Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Brick Issue with new house, rendering whole house, re-bricki

Page 2 of 2
I'd be careful of rendering, mainly because you don't have a sound surface for it to stick to. Brick is mostly only a cosmetic layer anyway if you could tolerate the inconvenience I would go that way. You are very lucky the builder is working with you.
Hi again,
Just wondering how your bricks are going? Our staining is reappearing and they want to treat it again.
Mate, we are still waiting on trial period with the latest coating they have applied. So far holding ok, plan is to wait another 2-3 months and then see...if all good then coat the whole house with new paintwork....I enquired what the product is from Buildpro and builder, couldn't get a detailed answer but it is supplied by Guard It, same people that supplied the sealer MVR. I would suggest try getting in touch with them, my fellows have been talking with rick@guarditsolutions.com.au. Hope that helps
Renfar
Hi again,
Just wondering how your bricks are going? Our staining is reappearing and they want to treat it again.

Hi Mate,

Just thought I would update you, the latest works on the bricks seem to be holding up. Buildpro/Guard it products. 2-3 coats of sealer applied, then 1 coat of MVR then some paint colour matched to original bricks painted on the bricks. They a patch and almost 6 months holding well.
Renfar
Hi again,

Hi Renfar,

Any update regarding your bricks? The colour coating that was applied - didnt hold and stains have re-appeared - after lots of fighting - I have put forward to be compensated - possibly for render but a whole lot more...just thought I would check if you had any luck at all?
Related
11/11/2023
Window infill/ rendering over different substrates

General Discussion

yep you need a joint, foam is easiest, will look fine once rendered with a joint.

19/07/2023
URGENT·····Garage Boundary Wall Water Proofing Issue

Building A New House

thanks Chippy, i hope they have applied sealer but i am doubt to be honest, so i am gonna do this job after handover.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum