

Nethertheless, here are the latest updates! Landscaping is all done, front fence and side close offs installed and garage door is up!

Greenwoods2309
Hey guys,

So it has been a little while, but things are still moving along!

We are booked in for our PCI on the 25th of November, with handover being booked for end of November.

We had a little scare today, as our site supervisor had said that there was an issue with the downlights, and he wants to push our inspection back to early December. This would have caused us issues, as we booked in the late November appointment for handover, and have given our notice for our current rental. They are trying to rectify this now, but it caused quite a large scare with my wife and I.

Nethertheless, here are the latest updates! Landscaping is all done, front fence and side close offs installed and garage door is up!

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your build journey. My husband and I are at the beginning of the process and will be building the Palisade too. We're doing very similar to you with the Mystique exterior and the Oyster Interior, although we have changed to the Mystique flooring options too. I was wondering if you had any pics you'd be willing to share of the finished product please?

Thanks!

Related
24/12/2023
Garage builder, Adelaide

General Discussion

Building a new home, and looking for a garage builder (home builder not contracted to do this). Someone to build steel garage (double), colorbond, including supply and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum