Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building the Hampton with Allworth Homes

Page 2 of 14
This morning the roof scaffolding has been removed and there was a plumber on site

29/09/2017- No work has been done at our house for a week, it appears they are waiting for a brickie as all bricks are sitting there waiting.
Also just received notification from the real estate we are renting through that the owners of our house are listing it for sale. I'm devastated and just want to cry, so theres a high chance we are going to have to move out approx 6 weeks before our house is finished and I have no idea how we will find anywhere to live short term like that, all the leases in our area are 6 months minimum. I wouldn't be half as upset if it was just my husband and I but we have 2 toddlers to think of and they need their own bed rooms so we NEED a 3 bed room home.

Oh my gosh, that’s awful. I have 2 small kids myself, 2 teenage kids, 2 dogs and a cat and I would be an absolute mess if that happened to me.
Do you think the owners may be sympathetic to your situation or maybe the new owners?
Is it a fast market or slow atm?
Worst case is there some relatives or friends you could stay with and put your furniture in storage?

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=89059
aphsta
Oh my gosh, that’s awful. I have 2 small kids myself, 2 teenage kids, 2 dogs and a cat and I would be an absolute mess if that happened to me.
Do you think the owners may be sympathetic to your situation or maybe the new owners?
Is it a fast market or slow atm?
Worst case is there some relatives or friends you could stay with and put your furniture in storage?

Completely devastated. We're thinking of talking to the real estate and explaining our situation so maybe they could explain it to any buyers. The annoying thing is we just moved here just under 6 months ago and this is the 3rd house we have lived in, in 1.5 years, the kids are tired of moving and so are we.
It is a hot market here and things move fast, it's also a fairly tidy house so I think it will sell quick.
I feel sick from this

I would too, I guess apart from speaking to the current owners and potential buyers your only option is sussing out family and friends.

Do you have pets too? That makes things even harder if you do
aphsta
I would too, I guess apart from speaking to the current owners and potential buyers your only option is sussing out family and friends.

Do you have pets too? That makes things even harder if you do
We don't really have any family with any space for us, the kids need their own rooms as my youngest is a ridiculously light sleeper.
I have a cat that really old and strictly outside, all she does is sleep.

Lets hope Allworth speed through your build and your rental takes ages to sell!
aphsta
Lets hope Allworth speed through your build and your rental takes ages to sell!

Oh I hope so, me too thank you. I'll keep updating here with progress and what happens. I hate uncertainty.

Did you see my update this week with my kitchen and other choices?

All along we were told we were going complying development and it would take 2-3 weeks. 1 and a half weeks into out wait the DA turns up on the Shoalhaven tracker page. I had been checking on our second garage, I called and they said the last DA in that council took just over 6 weeks. To say I was a bit annoyed would be an understatement

Just sent you a pm

On 02/10/2017 we went and had a look inside our home, the kids were super excited and my youngest thought the floor waste pipe in the bathroom was a good spot to take a seat and do some maths with a piece of fibro and a nail.

Site supervisor has advised that there is a shortage of brickieswhich is why nothing has been done for a couple weeks and we can expect brickies onsite either Friday 6th Oct or the following monday.

Aww she’s adorable.
House is looking good.
Does the lack of brickies add to the build time or they just have to go faster to catch up?

aphsta
Aww she’s adorable.
House is looking good.
Does the lack of brickies add to the build time or they just have to go faster to catch up?

Thank you yeah she is a very inquisitive little girl.
Um I'm not sure, I didn't ask that question but I just assumed that it will extend the build time. I'm hoping these brickies work super fast, we really need this house built asap.
I called a tenant advisors hotline today and was told we would only be able to stay at our rental for another month after our notice is issued because the house is being sold, if it was the same owner it could be extended up to 3 months. So come on Allworth get to it haha.

That sucks. One month is still better than no months and it's good to have that information. When is the 17 weeks of your build up? I suppose they have to deduct time for Christmas too, or is it before then?
aphsta
That sucks. One month is still better than no months and it's good to have that information. When is the 17 weeks of your build up? I suppose they have to deduct time for Christmas too, or is it before then?
14th of December is 17 weeks and I was told before they even began to expect it to be complete mid to late January. Can only hope and pray that they knock it over before Christmas but I'm not getting my hopes up. Just going to have to play it all out and wait and see.

06/10/2017- Bags of cement delivered and some blue boxes of something. We assume getting ready for the brickies to begin next week.

09/10/2017- Load of sand delivered and 2 Courses of bricks laid around the entire house.

Progress! That’s great after a couple of weeks of nothing.
What colour bricks did you choose?

aphsta
Progress! That’s great after a couple of weeks of nothing.
What colour bricks did you choose?

It's very good to see Aphsta

We chose PGH Sorbetto a light to mid grey colour

10/10/2017- Brickies completed 1 section of bricks today.

Front bedroom window has been removed I'm guessing to change it to 2 opening panels like the display home instead of one? Not sure, there doesn't seem to be alot of communication at this point unless I chase them up so we will wait and see what happens with the window.

Related
14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

9/12/2023
Anyone building with Zac Homes?

Building A New House

Wish you all the best. Once you signed the contract, they will find millions excuses to charge you. And have seen their sites unfinished for a long time.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum