Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Homes Noosa 23 - South Ripley

Page 2 of 5
2 weeks is a pretty standard timeframe.

Josh, have you been to the gallery to select all the extra items to add into your contract. Or are you adding them separately?
Zebinc
2 weeks is a pretty standard timeframe.

Josh, have you been to the gallery to select all the extra items to add into your contract. Or are you adding them separately?

Hi Zebinc,

No we have not been yet. I believe these are picked when the contract is going through council approval. We are waiting on the contract to make sure it has all the inclusions we have asked for so we can get finance for it.
Hi,

Just thought I'd check in to see how everything is going for everyone? Is it all smooth sailing for you?

It turns out it is exactly 2 months from the last post. How are things progressing with everyone? We have had our tiling, electrical and colour appointments finalised last week and should have ETA today with council approval.
Josh3003
Hi,

Just thought I'd check in to see how everything is going for everyone? Is it all smooth sailing for you?

It turns out it is exactly 2 months from the last post. How are things progressing with everyone? We have had our tiling, electrical and colour appointments finalised last week and should have ETA today with council approval.

Hey Josh,

We have a start date for the 1st of April, I'm so glad all this waiting is finally over soon!
Hopefully council isn't too far away for you. We waited 6 weeks for our approval!
amyelizabeth137
Josh3003
Hi,

Hey Josh,

We have a start date for the 1st of April, I'm so glad all this waiting is finally over soon!
Hopefully council isn't too far away for you. We waited 6 weeks for our approval!

Hi Amy,

Wow that came around quick only a couple more days!!
Yes we are awaiting our tile, electrical and colour costs to come in. We were very strict with our upgrades as we will be fronting the cost. One of the biggest dramas was the fact we did not have flooring included as part of our tender letter. It was a stressful time trying to get everything sorted and have everything lined up for the bank.

We wanted a timber look and opted with the parador oak castel limed board. Looks very pretty and had to get that priced up to forward onto our broker. That added a bit of cost onto our build and there has been a lot of back and forth but my concerns and queries and slowly dwindling and they have been pretty helpful. Our pre site consultant said it should be due back today and has estimated our start date for sometime mid next month.
Josh3003
amyelizabeth137
Josh3003
Hi,

Hey Josh,

Hi Amy,

Wow that came around quick only a couple more days!!
Yes we are awaiting our tile, electrical and colour costs to come in. We were very strict with our upgrades as we will be fronting the cost. One of the biggest dramas was the fact we did not have flooring included as part of our tender letter. It was a stressful time trying to get everything sorted and have everything lined up for the bank.

We wanted a timber look and opted with the parador oak castel limed board. Looks very pretty and had to get that priced up to forward onto our broker. That added a bit of cost onto our build and there has been a lot of back and forth but my concerns and queries and slowly dwindling and they have been pretty helpful. Our pre site consultant said it should be due back today and has estimated our start date for sometime mid next month.

I bet your floor is going to look amazing! We were lucky enough to get our flooring for free which was laminate and it only cost $180 to upgrade to vinyl. We are the same with our upgrades, in total originally we only spent an extra $1900 at our colour appointment and most of that was for the security screens. I can't wait for you to start as well, I don't see many other Noosa 23s.
Hi Amy,

Yeah agreed. We had our planned upgrades that we wanted and we have waited so long we thought we need I'll be sure to put a few photos up once we have some progress.
Finally had our slab poured yesterday! 10/04/19

amyelizabeth137

Looks awesome! Must be exciting. We are waiting upon a few admin errors to be corrected in our variations and we should be getting our start date next week I would imagine so not far away for us either!
Josh3003
amyelizabeth137

Looks awesome! Must be exciting. We are waiting upon a few admin errors to be corrected in our variations and we should be getting our start date next week I would imagine so not far away for us either!

That's so exciting! Hopefully your start date isn't too far away, we had to wait 4 weeks when we got ours but I've seen some people only wait 2 weeks.
amyelizabeth137

All the best for your build. We are planning to build our first home with Coral. So will follow your post for inspiration

Cheers
Srijit
End of Week 2: The walls for our frame were finished on 13/04/19
amyelizabeth137
The walls for our frame were finished on 13/04/19

Looks Amazing!!
amyelizabeth137

Looks great! Are you putting any noggins to support any heavy stuff you want to hang!
Srijit
amyelizabeth137

Looks great! Are you putting any noggins to support any heavy stuff you want to hang!

Yeah, our site supervisor is going to do it for us.
amyelizabeth137
Srijit
amyelizabeth137

Yeah, our site supervisor is going to do it for us.

Ok, that’s great. Actually i was trying to understand how to work it out and was looking for some help with answers. Do we have to include this in contract or is it done by site supervisor. How much is he charging ?
Srijit we asked our SS to do it during the build and he charged us like $200 to put noggins for 5places. If you read through my post you will get the recent prices. Ultimately it comes down to each SS. Some do it for free and some charge so high. We actually wanted full length thinking we can decide on placement later but he refused to put full length for that price.
MrsAJ
@Srijit we asked our SS to do it during the build and he charged us like $200 to put noggins for 5places. If you read through my post you will get the recent prices. Ultimately it comes down to each SS. Some do it for free and some charge so high. We actually wanted full length thinking we can decide on placement later but he refused to put full length for that price.

Thanks for the info MrsAJ! my sales rep said it would be $80 per noggins and they would need the length of the same.
May be we will wait give it a try via ss and not include it in contract right now.
Regards
Srijit
Ok, that’s great. Actually i was trying to understand how to work it out and was looking for some help with answers. Do we have to include this in contract or is it done by site supervisor. How much is he charging ?

Nothing! Although we only asked for 3. May just cost us in beer at the end haha
amyelizabeth137
Srijit

Nothing! Although we only asked for 3. May just cost us in beer at the end haha

amyelizabeth137 That’s awesome, hopefully will get a better SS when we get to that stage.
Related
2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

14/04/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

In Qld it is a requirement that a builder must have a cost breakdown, for building a home to the same specification, with the same inclusions and the same finish. So ask…

9/08/2023
Suggest a modular home builder south of Port Macquarie

Building A New House

Well these guys are not looking good... I sent them a written enquiry last week and they have not yet replied. If they cannot respond to a simple…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum