Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Homes / Milan 24 / South Brisbane - First build

Page 2 of 3
We did cornerlesss stackers. Cost us $4600. My brother in laws a builder and just laughed at how much mark up there was. Now that they are in I have forgotten about the cost (I even had to look up our contract to double check the price) and it’s worth it. It’s so hard making these decisions at the beginning but once it’s all started you forget what you paid extra for them.
Hi Mate,

Any updates on your build? What you did with cutting the media room in half for a bigger pantry is exactly what im wanting to do.
Very interested to see how much that variation cost and further progress on your build.
jjjones
Hi Mate,

Any updates on your build? What you did with cutting the media room in half for a bigger pantry is exactly what im wanting to do.
Very interested to see how much that variation cost and further progress on your build.

It's been a long time since I made any updates. I'll upload pics in next post.

For now, we are on week 15 coming up. The kitchen cabinet delayed. Precisely, 6 weeks late. As result, it has caused a domino effect resulting in all other trades delayed.

The cabinet finally went in just before Easter, but got a call to inform me of more dramas. The cabinet doors were delayed and is now scheduled 30th April to be installed. Frustrating. All other internal fixtures will be completed in May.

As for the pantry size, see some pics below of progress. Have been real busy in so couldn't keep up with posts. Apologies.
jjjones
Hi Mate,

jjjones
Hi Mate,

There's more progress but didn't get chance to take photos. Will try and get to them this weekend.

There have been minor issues but are getting dealt with one at a time.

We purchased our own handles from beaurs which are located in Brisbane. I'll upload pic.

Also took advantage of ikea pax 20% off sale and got my wardrobes sorted.
$2800 for master WIR, 2 built in robes and 3x 1mx2.36m of shoe rack. (Holds 96 pairs of shoes) all ikea pax system.

Purchased 2x siemans oven from winning appliances to be installed after hand over.
1x 45cm combi steam oven and 1x 60cm pyro with steam inject oven.
$6800

Got some lights from beacon for pendants
2x small chandelier pendant
= $500ish
1x large chandelier
= $580

Bought fans from early settler
6x fans for $1400.

I'll post pics in next post
katsudon98
There's more progress but didn't get chance to take photos. Will try and get to them this weekend.

We purchased our own handles from beaurs which are located in Brisbane. I'll upload pic.

$2800 for master WIR, 2 built in robes and 3x 1mx2.36m of shoe rack. (Holds 96 pairs of shoes) all ikea pax system.

Purchased 2x siemans oven from winning appliances to be installed after hand over.
$6800

= $500ish
1x large chandelier
= $580

6x fans for $1400.

katsudon98
katsudon98

$6800

= $500ish
1x large chandelier
= $580

6x fans for $1400.

katsudon98
katsudon98
katsudon98

$6800

= $500ish
1x large chandelier
= $580

6x fans for $1400.

jjjones
Hi Mate,

We chose tiles from chealtilesonline based in Brisbane.

They are wood look tiles and are rectified porceilain tiles. 1200mm x 200mm.
Same tile at national and b.mont cost $90 per sqm.

We will be purchasing the ASKO dishwasher to complement our shaker cabinets

We also picked 2x of the single dome chandeliers (corbelle range) from beacon with silver bezel Instead of black.
$290 each = $580 for two to go above island bench
We also did our own insulation to every single internal wall over a weekend. I asked site supervisor and he gave me a weekend yo do the job.

Went to Bunnings. Purchased R2.7 acoustic battons. Sound proof.

Costs $800 which includes truck hire, fuel to gold coast pick up (stock only available at gc Bunnings), 1x maccas meal for me, and 90sqm of battons + 2 full days.

The insulation contractor quoted me $1400 for cash job.

Saved $600.

We paid coral for external wall R1.5 battons. They are bloody terrible and feels like kitchen sponge. So cheap compared to the acoustic. Bats I installed myself.

Check previous pics for insulation.
The range hood is Sirius. It's an Italian brand. I have opted for a SEM5 motor which means the motor will be external on roof. The sound will.be minimal when turned on as the motor is outside up on the roof. It has a max 1200 cubic metres air suction. Most common brands go up to 800 cubic metres.

Coral will not install this for me as they claim you need a special tech from that company.
Anyway I got quoted $500 to install after handover from an external contractor. The fan costs $1800

Ducting comes as semi rigid. It comes with LED lights.

Total = $2300.

It's a 90cm canopy rangehood type. Purchased from.harvey Norman.
katsudon98
The range hood is Sirius. It's an Italian brand. I have opted for a SEM5 motor which means the motor will be external on roof. The sound will.be minimal when turned on as the motor is outside up on the roof. It has a max 1200 cubic metres air suction. Most common brands go up to 800 cubic metres.

Coral will not install this for me as they claim you need a special tech from that company.
Anyway I got quoted $500 to install after handover from an external contractor. The fan costs $1800

Ducting comes as semi rigid. It comes with LED lights.

Total = $2300.

It's a 90cm canopy rangehood type. Purchased from.harvey Norman.

Where are you upto now? Any updates??
House is locked. We are up to internal fit offs. Not long to go but our kitchen cabinets are all wrong and we are waiting for the correct one to be sent from melbourne.
Thank you so much, just read your incridible post and its very useful.

Wondering if you can share how much was the deviation with respect to cost and what was not included in the quote you recieved from the coral sales guy initially. I met the sales guy at the display house and he has given me a quote for double storied house base price 228 + 60 for all the frills including drive way (exposed aggregate finish).

I wanted to check if its safe enough to have an additional allowance of 10K, which is going to be 298k = ~300K?

Or are there any more hidden and must have expenses which will be from pocket??
viju_009
Thank you so much, just read your incridible post and its very useful.

Wondering if you can share how much was the deviation with respect to cost and what was not included in the quote you recieved from the coral sales guy initially. I met the sales guy at the display house and he has given me a quote for double storied house base price 228 + 60 for all the frills including drive way (exposed aggregate finish).

I wanted to check if its safe enough to have an additional allowance of 10K, which is going to be 298k = ~300K?

Or are there any more hidden and must have expenses which will be from pocket??

If you want a no frills basic home, then yes $60k would. Be good. I can only Speak for a single story homes. My sales guy was spot with only $1k to $2k positive or negative.

I budgeted $100k from base price ($175k). We are at $280k and we haven't included driveway, landscaping, fencing, mail box, blinds and etc.

In saying that, we spent majority of the money on the kitchen as we believe thats the central focus whne the time comes to sell or increase value.

We spent approximately $25k to $30k just on kitchen upgrade. We could. Have easily spend more but We had to stop somewhere.

Driveways are notoriously expensive with builders. Best to source it externally
Thank you so much, that is very helpful to budget. May be I will have some more cushioning.

All the best for your new home.
Love your thread. Very helpful. Just wondering what you ended up paying for the cornerless stackers?
From memory, it was around $4,500.
Hey thanks so much for taking time to create this thread, super duper helpful information! Just wondering how everything is going? Would love to see pics
Related
2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

27/05/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

Hi so sorry for the late reply. I already contacted them and they wouldn't tell me instead they tried to get me to talk to one of their home coordinators and I'm not…

15/03/2024
Omni built homes brisbane - builders feedback

General Discussion

First time poster long story short we are planning knocking down rebuilding a house in Wavell Heights We are thinking to go with Omni built homes as they are but flexible…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum