Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Metricon Franklin 53 modified

Page 2 of 10
Doulton777
Do you have the drafting plans? What phone are you using? Did you have your plans emailed too you?

viewtopic.php?t=86597

Yep I’m with you. Wembley definitely the best facade

Yeah we did get plans by email, did they not come up clear enough. I can repost and I’m using a iPhone

stoff17
Doulton777
Do you have the drafting plans? What phone are you using? Did you have your plans emailed too you?

viewtopic.php?t=86597

Yeah we did get plans by email, did they not come up clear enough. I can repost and I’m using a iPhone

Their not the drafting plans. Drafting plans have all the measurements. If you save it in your iBooks. You could have the plans stored in there.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
i can't work out how to get the file onto here without it just being a photo. Off my phone or laptop. photo seems blurry
stoff17
Doulton777

viewtopic.php?t=86597

Hahaha yeah go Wembley

viewtopic.php?t=86597
It’s the small things I’m excited about.
Footings dug 5 day ahead of schedule. Win

stoff17
It’s the small things I’m excited about.
Footings dug 5 day ahead of schedule. Win

That’s great they are moving

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Hey stoff,

Wow congrats on your lamingtons, traditional slab cuts always remind me of them

5 days early, your SS isn’t mucking around which is great news.

I had a look through all your colour selections and wow you guys have made some beautiful choices, the stair case is stunning and those floor tiles 900x900 holy smokes!!! I almost fell off my stool when I saw the size.

Here’s to a good week of progress for both of us

Tribe7
Hey stoff,

Wow congrats on your lamingtons, traditional slab cuts always remind me of them

5 days early, your SS isn’t mucking around which is great news.

I had a look through all your colour selections and wow you guys have made some beautiful choices, the stair case is stunning and those floor tiles 900x900 holy smokes!!! I almost fell off my stool when I saw the size.

Here’s to a good week of progress for both of us

Thanks tribe,
Haha lamingtons. Yeah we are so stoked that he is pushing the work. He has been fantastic in the short time since we have gone to site. So open and communicates everything thoroughly. We hope it continues.
We think we picked a lot of nice stuff at a price of course. Just hope it comes together well.
Yes and cheers to more progress

Wait until they wrap the dirt with plastic before the pour it totally looks like lamingtons for giants

That’s great news and exactly what you want from your SS, what is the build time on your home? It’s a monster of a house so I’m assuming a decent build time? Does your slab have to cure for 4 weeks too?

Yes agree the pretty things ALWAYS cost more, those tiles of your will be stunning. I feel the same way about our colour selections, I’m nervous it won’t go well together and worried I’ve picked something wrong.

Tribe7
Wait until they wrap the dirt with plastic before the pour it totally looks like lamingtons for giants

That’s great news and exactly what you want from your SS, what is the build time on your home? It’s a monster of a house so I’m assuming a decent build time? Does your slab have to cure for 4 weeks too?

Yes agree the pretty things ALWAYS cost more, those tiles of your will be stunning. I feel the same way about our colour selections, I’m nervous it won’t go well together and worried I’ve picked something wrong.

Hahaha can't wait, that means progress

I'm so happy with the SS so far. Contract says the build is a 36 week project but has a 50 week provision for delays etc.

Our slab will probably sit for around 3 weeks as the framing carpenter is scheduled for 21/5. SS said 2 weeks would be fine but allowing slightly longer. Speaking about the slab, SS has said we are in luck as the slab pour has been brought fwd to 30/4. So again slightly ahead of schedule, i'm glad he is so pro active. But all scheduled items after pour will stay on time to allow the time for curing, which is fine by me

Exactly we all love upgrades for higher quality finishes or higher end products $$$$. For the vision of colours, we are no interior designers but i'm with you, really hope it comes together well
wow - your house is going to be stunning! So much space and storage. looking forward to watching your build
btw, your old place looked a lot like what we had.
Nawsome
wow - your house is going to be stunning! So much space and storage. looking forward to watching your build
btw, your old place looked a lot like what we had.

Thanks Nawsome, we hope so.
We are big believers that you can never have enough storage. haha so as you can see, we definitely did that. I just stalked your whole thread, your place is also going to be great. The floor plan flows so well. I will be watching your progress. It is flying along now. Fingers crossed for ours to go just as fast.
Love you plans, that WIR is amazing! Great signs that your CSC is all over it, will definitely make the building process alot smoother

Look forward to watching it all come together.
elieassi1992
Love you plans, that WIR is amazing! Great signs that your CSC is all over it, will definitely make the building process alot smoother

Look forward to watching it all come together.

Thank you, so kind, it’s so satisfying having you guys give us positive feed back. Makes us feel that we made the right modifications from the original design and we are not the only ones loving it

stoff17
Tribe7

I'm so happy with the SS so far. Contract says the build is a 36 week project but has a 50 week provision for delays etc.

Our slab will probably sit for around 3 weeks as the framing carpenter is scheduled for 21/5. SS said 2 weeks would be fine but allowing slightly longer. Speaking about the slab, SS has said we are in luck as the slab pour has been brought fwd to 30/4. So again slightly ahead of schedule, i'm glad he is so pro active. But all scheduled items after pour will stay on time to allow the time for curing, which is fine by me

Exactly we all love upgrades for higher quality finishes or higher end products $$$$. For the vision of colours, we are no interior designers but i'm with you, really hope it comes together well

I’m not surprised at the build time frame it’s a massive house with a huge amount of tiling and detail. To be honest I’ve learnt a slower build with a high quality of Workman ship is far better than a fast build resulting in a slapped together house.

Agree about being happy with 2/3 weeks curing time, it’s only going to help your slab in the long run, what was your soil classification? I know Adelaide has some shocking clay areas. Ours is an E, we have clay coming out our ears. Holy wow the 21/5 for frames is super exciting.

Yes the $$$ certainly add up when it comes to fancy tiles and little luxuries, but we only get a few opportunities to build our homes so why not have the pretty things. Well up until the budget can’t take anymore, I spent up to the cent
who knows with the interior design stuff, a vast majority of them all style things the same. Personally I’m picking things I like and want in my home

Tribe7
stoff17
Tribe7

I’m not surprised at the build time frame it’s a massive house with a huge amount of tiling and detail. To be honest I’ve learnt a slower build with a high quality of Workman ship is far better than a fast build resulting in a slapped together house.

Agree about being happy with 2/3 weeks curing time, it’s only going to help your slab in the long run, what was your soil classification? I know Adelaide has some shocking clay areas. Ours is an E, we have clay coming out our ears. Holy wow the 21/5 for frames is super exciting.

Yes the $$$ certainly add up when it comes to fancy tiles and little luxuries, but we only get a few opportunities to build our homes so why not have the pretty things. Well up until the budget can’t take anymore, I spent up to the cent
who knows with the interior design stuff, a vast majority of them all style things the same. Personally I’m picking things I like and want in my home

Weirdly the build time is less than for our 28 square house

Yeah exactly tribe. I love the fast progress atm and with certain things, I made it clear to SS that I don’t want things just pushed through at the expense of quality and he made it very clear that I will get annoyed with him at times with progress as he won’t accept anything progressing until it’s 100% completed properly. I replied by saying you won’t get any anger from me, that is music to my ears. All his opinions, advice and response has been spot on so hope it’s not all talk and he follows through with it.

Black cat is your build really longer than mine being allowed 50 weeks. I really don’t get that. Most homes are put together a lot quicker than my build but understandable with the size of mine. What time frame have they given you

Ours is 10 months plus allowances for delays. Ridiculous given the size and it's very unlikely to take anywhere near that amount of time.

blackcat20
Ours is 10 months plus allowances for delays. Ridiculous given the size and it's very unlikely to take anywhere near that amount of time.

Yeah I’m with you. Should be well inside that time. I reckon they are covering there bums in case of actually getting past that time frame and have to reimburse you anything

stoff17
blackcat20

Yeah I’m with you. Should be well inside that time. I reckon they are covering there bums in case of actually getting past that time frame and have to reimburse you anything

I agree. I know they can build it in five months, I'm hoping no more than six. As long as we're in before Christmas...

Related
13/05/2024
Metricon KDRB designs - Vantage 48 or Franklin 50?

Building A New House

😃 will do an exclusive one for Simeon.. COVID back at home.. kept it simple & we moved in.. & yesterday was the first day at our new home.. Few more bits to go -…

13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum